Saudis blockade Yemen, prepare for conflict with Lebanon

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

cosmicalstorm
Jedi Council Member

Saudis blockade Yemen, prepare for conflict with Lebanon

Post by cosmicalstorm »

So the Saudis have declared a kind of war on Lebanon. Possibly some kind of arragement between Israel and Saudis are in order.

And Saudi-Arabia have blockaded all of Yemen.

I Think Saudi-Arabia and Israel will get a bloody nose.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-41923769
On Monday, the coalition shut air, land and sea routes into Yemen after Houthi rebels fired a missile at Riyadh.
http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/11/breaki ... r.html?m=1
Sayyed Nasrallah speech keypoints :

Sayyed Nasrallah: Hezbollah Martyr Day refers to the anniversary of the martyrdom bombing operation carried out by martyr Ahmad Kassir who detonated the headquarters of the Israeli military command in southern Lebanon in 1982

Sayyed Nasrallah: Millions of Muslims gather at the holy sites in Iraq to mark Imam Hussein (P) Arbaeen in a sublime scene which highlights the Imam’s lofty religious positions and the loyalty as well as sacrificial spirit of his followers

Sayyed Nasrallah: Hezbollah martyrs gained the divine pride of martyrdom, giving in all their earthly possessions for the sake of obtaining Holy God’s gifts in their afterlife

Sayyed Nasrallah: The sacrifices made by Hezbollah martyrs have helped us to defeat the Zionist enemy in 2000 and 2006 and contribute to the victory achieved by the axis of resistance over ISIL and the entire terrorist plot in the region

Sayyed Nasrallah: Lebanon had been enjoying a remarkable one-year period of political and security stability before Saudi forced PM Saad Hariri to submit resignation

Sayyed Nasrallah: Saudi has blatantly and precedentedly interfered in Lebanon’s local issues by detaining Hariri and put him under house arrest

Sayyed Nasrallah: Saudi decided to impose on Lebanon a new prime minister and leader for Al-Mustaqbal party

Sayyed Nasrallah: Saudi has been provoking the Lebanese to be involved in internal clashes and seditions

Sayyed Nasrallah: Saudi has offered ‘Israel’ billions of dollars to launch a war against Lebanon and Hezbollah

Sayyed Nasrallah: The Lebanese must appreciate the importance of the political, security and economic stability in the country

Sayyed Nasrallah: Hezbollah condemns Saudi blatant interference in Lebanon’s internal affairs

Sayyed Nasrallah: Saudi insulted all the Lebanese by forcing PM Hariri to resign and detaining him

Sayyed Nasrallah: We demand that Saudi authorities let Hariri return to Lebanon

Sayyed Nasrallah: Hariri’s resignation is illegal because it occurred by force, and Lebanon’s government is still in place

Sayyed Nasrallah: The Zionist enhanced Nusra Front terrorists’ attack on Hadar city in Syria’s Quneitra in the context of stirring seditions

Sayyed Nasrallah warns the Zionist officials against waging a war against Lebanon: Hezbollah is much stronger than ever and ready for the confrontation

Sayyed Nasrallah: Saudi Arabia’s frustration is attributed to the failure of its terrorist schemes in Syria, Iraq and Yemen

Sayyed Nasrallah: Saudi blames Iran and Hezbollah for its defeat in Yemen because it underestimates the Yemenis’ capabilities

Sayyed Nasrallah: Iran does not interfere in Lebanon’s internal affairs despite its influence

Sayyed Nasrallah: Saudi deals with Lebanon as a scapegoat for its incapability to confront Iran

Al-Manar TV
https://muraselon.com/en/2017/11/nasral ... r-lebanon/
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Re: Saudis starve Yemem, declare war on Lebanon

Post by K. A. Pital »

Misleading title. No war has been declared, although there are indications Saudi Arabia is preparing for war.

Corrected by me. I'd rather like to keep this subsection clean from sensationalist overreaction.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

Its an interesting time to be living out here, that's for sure.

I am mildly comforted that Saudi shot down that missile. If they can do it, I have no doubt we will.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Re: Saudis blockade Yemen, prepare for conflict with Lebanon

Post by Flagg »

Lebanon must have repaired the infrastructure from Israel flattening it over a decade ago on a pretense. Hopefully conflict can be averted but history makes me doubtful.

So we’ll likely have even more extremism in any conflict’s wake leading to more attacks next decade. :|
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I've been pre-occupied with my own little corner of the world lately - could someone put it in a nutshell why SA would go to war with Lebanon? Or enter into any sort of "arrangement" with Israel?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Off the cuff; Iran, mostly. Hezbollah, who are pretty politically powerful in Lebanon, are frequently painted as taking a lot of support from Iran (I don't know whether they actually do or not). The Saudis really, really don't like Iran, mostly because of that whole historic Shia-Sunni thing. Therefore, 'enemy of my enemy is my friend'. By ComicalStorm's specious logic, anyway. The user is known for happily peddling rumour and hearsay.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
cosmicalstorm
Jedi Council Member

Post by cosmicalstorm »

I agree with title change but I believe they did specifically say they considered it a state of War.

The current Saudi ruler must be a fool.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

K. A. Pital wrote: 2017-11-10 10:37am Misleading title. No war has been declared, although there are indications Saudi Arabia is preparing for war.
A blockade is an act of war. Though that’s Yemen and the only article posted I trust with any confidence is the BBC one.
As for Lebanon, Israel must feel the need to mow their neighbors lawn of... Neighbors.

Odd that the Saudis would in any way associate with Israel, though. Was under the impression that that was akin to suicide for Arab regimes.
Corrected by me. I'd rather like to keep this subsection clean from sensationalist overreaction.
It’s the Middle East, so good luck with that. :wink:
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

The Saudis also appear to have kidnapped the Lebanese Prim Minister, but there are all sorts of conflicting theories at the moment about what is going on there.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/wor ... acron.html
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Flagg wrote: 2017-11-10 02:24pm
K. A. Pital wrote: 2017-11-10 10:37am Misleading title. No war has been declared, although there are indications Saudi Arabia is preparing for war.
A blockade is an act of war. Though that’s Yemen and the only article posted I trust with any confidence is the BBC one.
As for Lebanon, Israel must feel the need to mow their neighbors lawn of... Neighbors.

Odd that the Saudis would in any way associate with Israel, though. Was under the impression that that was akin to suicide for Arab regimes.
Lebanon has been slowly edging towards Iran's political influence.

The Saudis do not want that.

Also the new crown prince is having a bit of a pogrom at home, so why not spread the joy?
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Flagg wrote: 2017-11-10 02:24pmOdd that the Saudis would in any way associate with Israel, though. Was under the impression that that was akin to suicide for Arab regimes.
The Saudis associating with Israel is like Nixon going to China - given their position in their realm they're the only ones who can get away with that.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Alkaloid wrote: 2017-11-10 06:01pm The Saudis also appear to have kidnapped the Lebanese Prim Minister, but there are all sorts of conflicting theories at the moment about what is going on there.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/wor ... acron.html
Perhaps I'm misinformed, but what I had previously heard from sources I generally trust is that the (now former) Lebanese Prime Minister was always seen as somewhat of a stooge for Saudi influence in Lebanon. However, he was unable to curb Hezbollah's power in his own government, which irked the Saudis, which has led to this current escalation. It's anyone's guess what is going on in Riyahd, but my best guess based on the information I've seen on the subject would lead me to believe that he hasn't been kidnapped; rather, he's staying in Riyahd where it's safe (it seems likely if he returned to Lebanon now he would be a potential target for assassination by Hezbollah or other anti-Saudi elements).

Obviously, though, this is just speculation.