John Oliver on Tibet

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Thanas
Magister
Magister

John Oliver on Tibet

Post by Thanas »

Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Re: John Oliver on Tibet

Post by Flagg »

I despise what the Chinese are doing in Tibet, but this proves how goddamned stupid religion is.

Horse milk.

Really.

Still, the guy is a riot and has a sense of humor at least, though it would be nice if he told people not to set themselves on fire.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

The horse milk actually makes sense as an action for a religious leader to take. You know, don't be an alcoholic?

I'm not trying to advocate in favor of the Dalai Lama but in this decision seems a generally positive thing for him to do. Even if its probably far less effective than he makes it out to be.
Horse milk.

Really.
Why not? I mean, have you seen how disgusting milking a cow is? Both are smelly, hooved animals that eat grass. One has better temperament and the right level of stupidity to be ridden around. What is it that makes cow milk perfect for human consumption and horse milk not?
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Zixinus wrote:The horse milk actually makes sense as an action for a religious leader to take. You know, don't be an alcoholic?

I'm not trying to advocate in favor of the Dalai Lama but in this decision seems a generally positive thing for him to do. Even if its probably far less effective than he makes it out to be.
Horse milk.

Really.
Why not? I mean, have you seen how disgusting milking a cow is? Both are smelly, hooved animals that eat grass. One has better temperament and the right level of stupidity to be ridden around. What is it that makes cow milk perfect for human consumption and horse milk not?
I don't drink either for those exact reasons. I started drinking soy milk 12 years ago until after my gastric bypass because it gives me dumping syndrome. I find the idea of drinking fluids from animals to feed their young gross.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Oliver is always excellent, particularly because (as opposed to the usual sound bite approach of cable news), he will devote 20 minutes to examining a single topic, including topics that rarely get much mainstream press.

Its sad when comedians handle the news better than most TV journalists.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Something that occurred to me:

One thing I liked about the Oliver interview was that unlike John Stewart who would lob softballs at his guests only to savage them the next day, he brought uncomfortable shit up in person. I have deep respect for that even if it's just "comedy news".
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw