Trump pardons Joe Arpaio

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: Trump pardons Joe Arpaio

Post by Thanas »

Simon_Jester wrote: 2017-09-01 01:55pm If by "worst" I mean he is the most useless, contemptible hog of a man ever to occupy the office, then it is hardly premature to call him "worst." *
Here is the thing - I don't think he is more contemptible than other presidents. Because I view warmonger who actually start wars or racists who actually enact racist laws that remain in place for decades worse than I view loud-talking empty suits. I also do not think he is the most useless, because Buchanan and Johnson both take that cake.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Fine, you win.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I'll give you this, Simon: He's the most loathsome individual elected to the office that I can think of since probably Harding or Wilson. Nixon was a cunt, but even he had standards.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Flagg wrote: 2017-09-03 08:29pm I'll give you this, Simon: He's the most loathsome individual elected to the office that I can think of since probably Harding or Wilson. Nixon was a cunt, but even he had standards.
Yeah, that is definitely true.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Thanas wrote: 2017-09-03 08:31pm
Flagg wrote: 2017-09-03 08:29pm I'll give you this, Simon: He's the most loathsome individual elected to the office that I can think of since probably Harding or Wilson. Nixon was a cunt, but even he had standards.
Yeah, that is definitely true.
I would presume that's a side effect of electing an avatar of indulgent American consumerism as opposed to someone who has spent their adult life trying to keep their shit hidden.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Nixon also actually spent time and effort trying to accomplish productive things with his time and life. He was a horrible asshole, but he didn't spend his time in office exclusively on the task of shitting on as many people as possible and/or taking golf vacations.

When judging personal loathsomeness, a willingness to actually put effort into helping and doing constructive things counts for quite a bit in my book.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov