Stephen Colbert Insults Donald Trump

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Re: Stephen Colbert Insults Donald Trump

Post by Joun_Lord »

I've long since stopped watching South Park. Now I get all my crappy humor from Family Guy, as nature intended.

Seriously though, going over someones head, being so far above them I think has more bite then a direct insult especially for some pin prick clown like Trump who knows what to do with a direct insult. He is a 60 year old schoolyard bully, has the same sort of tactics (well the hands off ones except when it comes to women) and the same lack of weakness to a response in kind.

Insult a bully with low brown jabs of character and appearance and its not going to do shit. Make him feel like the small minded (among other parts) loser that he is and it might work better.

Yeah sure we here insult the fuck out of his (lack of) character and his (clownlike) appearance but I highly doubt Trump will ever see even the most biting of our insults (sadly, you've had some doozies Flagg) but Colbert actually can fuck with the bastard for realsies.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Flagg wrote: But the sanctity of the office! :lol:
Since the guy currently holding it obviously doesn't give a flying fuck about that, why should anybody else?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

The thing is, people have tried getting a Trump with satire before.

It doesn't work on him reliably at all. Many times, if people portray him in a bad light, such as pointing out his authoritarian "ethos" or his lack of decorum, he either ignores it entirely or worse, he thinks it is a positive portrayal of him. And then his die-hard supporters believe him.

At this point, direct insult is probably the only way to get at him or his supporters in a way they can't outright refuse or twist into a mockery of the point.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

I kinda like how Joun is proving that the knee-jerk tendency for all and sundry to police anger isn't only directed at women and minorities.
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

I don't want to police anger (my therapist could easily back up this fact) but I think getting mad at Trump is as ineffective as.......uhh I was going to use a pokemon analogy but honestly don't know any, maybe using a fire type against a water type? That sounds right enough.

Directing anger at Trump does fuck all beyond letting the bed pisser get a rise out of you and make you look hotheaded. Being angry at his diehard supporters just further validates their world view.

Anger accomplishes little if anything as most people with anger problems will tell you. You either smash your own shit and have to replace it or smash someone else's shit and get in legal trouble. You don't think, you act stupidly, you flail wildly around damaging yourself like myself as a teen.

Colbert got angry and started insulting Trump, got down to Trump's level and wound up making a fool of himself. His outburst of anger didn't do shit to Trump except give him another thing to point his fat fingers at the "liberal media" and decry how they are the true bad guys.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Joun_Lord wrote: Directing anger at Trump does fuck all beyond letting the bed pisser get a rise out of you and make you look hotheaded. Being angry at his diehard supporters just further validates their world view.
I also find it remarkable that we are now applying the "If you get angry the troll wins!!!" crap to the president of the United States
Anger accomplishes little if anything as most people with anger problems will tell you. You either smash your own shit and have to replace it or smash someone else's shit and get in legal trouble. You don't think, you act stupidly, you flail wildly around damaging yourself like myself as a teen.
Anger doesn't need to accomplish something. It's a natural and healthy response to many things, like a child-fucker fascist insulting a person you respect or having to read the crap you post.
Colbert got angry and started insulting Trump, got down to Trump's level and wound up making a fool of himself. His outburst of anger didn't do shit to Trump except give him another thing to point his fat fingers at the "liberal media" and decry how they are the true bad guys.
The only one making a fool out of themselves is you. As usual.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Batman wrote:
Flagg wrote: But the sanctity of the office! :lol:
Since the guy currently holding it obviously doesn't give a flying fuck about that, why should anybody else?
I wasn't being sarcastic at all, either!
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Flagg wrote:
Batman wrote:One may want to watch the video in Broomstick's OP link for context. Yes, Colbert WAS insulting. It was on purpose and it was warranted.
But the sanctity of the office! :lol:

The best thing about Colbert is that he would gladly say all of this to Vlad's Cock Holster. He did it with Bush.
Come now, Flagg. Everyone knows the only presidents worthy of respect are republicans. They are, after all, the chosen party of His Eminence the Russian Cocksleeve. No other party could possibly be worthy of the honor of being Muscovite Cumdumpters By Association.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

That's really the point of this, I think: Its not just about venting our anger (though it certainly is good for that) or making jokes at Trump's expense. Its to show that Trump is unworthy of the respect that would ordinarily be extended to a President, in a sense that he is unfit to be regarded as a President.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master

Post by Highlord Laan »

The Romulan Republic wrote:That's really the point of this, I think: Its not just about venting our anger (though it certainly is good for that) or making jokes at Trump's expense. Its to show that Trump is unworthy of the respect that would ordinarily be extended to a President, in a sense that he is unfit to be regarded as a President.
I don't even see Comrade Putin's favorite Cyka Blyat as worthy of being regarded as a decent human being, let alone a President. He's the kind of scumbag I wouldn't piss on if he was on fire.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Highlord Laan wrote:Oh, please. We're talking about Douchebag Donnie, here. That pathetic little shitheel manchild is so low on the totem pole of respect that's he's part of the buried portion. Why the bloody gibbering fuck should anyone bother with appealing to some bullshit moral high ground or high-minded stupidity when dealing with or speaking of such low filth? Nothing Colbert said was wrong in any way, all of it was accurate, and attempting to say better is nothing but pointless sugar coating. It is impossible to speak or act lower than Trumpolini, because nobody and nothing can be lower than Trumpolini.
Bolding mine.

There's worse, and they're the GOP voter base. They're the ones who made Trump the nominee and then that nominee the President. Trump may be a vile person, but sixty two million (well located) people thought it was a good idea to put him in the big chair. Trump is the ugly symptom of a worse disease.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master

Post by Highlord Laan »

Gandalf wrote:
Highlord Laan wrote:Oh, please. We're talking about Douchebag Donnie, here. That pathetic little shitheel manchild is so low on the totem pole of respect that's he's part of the buried portion. Why the bloody gibbering fuck should anyone bother with appealing to some bullshit moral high ground or high-minded stupidity when dealing with or speaking of such low filth? Nothing Colbert said was wrong in any way, all of it was accurate, and attempting to say better is nothing but pointless sugar coating. It is impossible to speak or act lower than Trumpolini, because nobody and nothing can be lower than Trumpolini.
Bolding mine.

There's worse, and they're the GOP voter base. They're the ones who made Trump the nominee and then that nominee the President. Trump may be a vile person, but sixty two million (well located) people thought it was a good idea to put him in the big chair. Trump is the ugly symptom of a worse disease.
I pretty much consider Comrade Cumbucket and his followers to be one in the same bloated, cancerous, syphilitic discharge drenched mass of hooting primate stupidity by this point.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Trump is the destination at the end of the road the Republican Party has been following since Richard Nixon and the Southern Strategy.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

Highlord Laan
Jedi Master

Post by Highlord Laan »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Trump is the destination at the end of the road the Republican Party has been following since Richard Nixon and the Southern Strategy.
Which is why I've been a long proponent of walling the south off and letting them be the Confederacy again. The US could then fund massive infrastructure and social projects just with the money made by inviting foreign tourists to point and laugh.
Last edited by Highlord Laan on 2017-05-03 01:36am, edited 1 time in total.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

In retrospect, I almost wonder if the Republican Party died with the end of the Eisenhower Presidency.

Perhaps it could have been salvaged later, but they just kept digging themselves in deeper. Ford pardoning Nixon rather than letting him be made an example of for his power-grasping corruption. Reagan being... Reagan. Bush I was alright, I guess, but the Congressional leadership during Clinton's term was appalling and a precursor to the hyper-partisan, obstructionist Republicans of the Obama era, and W. cemented their status as the party of the idiots.

Highlord Laan
Jedi Master

Post by Highlord Laan »

As an aside, the righties acting all shocked and appalled is as asinine as it amusing. The number of articles calling Colbert a homophobe now (most of them copy-paste jobs of the same article) is so blatantly two-faced that it's actually kind of insulting.

Even worse, around 50% of the population is pants-on-head retarded enough to swallow it.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Yeah. Leaving aside the Right's selective objection to "homophobia", its pretty obvious Colbert was insulting Trump by calling him a whore, not by calling him gay.

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Highlord Laan wrote:Which is why I've been a long proponent of walling the south off and letting them be the Confederacy again. the US could then fund massive infrastructure and social projects just with the money made by inviting foreign tourists to point and laugh.
Why even allow the Confederacy? Just give the land back to the Indigenous peoples of the region if you want to go down that route. :P
Highlord Laan wrote:I pretty much consider Comrade Cumbucket and his followers to be one in the same bloated, cancerous, syphilitic discharge drenched mass of hooting primate stupidity by this point.
Considering some of his voters voted for Obama before flipping over, this seems short sighted.
The Romulan Republic wrote:In retrospect, I almost wonder if the Republican Party died with the end of the Eisenhower Presidency.

Perhaps it could have been salvaged later, but they just kept digging themselves in deeper. Ford pardoning Nixon rather than letting him be made an example of for his power-grasping corruption. Reagan being... Reagan. Bush I was alright, I guess, but the Congressional leadership during Clinton's term was appalling and a precursor to the hyper-partisan, obstructionist Republicans of the Obama era, and W. cemented their status as the party of the idiots.
I see your point, though this rests on the idea of a constant state of Republican values. A political party is like a company, which need to be fluid and change to meet the demands of the consumer base in order to stay relevant. You could certainly argue that the last of Eisenhowerism in the party dies under Reagan (or whoever), as the influence of certain people comes and goes. In fifty to a hundred years who knows where they'll be.

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
houser2112
Padawan Learner

Post by houser2112 »

Highlord Laan wrote:Which is why I've been a long proponent of walling the south off and letting them be the Confederacy again. The US could then fund massive infrastructure and social projects just with the money made by inviting foreign tourists to point and laugh.
If only it were that simple. I get the sentiment, but we'd be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The Republican base is not "the South", but "the country". There are backward thinking hicks in the boonies of bluest-of-blue-states New York, and forward thinking liberals in the cities of reddest-of-red-states Texas.
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

Ralin wrote:I also find it remarkable that we are now applying the "If you get angry the troll wins!!!" crap to the president of the United States
Considering the "President" is some douchebag that spends alot of time on twitter pissing people off calling him a troll is an apt description. Amd yes, getting angry does mean he wins and being angry means you lose focus and start doing rash stupid shit. Nobody has ever said an angry person makes sound rational decisions.
Ralin wrote:Anger doesn't need to accomplish something. It's a natural and healthy response to many things, like a child-fucker fascist insulting a person you respect or having to read the crap you post.
Its as natural alongside childfucking and racism and about as useful. It is in fact a stupid, emotional, and destructive response usually reserved for children or people with the mindset and penis size of a child.
Ralin wrote:The only one making a fool out of themselves is you. As usual.
Says the foolish fool defending a temper tantrum as a good thing.
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

Gandalf wrote:There's worse, and they're the GOP voter base. They're the ones who made Trump the nominee and then that nominee the President. Trump may be a vile person, but sixty two million (well located) people thought it was a good idea to put him in the big chair. Trump is the ugly symptom of a worse disease.
Yeah THAT is a exactly the wrong thing to be doing. This isn't only a response to you but everyone giving themselves a circle jerk about them stupid Southerners.

One, Republicans nor Trump voters are limited to just the South anymore then Democrats and Clinton voters are limited to just the North. People voted for Trump all over the country. Have you not seen the map of voters, Trump sure shows it every fucking where with the camera above the waist so no one can see his centimeter peter making a tent in his trousers.

Two, blaming Trump just on Replebian voters is incorrect. Trump is the result of both parties stupidity and policies (why did I say stupidity twice). Economic mismanagement, international policies, and more contributed to the unease in both parties that led to them both trotting out two shit candidates that weren't fit for running a McDonalds. There were plenty of Dems who helped contribute to Trumps win either not voting and some even voting for Trump is protest for Clinton being a bad candidate or for the fact she stole the Dem nomination. 4% less Dems voted in 2016 then did in 2012 while 2% less Republicans did and the overall vote was only 55% of registered voters which was the lowest turn out since the first Bill Clinton election

Republican voters certainly helped propel Trump to victory but they were stuck between a rock and hard place, either don't vote and give the election to someone they thought was worse or vote for the person the believe was somehow worse then Trump. Look at all the shit our side gives for people sitting out the vote, do you really think its any different on their side? Do you really think people weren't saying "I'll just hold my nose and vote anyway" the same as plenty of Democrats were doing with Clinton despite having no real want to vote for her but feeling they had no choice?

Trump is indeed a symptom of a disease but that disease is American politics, the entire gangrenous money led winner take all vile cesspool.

But nah, lets pat ourselves on the back and look down upon them idiot rednecks, sure in our superiority like that ain't totally one of the things that sent many rural diehard Democrats into the Republicans arms and sure in the knowledge we and our party totally had nothing to do with Trump getting elected too.

For fucks sake people.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Broomstick wrote:No, that is what Trump wants you to think. Trump is NOT "the government". Trump is merely one part of the government, and replaceable. In fact, it is mandated that he be replaced no more than 8 years from the time of his election.
Trump is POTUS, the most centralized and visible person of the government. For all intents and purposes, the President is the tip top of the government. Trump can no longer say he is NOT a politician or an outsider. He is the tip top of the government, the so called 'most powerful man in the world' and can call any part of the government and have them pretty much do what he wants within the law. He is also the defacto leader of the GOP right now and the GOP has majorities in both the House and Senate.

Trump is the highest profile person in the government as well as the most powerful. He is the government right now. Protesting him is protesting the government which is about as American as guns and apple pie.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Highlord Laan wrote:
Flagg wrote:
Batman wrote:One may want to watch the video in Broomstick's OP link for context. Yes, Colbert WAS insulting. It was on purpose and it was warranted.
But the sanctity of the office! :lol:

The best thing about Colbert is that he would gladly say all of this to Vlad's Cock Holster. He did it with Bush.
Come now, Flagg. Everyone knows the only presidents worthy of respect are republicans. They are, after all, the chosen party of His Eminence the Russian Cocksleeve. No other party could possibly be worthy of the honor of being Muscovite Cumdumpters By Association.
It's funny too, because when Colbert did the WH Correspondents Dinner, he was openly mocking the dumbshit sitting 3 chairs away from him. And the beltway media were apoplectic.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Joun_Lord wrote:
Gandalf wrote:There's worse, and they're the GOP voter base. They're the ones who made Trump the nominee and then that nominee the President. Trump may be a vile person, but sixty two million (well located) people thought it was a good idea to put him in the big chair. Trump is the ugly symptom of a worse disease.
Yeah THAT is a exactly the wrong thing to be doing. This isn't only a response to you but everyone giving themselves a circle jerk about them stupid Southerners.

One, Republicans nor Trump voters are limited to just the South anymore then Democrats and Clinton voters are limited to just the North. People voted for Trump all over the country. Have you not seen the map of voters, Trump sure shows it every fucking where with the camera above the waist so no one can see his centimeter peter making a tent in his trousers.
Where did I blame people from the south? Or did you make the association between "people who would vote for Trump" and "south" on your own?
*snip pointless ranting*
:lol: You fucking clod.

- George Carlin
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

We are witnessing Gandalf demonstrate how you turn a left leaning reliably Democratic voter into the poachable swing voter. Its very informative.