Erdogan thugs attack people in Washington DC

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Erdogan thugs attack people in Washington DC

Post by Thanas »

The footage is unaltered and has been posted on non-western media as well, like for example Russia Today.

Better quality here:
https://mobile.twitter.com/VOATurkish/s ... 17/video/1

Of course the thugs did the same thing at the brookings institute last year too, but were more effectively stopped by US police and security there.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Re: Erdogan thugs attack people in Washington DC

Post by Raj Ahten »

The footage is damning or Erdogan's goons, I mean presidential bodyguards. The MPD guys hitting those guys with batons while they can clearly be seen with guns on their hips is a bit surreal. Next time Turkish officials visit they should be required to check their guns at the port of entry. If they want to act like hooligans treat them as such. Besides that the only accountability that might be expected is those involved won't get visas next time Erdogan comes for a visit.

Bet you Trump and Erdogan gave each other high fives over it though, so no chance the executive branch will do a damn thing. I bet local authorities press charges if only as a symbolic gesture though as this incident has pissed off a lot of people and I doubt they want to give foreign dignitaries license to riot downtown.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Raj Ahten wrote:The footage is damning or Erdogan's goons, I mean presidential bodyguards. The MPD guys hitting those guys with batons while they can clearly be seen with guns on their hips is a bit surreal. Next time Turkish officials visit they should be required to check their guns at the port of entry. If they want to act like hooligans treat them as such. Besides that the only accountability that might be expected is those involved won't get visas next time Erdogan comes for a visit.

Bet you Trump and Erdogan gave each other high fives over it though, so no chance the executive branch will do a damn thing. I bet local authorities press charges if only as a symbolic gesture though as this incident has pissed off a lot of people and I doubt they want to give foreign dignitaries license to riot downtown.
Diplomatic immunity. Trump sucks up to Erdogan who sucks up to Putin. I'm glad Neil Armstrong is dead. He'd flub his line while rolling over in his grave seeing the POTUS bend the knee to some jackbooted former KGB thug and his stooges.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Sultan Erdogan and his harem have arrived.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

It was easier in the 30's where you could recognise this breed by their brown shirts
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

If a candidate were to campaign on supporting the expulsion of Turkey from NATO, it would probably go a long way toward earning my vote.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

Putin would LOVE that.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Patroklos wrote:Putin would LOVE that.
Maybe, but at some point, an ally becomes more trouble than they're worth, and to be honest, Turkey (which has been a bit too cozy with both Putin and freaking Daesh, in addition to the coup) has crossed that line in my opinion.

This is more just one more in a long line of shit from Turkey.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

The Romulan Republic wrote:
Patroklos wrote:Putin would LOVE that.
Maybe, but at some point, an ally becomes more trouble than they're worth, and to be honest, Turkey (which has been a bit too cozy with both Putin and freaking Daesh, in addition to the coup) has crossed that line in my opinion.

This is more just one more in a long line of shit from Turkey.
To cozy with Putin? Weren't people just complaining about Turkey increasing hostility with Russia by shooting down a Russian plane?
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

ArmorPierce wrote:To cozy with Putin? Weren't people just complaining about Turkey increasing hostility with Russia by shooting down a Russian plane?
That is in the past now, and Putin sent emissaries to his Ottoman Empire buddy to make things dandy again, rapproachment is now months ago. They're bros again!! :lol:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Yeah, Erdogan has been a bit... inconsistent in recent years. First he acts like he's about to start WWIII with Russia, then he acts friendly towards them.

I think he's one who tries to play both sides of the fence.

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Yeah though having both sides hate you equally isn't really the way to go. Finland was able to be neutral ground during the Cold War by showing respect (or at least pretending to show respect) to both sides, what Erdogan is doing is the total opposite from what I've gathered.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

American police should have opened fire on the wannabe sultans detail. It's the proper response to an assault on citizens by a foreign power.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Highlord Laan wrote:American police should have opened fire on the wannabe sultans detail. It's the proper response to an assault on citizens by a foreign power.
Frankly it's more likely the police would join in on general principles that if someone breaking protester's heads they should get to have a go. It certainly looked like they were restraining members of the public.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

So the US has now issue arrest warrants for 12 of the goons. Erdogan's response? You cannot make this shit up.

Surreal, especially after Turkey has just jailed a UN judge in clear violation of diplomatic unity.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Thanas wrote:So the US has now issue arrest warrants for 12 of the goons. Erdogan's response? You cannot make this shit up.

If Erdogen can't stand seeing flags of his opposition and protesters, he's free to not come to the US again, where we allow such things. Ever.

That said:
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson
:banghead: :wtf: :banghead: :wtf: :lol:
Surreal, especially after Turkey has just jailed a UN judge in clear violation of diplomatic unity.
Do you mean diplomatic immunity?
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Surprised our current regime would even bother issuing arrest warrants for the thugs of a nice, friendly despot like Erdogan.

Fuck Erdogan.

Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Wait until the little shit and his entourage come back to the US, then gun them down in the street. It's how littledick erdogan handles things in his country, so I see no reason not to extend the same courtesy to him.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

We do not condone arguing for terrorist acts against government officials. You have been warned.
------------
------------
My LPs
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Thanas wrote:So the US has now issue arrest warrants for 12 of the goons. Erdogan's response? You cannot make this shit up.
"Can you imagine what the response would have been if a similar incident had taken place in Turkey?”

He means free speech in Turkey while Erdolf in power? Yeah... Imagine that