German axe attack in Dusseldorf

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

German axe attack in Dusseldorf

Post by mr friendly guy »

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/axe ... 094cd5cc00
Axe rampage at Dusseldorf train station in Germany
MARCH 10, 20179:11AM

TWO men armed with axes have gone on a rampage at the central train station in Dusseldorf, injuring up to five people.
A police spokesman said on Thursday night local time that two suspected attackers were arrested but more suspected attackers are believed to be on the run.
Local media are reporting there are fears two more suspects have fled into the city centre.

The police arrived with heavily armed special forces and the station was evacuated. A helicopter circled over the building in the inner-city.

According to Bild, one of the perpetrators jumped from a bridge to flee before being arrested under the bridge.

Federal police spokesman for the regional state of North Rhine-Wesphalia state, Rainer Kerstiens described the attack to Deutsche Welle as an “amok attack.”

A station attendant told Bild: “We were standing on the track, waiting for the train. The train came, and suddenly someone jumped out with an axe, hit the people. There was blood everywhere. I have experienced a lot, but I have never experienced this. “

Up to five people were reportedly injured in the attack but, as of yet, there are no details on the extent of their injuries.
Spiegel reported that eyewitnesses saw people bleeding on the ground but there has been no confirmation from police.

An image posted on Twitter shows what appears to be injured passengers lying on the station floor surrounded by emergency services personnel.
Terrified passengers have taken to social media to say the situation inside the station “looks bad”.

Bruno Macedo tweeted: “Man with axe chased by police in Dusseldorf. Station closed. I am in the train things look bad #police #terror.’
He also posted a video on Facebook of himself and other passengers in lockdown inside a train carriage at the stop before Dusseldorf.
“So apparently there is a crazy guy with an axe,”Macedo says in the video.
“We just got a warning and things are getting worse apparently.”

A police helicopter is circulating over the area, according to RP Online. Trains have been diverted from Dusseldorf’s main train station while police continue to deal with the incident.
More to come
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.