Labour MP says 'merit' in women-only train carriages

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: Labour MP says 'merit' in women-only train carriages

Post by Simon_Jester »

streetad wrote: 2017-09-09 11:58amAnyone who has been on a train in the UK will know exactly how academic this whole argument is. The idea that harassed commuters are going to voluntarily stand crammed in like sardines whilst the next carriage is half empty because some jobsworth says it's women only is pie in the sky, to be frank.
Are there not enough harassed female commuters to fill one carriage on the train to capacity?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Re: Labour MP says 'merit' in women-only train carriages

Post by Flagg »

Simon_Jester wrote: 2017-09-10 04:22am
streetad wrote: 2017-09-09 11:58amAnyone who has been on a train in the UK will know exactly how academic this whole argument is. The idea that harassed commuters are going to voluntarily stand crammed in like sardines whilst the next carriage is half empty because some jobsworth says it's women only is pie in the sky, to be frank.
Are there not enough harassed female commuters to fill one carriage on the train to capacity?
I pretty much already addressed this, which is one reason I blew this reply off (the other being that what this person said doesn't make any fucking sense). :lol:

But I suggested retractable partitions within the train cars themselves for exactly this situation.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw