Golden State Killer may have been caught

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Golden State Killer may have been caught

Post by Jaepheth »

They have a suspect in custody for this famous cold case.
CNN wrote:After a more than 40-year search, authorities think they have the Golden State Killer in custody
By Elizabeth I. Johnson, Alanne Orjoux and Ray Sanchez, CNN

Updated 3:48 PM ET, Wed April 25, 2018

Joseph James DeAngelo has been identified as the so-called Golden State Killer believed to have committed 12 killings and at least 50 rapes across California from 1976 to 1986, authorities said. The 72-year-old suspect is being held without bail in Sacramento on two murder counts. "The answer has always been in Sacramento," Sacramento District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert said.
DeAngelo was arrested after police matched discarded DNA evidence from his Sacramento area home with genetic evidence from the crimes, Ventura County District Attorney Greg Totten said.
The suspect has been charged with capital murder and other counts in connection with the 1980 slayings of Lyman and Charlene Smith, Totten said at a news conference outside the Sacramento crime lab where authorities matched DeAngelo to the crimes.
Children of the Ancients
I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Golden State Killer may have been caught

Post by The Romulan Republic »

What I'm curious about is weather he stopped in '86, or there are more crimes that we don't yet know about. I wouldn't think someone who goes on a ten-year long rape and murder spree would just suddenly stop one day of their own volition.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.