Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, SCRawl, Thanas, Edi, K. A. Pital

Post Reply
User avatar
EnterpriseSovereign
Jedi Council Member
Posts: 2207
Joined: 2006-05-12 12:19pm
Location: High orbit

Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by EnterpriseSovereign » 2018-02-15 05:08pm

Florida shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz's defence lawyer has said her client is "sad" and "remorseful" - as a police report claimed he has confessed to the Valentine's Day gun massacre.
Melisa McNeill, who put her arm around Cruz as he appeared in court, told reporters the 19-year-old was a "broken human being" following the attack which killed 17 and injured at least 15.
A Broward County Sheriff's Office report said expelled ex-pupil Cruz confessed to being the shooter at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parklands.
The report claimed Cruz confirmed he "began shooting students that he saw in the hallways and on school grounds" then took off his rifle and vest so he could escape through the crowd.

Cruz appeared in court charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder.
"You’re charged with some very serious crimes," magistrate judge Kim Theresa Mollica told the suspected shooter, whose defence provided no argument.
The FBI has meanwhile confirmed it its investigating its handling of an apparent online threat the suspect is claimed to have made online last year.
Law enforcement officials were tipped off about a comment on a YouTube channel last year, which read: "I'm going to be a professional school shooter."
Officials said officers carried out background checks but said they found "no indication of time, location or the true identity of the person who made the comment" and did not act further on it.
This scumbag doesn't get to feel remorse for what he did! :evil:

Link.
It's no use debating a moron; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Just because you have the attention span of a fruit fly doesn't mean the rest of us are so encumbered.

"As you know science is not fact"- HuskerJay
"The Delta Fyler [sic] isn't even a shuttle craft" -HuskerJay69
"The Dominion War wasn't really all that bad"- Admiral Mercury

User avatar
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 15106
Joined: 2008-10-15 01:37am

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by The Romulan Republic » 2018-02-15 05:12pm

I would never deny a person the right to feel remorse for their actions (presuming this isn't, as I suspect is more likely, merely a legal ploy or regret that he's going to jail), but it won't bring the dead back.

All I hope is that he lives a very long life in prison, and spends every single moment of it filled with regret and self-loathing.

And that someday, we will get a Congress which will care more about the lives of children than about arming their radical base and keeping the NRA's support.
"Well, Grant, we've had the devil's own day, haven't we?"

"Yes. Lick 'em tomorrow though."

Generals William T. Sherman and Ulysses S Grant, the Battle of Shiloh.

User avatar
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Devotee
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2016-02-05 08:11pm
Location: Aboard the RCS Princess Cecile

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by U.P. Cinnabar » 2018-02-16 01:37am

The Romulan Republic wrote:
2018-02-15 05:12pm
I would never deny a person the right to feel remorse for their actions (presuming this isn't, as I suspect is more likely, merely a legal ploy or regret that he's going to jail), but it won't bring the dead back.
It's a ploy. All his social media posts indicated this was a long time in the making, and remorse was the furthest thing g from his tiny mind.
All I hope is that he lives a very long life in prison, and spends every single moment of it filled with regret and self-loathing.
He'll spend that time in the joint playing the victim card, making use of the appeals process, and strutting around like he's King Shit the whole time the son of a bitch's on death row waiting for the needle that's too good for him.

While we deny the monster we made, or that he is/was just like every other American boy.

Cause, surely the land of the cheat code and the home of Gamerhate could never behave that way.
And that someday, we will get a Congress which will care more about the lives of children than about arming their radical base and keeping the NRA's support.
And, someday, Buddha will give Mal the pony and plastic rocket he prayed for.

No, seriously. This has been an issue for thirty-eight years possibly more, and precisely jack and shit has been done about it by the left, right, or NRA cockwhore Colonel Bernie Slanders which hasn't been handwringing, posturing, thoughts, prayers, and blame gaming.

Radical base? Guns and violence are as American as Joltin' Joe beating the piss out of Marilyn Monroe, from John Wayne to Dirty Harry. That's what we refuse to see, to the point of blaming foreign patsies for that failing in our national character as well.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford

bilateralrope
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3768
Joined: 2005-06-25 06:50pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by bilateralrope » 2018-02-16 03:51am

The Romulan Republic wrote:
2018-02-15 05:12pm
And that someday, we will get a Congress which will care more about the lives of children than about arming their radical base and keeping the NRA's support.
The way I see it, gun control has no chance of passing any time soon. Thus anyone who is putting their effort into arguing about gun control without proposing alternatives that could pass and could help is more focused on guns than they are on helping people. This applies to politicians on both sides of the gun control argument.

User avatar
Tribble
Jedi Council Member
Posts: 2352
Joined: 2008-11-18 11:28am
Location: stardestroyer.net

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by Tribble » 2018-02-16 06:43am

I'm sure from the gun advocates' perspective the solution is to arm all the staff.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage

bilateralrope
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3768
Joined: 2005-06-25 06:50pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by bilateralrope » 2018-02-16 06:57am

Tribble wrote:
2018-02-16 06:43am
I'm sure from the gun advocates' perspective the solution is to arm all the staff.
If they truly believed that, they would be talking about funding the purchase of guns for the staff.

User avatar
Esquire
Jedi Master
Posts: 1443
Joined: 2011-11-16 11:20pm

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by Esquire » 2018-02-16 10:17am

bilateralrope wrote:
2018-02-16 03:51am
The Romulan Republic wrote:
2018-02-15 05:12pm
And that someday, we will get a Congress which will care more about the lives of children than about arming their radical base and keeping the NRA's support.
The way I see it, gun control has no chance of passing any time soon. Thus anyone who is putting their effort into arguing about gun control without proposing alternatives that could pass and could help is more focused on guns than they are on helping people. This applies to politicians on both sides of the gun control argument.
Well said. Sorry, guys, it's in the Constitution and we lost the relevant court case(s). We can either change the Constitution or try a different tack.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb

User avatar
EnterpriseSovereign
Jedi Council Member
Posts: 2207
Joined: 2006-05-12 12:19pm
Location: High orbit

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by EnterpriseSovereign » 2018-02-16 10:58am

bilateralrope wrote:
2018-02-16 06:57am
Tribble wrote:
2018-02-16 06:43am
I'm sure from the gun advocates' perspective the solution is to arm all the staff.
If they truly believed that, they would be talking about funding the purchase of guns for the staff.
One of the parents from the school advocated that exact thing (though didn't want to appear on camera saying "arm the teachers")- I can more easily see teachers being allowed to bring their own firearms than to see anyone actually funding that.

The second video on this page sums the issue up in a nutshell. Upshot is that the only thing where there's near-universal agreement is in favour of background checks, with 95% saying yes.
It's no use debating a moron; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Just because you have the attention span of a fruit fly doesn't mean the rest of us are so encumbered.

"As you know science is not fact"- HuskerJay
"The Delta Fyler [sic] isn't even a shuttle craft" -HuskerJay69
"The Dominion War wasn't really all that bad"- Admiral Mercury

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 30106
Joined: 2009-05-23 07:29pm

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by Simon_Jester » 2018-02-16 11:10am

bilateralrope wrote:
2018-02-16 06:57am
Tribble wrote:
2018-02-16 06:43am
I'm sure from the gun advocates' perspective the solution is to arm all the staff.
If they truly believed that, they would be talking about funding the purchase of guns for the staff.
Some do.

Or at least a few of the staff, in the same general spirit as the idea of putting a few armed "air marshals" on commercial flights to guard against hijackers.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov

User avatar
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee
Posts: 2778
Joined: 2006-09-10 10:16pm
Location: Research Triangle, NC

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by Ziggy Stardust » 2018-02-16 07:29pm

bilateralrope wrote:
2018-02-16 06:57am
If they truly believed that, they would be talking about funding the purchase of guns for the staff.
They're just going to do the same thing they always do when gun control legislation is proposed: they will find some minor semantic detail of the legislation to nitpick (omg they used a slightly different technical word to describe the trigger then the one currently in vogue among hard-core gun enthusiasts, the horror!) and use that as an excuse to dismiss the entire enterprise of gun control as being futile.

User avatar
Zaune
Sith Acolyte
Posts: 6172
Joined: 2010-06-21 11:05am
Location: In Transit
Contact:

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by Zaune » 2018-02-16 08:24pm

Simon_Jester wrote:
2018-02-16 11:10am
Or at least a few of the staff, in the same general spirit as the idea of putting a few armed "air marshals" on commercial flights to guard against hijackers.
And who pays for the firearms, ammunition and range time?

I'm not totally opposed to the idea, even if I can see a bunch of practical objections, but if my sister-in-law the elementary school teacher is having to buy stationery out of her own pocket then Armok knows where the school district is going to find the money to issue her a sidearm and make sure she knows how to use it.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)


Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin


Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog

User avatar
loomer
Sith Devotee
Posts: 2988
Joined: 2005-11-20 07:57am
Contact:

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by loomer » 2018-02-16 10:03pm

Why would you wish he doesn't feel remorse? Remorse is not a pleasant thing to experience.
"You're wonderful, and you're alive, and you deserve every little bit of happiness that the universe has to offer anyone, no matter who or what you like. Never forget that." - Achewood

User avatar
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Posts: 28860
Joined: 2002-07-06 06:34pm

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by MKSheppard » 2018-02-17 03:03am

Ziggy Stardust wrote:
2018-02-16 07:29pm
and use that as an excuse to dismiss the entire enterprise of gun control as being futile.
Baltimore shows it's futile, comrade.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944

User avatar
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover
Posts: 8238
Joined: 2002-07-07 03:04am
Location: Wasting time instead of money
Contact:

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by Ace Pace » 2018-02-17 03:55am

MKSheppard wrote:
2018-02-17 03:03am
Ziggy Stardust wrote:
2018-02-16 07:29pm
and use that as an excuse to dismiss the entire enterprise of gun control as being futile.
Baltimore shows it's futile, comrade.
Australia shows it isn't. I can also strawman.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |

User avatar
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 10489
Joined: 2002-07-07 04:57pm
Location: Sheffield, UK

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by Vendetta » 2018-02-17 08:13am

Tribble wrote:
2018-02-16 06:43am
I'm sure from the gun advocates' perspective the solution is to arm all the staff.
Nah, ban schools.

Clearly too dangerous.

NRA supported homeschooling for all.

User avatar
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 15106
Joined: 2008-10-15 01:37am

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by The Romulan Republic » 2018-02-17 01:22pm

U.P. Cinnabar wrote:
2018-02-16 01:37am
It's a ploy. All his social media posts indicated this was a long time in the making, and remorse was the furthest thing g from his tiny mind.
In all probability, yes its a ploy. Or, as I said "regret that he got caught and has to pay the price."
He'll spend that time in the joint playing the victim card, making use of the appeals process, and strutting around like he's King Shit the whole time the son of a bitch's on death row waiting for the needle that's too good for him.
While I appreciate your contempt for this murdering scumbag, this is starting to verge on internet tough guy territory.

I hope you are not suggesting that accused killers should have their right to parole reduced in order to speed them on their way to death row.
While we deny the monster we made, or that he is/was just like every other American boy.

Cause, surely the land of the cheat code and the home of Gamerhate could never behave that way.
Now you're going too far. No, I don't think every American boy is on the cusp of mass murder.
And, someday, Buddha will give Mal the pony and plastic rocket he prayed for.

No, seriously. This has been an issue for thirty-eight years possibly more, and precisely jack and shit has been done about it by the left, right, or NRA cockwhore Colonel Bernie Slanders which hasn't been handwringing, posturing, thoughts, prayers, and blame gaming.
This is not the place for a Bernie Sanders debate, but I would be remiss if I did not point out that calling him an "NRA cockwhore" because he supports slightly less gun regulation than some Democrats, is unreasonable. And to treat the Left and Right generally as equivalent on this issue is frankly dishonest (or else deeply ignorant), as much as any other variation of the "both sides" narrative.

And there are plenty of people on the Left who would like to do something about it. The problem is that the NRA has bought/intimidated a sufficient number of Congressmembers to prevent that.
Radical base? Guns and violence are as American as Joltin' Joe beating the piss out of Marilyn Monroe, from John Wayne to Dirty Harry. That's what we refuse to see, to the point of blaming foreign patsies for that failing in our national character as well.
Guns and violence are very American, yes. But at the same time, IIRC, polls show that the vast majority of Americans support a greater degree of gun regulation than we have.

That said, I would agree that the problem is (partially) cultural- a deeply engrained culture of glorifying the lone vigilante and political violence, in particular.

Of course, there are other facets to the problem as well- lack of quality mental health care, deep racial divisions, economic insecurity, lack of gun control, and probably some others I'm not thinking of. People looking for a single cause (or solution) to the gun violence issue are wasting their time (or, in some cases, looking for a scapegoat that is politically acceptable to them).

As, frankly, are defeatist rants, however justified they may seem. Cynicism and defeatism breed apathy (or extremism, depending on the person). America has solved problems more intractable than this (slavery comes to mind), if with great difficulty and at great cost. The NRA would love nothing more than for Americans to believe that the problem is unsolvable (or better yet, solvable only with more guns).
"Well, Grant, we've had the devil's own day, haven't we?"

"Yes. Lick 'em tomorrow though."

Generals William T. Sherman and Ulysses S Grant, the Battle of Shiloh.

User avatar
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 15106
Joined: 2008-10-15 01:37am

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by The Romulan Republic » 2018-02-17 01:27pm

Esquire wrote:
2018-02-16 10:17am
bilateralrope wrote:
2018-02-16 03:51am
The Romulan Republic wrote:
2018-02-15 05:12pm
And that someday, we will get a Congress which will care more about the lives of children than about arming their radical base and keeping the NRA's support.
The way I see it, gun control has no chance of passing any time soon. Thus anyone who is putting their effort into arguing about gun control without proposing alternatives that could pass and could help is more focused on guns than they are on helping people. This applies to politicians on both sides of the gun control argument.
Well said. Sorry, guys, it's in the Constitution and we lost the relevant court case(s). We can either change the Constitution or try a different tack.
As demonstrated by the fact that some states/cities have more gun control laws that others, a degree of gun control is permissible under current interpretations of the Constitution. An outright ban on private gun ownership, or anything even distantly approaching that, would not be- but I don't think most people anywhere on the political spectrum want that.

So there is room for improving existing laws.

There is also the fact that the Constitution is open to judicial interpretation, that the current interpretation of the Second Amendment is not the only possible one or the only one that has existed in American history, and that the Supreme Court has previously made decisions which subsequent generations decided were misguided (or, in the case of something like Dredd Scott, outright evil).

So electing a President and Congress who will appoint a less conservative court is another angle of attack, and perhaps the most important.
"Well, Grant, we've had the devil's own day, haven't we?"

"Yes. Lick 'em tomorrow though."

Generals William T. Sherman and Ulysses S Grant, the Battle of Shiloh.

User avatar
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Devotee
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2016-02-05 08:11pm
Location: Aboard the RCS Princess Cecile

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by U.P. Cinnabar » 2018-02-17 01:47pm

By refusing to face facts, little baby Rommie, and by supporting Colonel Slanders, you have soiled your hands with the innocent blood shed in Florida and elsewhere.

You have not only conceded the debate, but all moral authority to judge anyone else for the positions they hold.

Do not bother replying to my posts because I do not feel I have to listen to one goddamned thing you have to say going forward.

So go fuck yourself with a rusty butter knife.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford

User avatar
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage
Posts: 19517
Joined: 2003-02-12 10:59pm
Location: Tahalshia Manor

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by LadyTevar » 2018-02-17 02:35pm

Cinnabar, WTF? This is not the way to debate. TRR responded to you intelligently and addressed your issues. You respond with Ad Hominems and a "Waaah, Don't talk to me anymore", in such a way you got reported for trolling. Back your ass up and try this again.
Image
Librium Arcana, Where Gamers Play!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet

User avatar
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 15106
Joined: 2008-10-15 01:37am

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by The Romulan Republic » 2018-02-17 02:36pm

U.P. Cinnabar wrote:
2018-02-17 01:47pm
By refusing to face facts, little baby Rommie, and by supporting Colonel Slanders, you have soiled your hands with the innocent blood shed in Florida and elsewhere.
You blame me for the deaths of children because I don't agree with your self-indulgent mindless cynicism, or your off-topic political vendetta? And then you have the gall to try to play the moral high ground with me?

Burn in hell, you sorry piece of shit.
You have not only conceded the debate, but all moral authority to judge anyone else for the positions they hold.
That's not how debating works. Having a different view than you is not a concession.
Do not bother replying to my posts because I do not feel I have to listen to one goddamned thing you have to say going forward.
"WAHHH, I refuse to defend my arguments because I don't like you!"

The only one who gets to say "concession accepted" here is me.
So go fuck yourself with a rusty butter knife.
So you whine about America's culture of violence, try to play the moral high ground while wallowing in your own vapid cynicism and defeatism, and then direct a description of sexual violence at someone for politely expressing a different opinion?
"Well, Grant, we've had the devil's own day, haven't we?"

"Yes. Lick 'em tomorrow though."

Generals William T. Sherman and Ulysses S Grant, the Battle of Shiloh.

User avatar
EnterpriseSovereign
Jedi Council Member
Posts: 2207
Joined: 2006-05-12 12:19pm
Location: High orbit

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by EnterpriseSovereign » 2018-02-17 09:46pm

loomer wrote:
2018-02-16 10:03pm
Why would you wish he doesn't feel remorse? Remorse is not a pleasant thing to experience.
Because it's not as though he has any excuse or reason to slaughter 17 people, like someone forced him to go on a rampage.

The very fact that he was taken alive at all is unusual, since in so many mass shootings the perpetrator/s die either by their own hand or the cops. I would know whatever bullshit motive he comes up with.

On a related note, his younger brother Zachary has been sectioned in the aftermath. Not sure what to make of that.
It's no use debating a moron; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Just because you have the attention span of a fruit fly doesn't mean the rest of us are so encumbered.

"As you know science is not fact"- HuskerJay
"The Delta Fyler [sic] isn't even a shuttle craft" -HuskerJay69
"The Dominion War wasn't really all that bad"- Admiral Mercury

User avatar
loomer
Sith Devotee
Posts: 2988
Joined: 2005-11-20 07:57am
Contact:

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by loomer » 2018-02-18 01:14am

EnterpriseSovereign wrote:
2018-02-17 09:46pm
loomer wrote:
2018-02-16 10:03pm
Why would you wish he doesn't feel remorse? Remorse is not a pleasant thing to experience.
Because it's not as though he has any excuse or reason to slaughter 17 people, like someone forced him to go on a rampage.

The very fact that he was taken alive at all is unusual, since in so many mass shootings the perpetrator/s die either by their own hand or the cops. I would know whatever bullshit motive he comes up with.

On a related note, his younger brother Zachary has been sectioned in the aftermath. Not sure what to make of that.
I don't think you understand what remorse means, in that case. It has nothing to do with excuse or reason.
"You're wonderful, and you're alive, and you deserve every little bit of happiness that the universe has to offer anyone, no matter who or what you like. Never forget that." - Achewood

User avatar
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 10489
Joined: 2003-04-10 03:45pm
Location: Cheshire, England

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by Crazedwraith » 2018-02-18 04:40am

This. I have every hope he does feel remorse.

I sincerely hope that that remorse does not get him a lighter sentence.
To the brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... sucks to be you - Peter David

User avatar
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader
Posts: 14242
Joined: 2002-08-18 07:27pm
Location: YHM

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by aerius » 2018-02-18 12:57pm

Cruz just shows that the entire US system of law enforcement, mental healthcare, and background checks is completely fucking broken.

This was a kid who had the police called to his dozens of times for domestic violence, weapons violations, and god knows what else. He was also in & out of treatment for mental health issues and doped up on various behavioral medications. This was all known to the authorities and yet they somehow let him buy a gun. Legally. If Cruz isn't a picture perfect profile of a serial killer in training I don't know what is, and it's not like the cops or others didn't know about it, everyone interviewed was like "yeah, I'm not surprised it was him". And he gets to buy a gun. Legally.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/flori ... index.html
http://www.businessinsider.com/nikolas- ... say-2018-2

And of course the FBI which can't find a hooker in a whorehouse drops the ball again.
https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press ... nd-florida

I'll put it this way. A lot of people need to lose their jobs and be charged with criminal negligence for allowing this to happen.
Image
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P

User avatar
EnterpriseSovereign
Jedi Council Member
Posts: 2207
Joined: 2006-05-12 12:19pm
Location: High orbit

Re: Nikolas Cruz 'remorseful' as police report claims he confessed to Florida school shooting massacre

Post by EnterpriseSovereign » 2018-02-18 01:45pm

Damn typo, that should have read "I would love to know whatever bullshit motive he comes up with".
It's no use debating a moron; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Just because you have the attention span of a fruit fly doesn't mean the rest of us are so encumbered.

"As you know science is not fact"- HuskerJay
"The Delta Fyler [sic] isn't even a shuttle craft" -HuskerJay69
"The Dominion War wasn't really all that bad"- Admiral Mercury

Post Reply