Germany is now Nazi and sponsoring terrorism

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Germany is now Nazi and sponsoring terrorism

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Extremists and tyrants of all stripes tend to have the same goals, or at least the same basic ends to those goals: hate, fear, demagoguery, oppression, and death.

They both want conflict, and will doubtless be more than happy to oblige one another.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

They can have vastly different goals, actually (even autocrats can have different goals, your caricature is not always appropriate), but the point of my comment was that the Turkish dumbasses who talk about jihad in Europe and European far right are actually helping each other very much. The first make the claims by the far right about jihadist threat from foreigners and refugees look more valid, while the latter contribute to an atmosphere of hostility and non-acceptance, where immigrants from Islamic countries are bound to form a poor and hated and despised underclass, thereby intensifying their support for autocratic islamists like Erdogan or even movements like ISIS.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Forget Germany and the Netherlands. The whole of europe are dirty nazi's

Europeans ‘would revive gas chambers if they weren't ashamed’ – Erdogan
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has once again compared Europe with the Nazis saying that they “would revive gas chambers” if they weren't ashamed. He also fired a personal broadside at Angela Merkel, accusing her of “Nazi practices.”
Europe’s “masquerade ball” is over, Erdogan said at yet another demonstration in Istanbul on Sunday, where he rallied support for a 'Yes' vote in Turkey's upcoming constitutional referendum.

Read more
Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan © Murat Cetinmuhurdar‘Without any hesitation’: Erdogan vows to reinstate death penalty
Saying the “struggle” against his country has reached a new level, Erdogan slammed European nations, particularly Germany and the Netherlands, for their “Nazi regulations” as they revealed “the hatred they have accumulated for years against our country, our nation or even against all Muslims on TV screens and newspaper headlines every day.”

Erdogan then dropped the hammer, “If they weren’t ashamed, they would revive the gas chambers,” he added as quoted by the Hurriyet Daily News.

The Turkish president then turned his sights on the German Chancellor Angela Merkel. "When we call them Nazis they [European politicians] get uncomfortable. They rally together in solidarity. Especially Merkel," Erdogan said as cited by AFP.

“Merkel. She backs [the Netherlands] too. You too are practicing Nazi practices. To whom? To my Turkish brothers and sisters in Germany,” the Turkish leader also said as quoted by the AP.

He used an informal form of “you” in Turkish.

Erdogan declared that the current policy of a number of European states is based on fear of Turkey’s power. “They [European states] do not have the urge to hide their intentions and cannot hide the discomfort they feel from Turkey, which is growing stronger," Erdogan said, as cited by Reuters.

Turkey summons German ambassador over Kurds’ rally
The comments come as the Turkish Foreign Ministry summoned the German ambassador to express Ankara's anger over a Kurdish rally held in Frankfurt on Saturday. The Turkish president’s spokesman Ibrahim Kalin also called Germany’s actions “a worst example of double standards.”

“The German ambassador was invited, summoned, to the Foreign Ministry and this [rally] was condemned in the strongest way,” he said as reported by Deutsche Welle.

Read more
People hold placards during a demonstration organised by Kurds, in Frankfurt, Germany, March 18, 2017. © Ralph OrlowskiThousands of Kurds protest Erdogan, Turkish referendum in Germany’s Frankfurt (PHOTOS, VIDEO)
The spokesperson added that the “scandalous” event in Frankfurt shows that European countries are in fact actively campaigning against Turkey's constitutional reform.

“It is unacceptable to see the symbols and slogans of the [outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party] PKK [at a rally in Frankfurt] while Turkish ministers and politicians are barred from meeting with their fellow citizens,” Kalin told in an interview to CNN Turk.

Around 30,000 Kurdish supporters took to the streets in Frankfurt on Saturday to denounce the Turkish president and the upcoming referendum which seeks to expand his presidential powers.

Scheduled for April 16, the plebiscite proposes amendments to the constitution that will make Erdogan the sole executive head of state, with the authority to choose his own cabinet ministers, enact laws, call elections, and declare states of emergency.

Turkish officials have been seeking meetings with Turks living in Europe ahead of the referendum hoping to get the support of the strong diaspora — in Germany alone, there are 1.5 million people with Turkish citizenship. But these plans did not go down well with the European authorities.

In early March, Turkey’s Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag pulled out of a scheduled visit to Germany, after a small town in German south-western region of Baden-Wurttemberg denied him the chance to address his countrymen.

The city of Cologne canceled a similar event, where Turkish economy minister Nihat Zeybekci was due to speak. Ankara also summoned the German ambassador at that time.

Pro-referendum rallies were also canceled in Austria and Switzerland, while the Netherlands barred a plane carrying Turkey's Foreign Minister from landing ahead of an event in Rotterdam. This provoked an angry reaction in Turkey, who accused the EU of “selective democracy and xenophobia.”
If I was a Turk I'd be ashamed to have a president that makes Trump looks reasonable in comparison.

Erdogan warns Europeans 'will not walk safely' if current attitude persists
Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday that Europeans across the world would not be able to walk safely on the streets if they kept up their current attitude.

Turkey has been embroiled in a row with Germany and the Netherlands over the barring of campaign appearances by Turkish officials seeking to drum up support for an April referendum on boosting Erdogan's powers.

"If Europe continues this way, no European in any part of the world can walk safely on the streets. We, as Turkey, call on Europe to respect human rights and democracy," Erdogan said at event for local journalists in Ankara.

(Reporting by Ece Toksabay and Tuvan Gumrukcu; Editing by Nick Tattersall)

The irony of a self declared islamist speaking of human rights and democracy :lol: :roll:
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

K. A. Pital wrote:They can have vastly different goals, actually (even autocrats can have different goals, your caricature is not always appropriate), but the point of my comment was that the Turkish dumbasses who talk about jihad in Europe and European far right are actually helping each other very much. The first make the claims by the far right about jihadist threat from foreigners and refugees look more valid, while the latter contribute to an atmosphere of hostility and non-acceptance, where immigrants from Islamic countries are bound to form a poor and hated and despised underclass, thereby intensifying their support for autocratic islamists like Erdogan or even movements like ISIS.
I phrased that badly, but my point is that whatever their ideological or strategic goals, they both tend to benefit from inciting conflict. These assholes on both sides fuel and play off of each other.

So I think we're more or less in agreement here.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

I wonder if things may have turned out differently if Turkey had successfully joined the EEC and later the EU?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

To a certain degree, the Turks trying to do so is why things turned out this way; the EEC/EU frowns on the Army overthrowing democratically-elected governments, and the Army was always the big proponent of secularism and modernity in Turkey and didn't tolerate anybody trying to mess with Ataturk's ideals. I've heard that from multiple people, anyway; not based on extensive research.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

The army were also the ones who caused a large part of this mess with nationalism and suppression of minorities, as well as making torture and police misbehaviour acceptable.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Oh, absolutely. It's almost as though dismantling the regional power structure after WWI and not replacing it with anything* was, in hindsight, a bad idea.

*Or, in Turkey, trying to replace the Ottomans with European, Greek, and (before the Revolution) Russian partition and rule.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

It is not as if the country did not have torture (but also nicely coupled with religious craziness and backwardness) way before Ataturk came around and before their peculiar authoritarian system was fully formed.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali