How did Pakistan get the bomb?

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Crown
NARF

How did Pakistan get the bomb?

Post by Crown »

For that matter how did India? Although one has to ask, if you buy into the Zionist consiparcy theories, how in the name of all things Zion did a muslim country get the bomb? This has always facinated me, if Jews were really running the world (total bullshit) then what went wrong and allowed a muslim country to develope nukes?

If anyone has a good historical reference for this (Duchess you are usually really helpfull in this area), could you please provide it.

Were there supporting politics in play? Did the USSR help India and China help Pakistan, or were other governments involved? Was it all done 'in house'?
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

http://nuketesting.enviroweb.org/hew/In ... velop.html

Hope this helps as a starting point
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Thanks, but it focuses too much on the Indian nuclear program as opposed to the Pakistani one. Also it is very in-depth so it will take me a while to read and digest it, I was kinda hoping someone would say X country gave them this and that they got from Y country and so on. But thankyou anyway, in the end (when I finally read it) it will be better for my general knowledge! :wink:
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Okay I am an ass, it also has Pakistan's and other countries nukes. Thanks! :D
Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

There's also a section on the website for Pakistan's program.

http://nuketesting.enviroweb.org/hew/Pa ... index.html

I know you were looking for a quick answer, but I don't have it. At least now you have dates and names to cross-reference.

I also have to look into this "Atoms for Peace" program of the Eisenhower Administration.....I don't recall hearing of this before.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Chinese help. Lots and lots of Chinese help. The first Pakistani nuclear tests were of designs so close to Chinese bomb designs that there's some speculation the Chinese might have given them those weapons, though it's more likely the Pakis built them on their own to Chinese specifications. The ones they built to their own specifications fizzled.

Remember that Pakistan, despite some distance in recent years, is still a useful strategic counter against India for China. Now that Pakistan has the bomb, India will be stuck containing Pakistan and won't be a serious rival against Chinese regional power until the Kashmir situation is resolved, at any rate.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

China helped them quite a bit. Any anyway, building a nuclear bomb is not that difficult. Its doing so without attracting attention from the world and building a bomb that can be used by something smaller then a B-29 that’s the hard part.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:Chinese help. Lots and lots of Chinese help. The first Pakistani nuclear tests were of designs so close to Chinese bomb designs that there's some speculation the Chinese might have given them those weapons, though it's more likely the Pakis built them on their own to Chinese specifications. The ones they built to their own specifications fizzled.

*Smacks forhead with hand*

Well that was pretty much the obvious that I missed!
Remember that Pakistan, despite some distance in recent years, is still a useful strategic counter against India for China. Now that Pakistan has the bomb, India will be stuck containing Pakistan and won't be a serious rival against Chinese regional power until the Kashmir situation is resolved, at any rate.
I don't know if that will work for China, not in the long term anyway. India has a larger eductated population IIRC, and I agree that Kashmir is what is holding India back now, but if it's economy continues to grow by 6% (average in the 90's), I think India could very well be able to compete with China as well as Pakistan.

Some interesting times ahead, with two emerging powers in Asia...
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Sea Skimmer wrote:China helped them quite a bit. Any anyway, building a nuclear bomb is not that difficult. Its doing so without attracting attention from the world and building a bomb that can be used by something smaller then a B-29 that’s the hard part.
True, making the bomb is mostly an engineering issue rather than a nuclear physics issue.
Graeme Dice
Jedi Master

Re: How did Pakistan get the bomb?

Post by Graeme Dice »

Crown wrote:For that matter how did India? Although one has to ask, if you buy into the Zionist consiparcy theories, how in the name of all things Zion did a muslim country get the bomb? This has always facinated me, if Jews were really running the world (total bullshit) then what went wrong and allowed a muslim country to develope nukes?
I'm assuming that they built it. After all a nuke requires only pre-transistor 1940's era technology. The only really hard part is obtaining enriched radioactives for the warhead.
"I have also a paper afloat, with an electromagnetic theory of light, which, till I am convinced to the contrary, I hold to be great guns."
-- James Clerk Maxwell (1831-1879) Scottish physicist. In a letter to C. H. Cay, 5 January 1865.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Re: How did Pakistan get the bomb?

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Graeme Dice wrote: I'm assuming that they built it. After all a nuke requires only pre-transistor 1940's era technology. The only really hard part is obtaining enriched radioactives for the warhead.
However that technology gives you a 20,000 pound weapon. It will work, but to deliver it you need a heavy bomber or ICBM. Building a bomb that a tactical aircraft, cruise missile or lesser ballistic missile can use is much harder.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956