Stephen Colbert Insults Donald Trump

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Stephen Colbert Insults Donald Trump

Post by Broomstick »

Yeah, Colbert is a night time talk show host and jokes about the President have a long, long history on late night TV, but this is not that, we're talking about real insults:
Stephen Colbert wrote:Mr. President, your presidency — I love your presidency — I call it Disgrace The Nation. You’re not the POTUS, you’re the bloat-us. You’re the glutton with the button. You’re a regular Gorge Washington. You’re the presi-dunce, but you’re turning into a real prick-tator. … Sir, you attract more skinheads than free Rogaine. You have more people marching against you than cancer. You talk like a sign-language gorilla that got hit in the head. In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s c–k holster.
For full context and a link to a video go here
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Re: Stephen Colbert Insults Donald Trump

Post by mr friendly guy »

Comedians insulting the President. That's unpresidented. And no, that's not a spelling error.

Although given the way comedians have been having a field day, I think one day we will have an entire thread devoting to comedians mocking Trump.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Yeah, but I agree- this seems more overtly hostile than the usual mockery Presidents get. Although its nothing Donald hasn't attracted before (and he deserves every bit of it and more). My favourite description of the Donald by a comedian, which wasn't even a joke, is when John Oliver described him as "one of the ugliest souls on the planet."
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

TRR is right here - that wasn't joking, that was insulting. Granted there can be a fine line between the two, but this wasn't mocking a gaff or speech idiosyncrasy, it was insult.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Good. Freedom of speech to speak out against the government. Trump (help us all) is the government.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

No, that is what Trump wants you to think. Trump is NOT "the government". Trump is merely one part of the government, and replaceable. In fact, it is mandated that he be replaced no more than 8 years from the time of his election.

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Broomstick wrote:No, that is what Trump wants you to think. Trump is NOT "the government". Trump is merely one part of the government, and replaceable. In fact, it is mandated that he be replaced no more than 8 years from the time of his election.
Assuming the arrogant fool doesn't get it into his head to write an Executive Order doing away with all that in another four years, which is more than enough time to appoint enough of his own yes-men and cronies that he could make a serious go of backing it up...
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Zaune wrote:
Broomstick wrote:No, that is what Trump wants you to think. Trump is NOT "the government". Trump is merely one part of the government, and replaceable. In fact, it is mandated that he be replaced no more than 8 years from the time of his election.
Assuming the arrogant fool doesn't get it into his head to write an Executive Order doing away with all that in another four years, which is more than enough time to appoint enough of his own yes-men and cronies that he could make a serious go of backing it up...
I doubt that that would be allowed to happen. Trying to blatantly overturn Constitutional term limits by Executive fiat would probably be a bridge too far for most Americans short of some scenario like WWIII where martial law had been declared, and I suspect that a lot of blue state governments would flat-out refuse to recognize it. Nor do I think that there would necessarily be lock-step support from Congressional Republicans.

That kind of shift to outright dictatorship for life in a country with a strong tradition of Democratic transitions of power is possible, but it would require carefully eroding democratic institutions even more than they have been eroded. Donald might try it, but I'm not convinced that he has enough self-control or uniform support from his own party to pull it off.

Edit: That's not to undersell the danger Trump represents to our democratic institutions. Just that I think he'd have to operate through more subtle means to pull it off without major opposition.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I'm pretty sure it's more likely that Trump doesn't last past his first term then that he'd get enough support to nominate himself as "president for life" IIRC a lot of stuff of his that failed to pass failed to pass because he didn't have enough support within the GoP not because democrats were able to stop it.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Yup.

While he has a die-hard loyalist wing of the Republican Party, there are probably more who will throw him under the bus the moment its more to their advantage to do so (i.e., when enough of the base turns on him to jeopardize their own reelection prospects, or, in some cases, when the FBI starts closing in and they need to testify in exchange for immunity :twisted: ).

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

And Trump couldn't do subtle if his life depended on it anyway.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Comedian makes easy jokes about a politician. Compelling.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

Honestly this is insulting.....to Colbert. Colbert is a good comedian who has shown himself capable of riffing on people and Donald Trump is an incredibly easy target to do so. But this, it lacks subtlety, any sort of wit or really even humor (in my admittedly skewed opinion). It straight up schoolyard personal insults.

For some just making fun of someones looks or way of talking is the best they can do in their pitiful attempts at humor, calling someone a poophead the refuge of the comedian lacking in comedy, Colbert I think should be better then that. Or atleast his writers.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Joun_Lord wrote:Honestly this is insulting.....to Colbert. Colbert is a good comedian who has shown himself capable of riffing on people and Donald Trump is an incredibly easy target to do so. But this, it lacks subtlety, any sort of wit or really even humor (in my admittedly skewed opinion). It straight up schoolyard personal insults.

For some just making fun of someones looks or way of talking is the best they can do in their pitiful attempts at humor, calling someone a poophead the refuge of the comedian lacking in comedy, Colbert I think should be better then that. Or atleast his writers.
That's certainly something. I've seen Colbert be a lot funnier than this, and a lot sharper when he trying to be insulting but not funny.

I miss Larry Wilmore.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Why would he bother trying? The guy's a piece of shit. Everything's going to shit. No one else there actually tries, that's why it's such a pile of shit.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Joun_Lord wrote:Honestly this is insulting.....to Colbert. Colbert is a good comedian who has shown himself capable of riffing on people and Donald Trump is an incredibly easy target to do so. But this, it lacks subtlety, any sort of wit or really even humor (in my admittedly skewed opinion). It straight up schoolyard personal insults.

Newsflash: It was less humorous than Colbert usually is because he wasn't engaging in satire. He was genuinely pissed off at Trump being a shithead to someone he liked and respected.

Removed double post -- LadyTevar
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Oh, please. We're talking about Douchebag Donnie, here. That pathetic little shitheel manchild is so low on the totem pole of respect that's he's part of the buried portion. Why the bloody gibbering fuck should anyone bother with appealing to some bullshit moral high ground or high-minded stupidity when dealing with or speaking of such low filth? Nothing Colbert said was wrong in any way, all of it was accurate, and attempting to say better is nothing but pointless sugar coating. It is impossible to speak or act lower than Trumpolini, because nobody and nothing can be lower than Trumpolini.

Colbert called a spade a spade, which is infinite orders of magnitude better and more worthy of respect and praise than anything wannabe Il Duce has done with his entire misbegotten life.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Vladimir Putin's Cock Holster.

That might be better than Cunts for Eyes.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

One may want to watch the video in Broomstick's OP link for context. Yes, Colbert WAS insulting. It was on purpose and it was warranted.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

Ralin wrote:Newsflash: It was less humorous than Colbert usually is because he wasn't engaging in satire. He was genuinely pissed off at Trump being a shithead to someone he liked and respected.
As a satirist its hard to tell when he is being serious or not though that could just be me. Trump being a massive shithead is always a shithead towards someone, stooping to name calling insults just because Senor President Pussy Grabber hits a bit close to home with his own childish antics seems in my opinion foolish.
Highlord Laan wrote:Oh, please. We're talking about Douchebag Donnie, here. That pathetic little shitheel manchild is so low on the totem pole of respect that's he's part of the buried portion. Why the bloody gibbering fuck should anyone bother with appealing to some bullshit moral high ground or high-minded stupidity when dealing with or speaking of such low filth? Nothing Colbert said was wrong in any way, all of it was accurate, and attempting to say better is nothing but pointless sugar coating. It is impossible to speak or act lower than Trumpolini, because nobody and nothing can be lower than Trumpolini.

Colbert called a spade a spade, which is infinite orders of magnitude better and more worthy of respect and praise than anything wannabe Il Duce has done with his entire misbegotten life.
Nothing wrong with calling the person who made Hillary Clinton seem like a somewhat sane alternative the shitstain on democracy, America, New York, and the world that he is. We here in these here tubes of net make a game of coming up with new and interesting insults for the fuck in between abject horror at what insane or stupid thing he might do next and frozen fear at what assault on our rights or lives he might come up with during his next round of golf.

But we are also random yahoos (or googles, probably no bings) who aren't noted satirists and comedians known for our intelligent wit, not even me. Calling Trump a metaphorical poo-poo doo-doo head lacks wit or real thought, its a juvenile insult taking place in the banal bowels of the internet regurgitated by people who are at best veteran amateurs in the field of political mooning.

Dr Stephen T Colbert DFA is a guy with a nationally broadcast show, decades of experience in the game, and no doubt a team of talented writers providing support. Him lowering himself to throwing the same sort of insults that wouldn't exactly be out of place here (I could see Shroomy using prick-tator easily and I'm sure someone has already said some variation of Vlad Pootin's cock holster) or reddit or some shit does himself a disservice.

You don't wallow in shit just because your target of ire is some bloated pig doing figures 8s in a pen of his excrement. Apologies to our porcine cousins for comparing Trump to them.
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Thing is Jotun, attempting to be witty and intelligent at the expense of Vlad Putins living fleshlight is a waste of wit and intelligence.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Batman wrote:One may want to watch the video in Broomstick's OP link for context. Yes, Colbert WAS insulting. It was on purpose and it was warranted.
But the sanctity of the office! :lol:

The best thing about Colbert is that he would gladly say all of this to Vlad's Cock Holster. He did it with Bush.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

My god Joun_Lord you're so great I would be so honored if you chose to suckle my teats. My milkbags from which breastbloods bleed.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

Highlord Laan wrote:Thing is Jotun, attempting to be witty and intelligent at the expense of Vlad Putins living fleshlight is a waste of wit and intelligence.
I think they are the best kind because they are the kind Trump's teensy tiny little pee brain can't wrap his pumpkin head around. Trump understands when you call him a dick, an ass, a douche, or any of the many simplistic variations. That is his element second only to fucking people over. You fling shit his way its just going to slid right off him like sexual assault allegations. It might wind up making you look bad as it has with Colbertandernie for some with accusations of him being homophobic for his quip about Trump being Putin's man gravy receptacle because I guess it implies blowing someone is a bad thing or something, I dunno. Either way its liable to be more of a problem for Colbert then Trump. Trump is apparently coated in some anti-shit teflon that most anyone who had ever worked around farm animals or septic systems (other then the Trump Presidency) would give their right nut for.

Throw some intelligent shade his way and he's like me in any social interaction or working a mobile phone, completely fucking clueless. The most he can do is ineptly write some weak ass garbage on his twitter page in response or have Sean Spicer display more of his terminal case of foot in mouth syndrome. Trump has no defense against anything with even a modicum of thought, his shit shields are not on the right frequency to block subtle shit thrown at him. Its much more satisfying to me atleast when someone burns him and he is so goddamn dense he doesn't know how to respond, probably has to ask his son in law or his throat cleaner what it means.

Attack the moron where it hurts the most, his bloated ego. That things so huge Matt Damon on Mars could probably spot it.
Shroom Man 777 wrote:My god Joun_Lord you're so great I would be so honored if you chose to suckle my teats. My milkbags from which breastbloods bleed.
Are your breastbloods considered dairy? Dairy products play hell with my system.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Joun, stop watching South Park. It rots the brain.

Anyway, being witty and going over someone's head loses the point of it being a direct insult.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw