Net Neutrality as explained by...Burger King? Wait, what?

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Net Neutrality as explained by...Burger King? Wait, what?

Post by Dominus Atheos »

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: Net Neutrality as explained by...Burger King? Wait, what?

Post by LadyTevar »

That's one way to show folks. I'd have been a really PO'd customer
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

I get that you don't make the rules and all, but in the moment, in my current state of mind, there would be a Glock 17 9mm involved. Hi, my name is Raw Shark, and I endorse this statement.

But if I've had some drinks, that's definitely off the rez.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
JI_Joe84
Padawan Learner

Post by JI_Joe84 »

Just came across this on the ole YouTube feed.
Its a good way to explain it to American's as we normally don't notice any thing unless it blocks us from our normal every day routine.
Then its "ZOMG!! WTF! JUST GIMME MY TRIPPLE WHATEVER coffee" gahhh we are soo frickin screwed if any thing happens and people need to be adults for a minute.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

When KFC did a tweet making fun of Donald Trump, I resolved that the next time I craved fried chicken or was near a KFC, I would go for KFC, even though I usually go Popeye's.

Now, I will go Burger King.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

I do enjoy a good Whopper, it's still shit, but as far as a fast food burger goes, it's pretty good if I'm going to stoop to there anyway. According to Fast Food Nation, McDonald's has an entire department called, "The Whopper Stopper," meant to combat it, which has never seen success. Ronald has 4/5 of the top 5 burgers, but not #1.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

We've only had BK here for like 3 years, it's OK for the price, though I think I prefer McD over BK because I like the QP the most out of the choices available, of course the BK restaurant offers free refills of soda and also serves beer, but now the MCD offers double QPs as standard part of the menu.

Still both of them are blown away by the small place out in the sticks, near my home. But it's 10-13 bucks for a meal there vs <8 euros in either of those places. Just can't fucking beat that guys burgers though. And man, the fries, I don't think he does anything more special than fry them longer and harder because they are just crispier and better than anywhere else. When you get takeout usually the fries are soggy and sad when you get them home even if it's just a few miles to go. These aren't. Best damn fries I've had though.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

His Divine Shadow wrote: 2018-01-29 03:25am We've only had BK here for like 3 years, it's OK for the price, though I think I prefer McD over BK because I like the QP the most out of the choices available, of course the BK restaurant offers free refills of soda and also serves beer, but now the MCD offers double QPs as standard part of the menu.
I like that other people live in places where you can serve beer with fast food, but in Texas the headline would be: "The mortality rate within .5 miles of every Burger King has reached 100%. Experts seem to think it's tied homosexuals holding hands in public."
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Raw Shark wrote: 2018-01-28 06:35pm I do enjoy a good Whopper, it's still shit, but as far as a fast food burger goes, it's pretty good if I'm going to stoop to there anyway. According to Fast Food Nation, McDonald's has an entire department called, "The Whopper Stopper," meant to combat it, which has never seen success. Ronald has 4/5 of the top 5 burgers, but not #1.
The King is actually better than the Whopper, IMO, but neither beats a Wendy's triple cheeseburger.

With the exception of a cheeseburger from Boom A Rang's.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

Wendy's Triple is the shit, but they pay a lot into political causes that I don't support. Still, good burger.

I live in a burger town, though. If you've got money in your pocket you can get something fantastic.