Trump Dump: Foreign Policy (Thread I)

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Re: Trump Dump: Foreign Policy (Thread I)

Post by Flagg »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
Patroklos wrote:A moderator? I have completely owned you on both substance and insult in this thread. You can't even compete on blowjob metaphors. I want no interferiance, though I suppose you will get a mercy intervention soon the way you are digging.

As to baiting you to respond embarrassingly, the results are self evident. As per usual you see the danger but like other small stupid mammals you can't help yourself. You have no powers here, Trumpian.

Hi there. Both your asses got reported for this one.

I don't really care about the substance of the argument here (though I will read it now), but this is just a friendly reminder to act like what you are. Fully functioning adults.

Flagg: Ignore Patroklos if you need to and address the argument made by the fully realized adults in the room like Simon (and I mean actually address it. His posts are long because he actually is trying to argue in favor of his position in a rational way. This is to be commended. He is one of the more reasonable people on SDN). He wants to get under your skin so he can get you in a frothing rage. Don't let him.
I'm in a rage but I'm not showing it because it gets me in trouble. I know Simon is a good guy who is knowledgeable, but most of what he's saying I already know. I'm bowing out because I'm not in the mental state to engage in this right now. I would point out that Patroklos' posts were vile, personally insulting in a deep way (as I have stated previously that I am a rape survivor and my father was a rapist which I've mentioned on several occasions and nothing will convince me he had no knowledge of it) and impact me very personally and if I'd made posts like that they would be HoS'd if not result in a warning or ban.

But I'm out, have fun talking about ABM, if you need a concession, consider this it.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

Jeez, this shit again...

Lets get some fact straights:

1.) You initiated the insults Flagg, starting with THIS in which you insulted not just me but also Simon BECAUSE we offered long factual posts refuting you. Granted, it was an embarrasingly inferior blow job metaphor but the important part is that it was a pure insult not at all related to the topic being discussed. My follow on directly referenced you buying Russian propaganda on the subject at hand.

2.) Nobody called you a rapist. I alluded to a specific Trump characteristics, namely holding water for Russian interests. Note, this is YOUR caricature of Trump, not mine. Also note this is the Trump foreign policy thread, so its entirely on topic to note this characteristic you share with him by your own metric. Any comparison to Trump does not mean someone is calling you a carbon copy facimile of Trump unless you want to accuse me of saying you have orange hair and wear overprices suits now. If sharing this similarity distresses you, I suggest you reevaluate your position. While you obviously seem to think wildly extrapolating will provide a safe refuge for you against criticism, I am confident anyone reading this will see straight through your game which is to avoid addressing the multiple content laden posts myself and others provided that you repeatedly ignored before descending into your usual spiral or insults. You torturing peoples words to squeeze out some disqualifying insult based on some esoteric knowledge of your personal life is not new. As if we are all supposed to have a cheat sheet of your life and tip toe around you while you fling shit left and right.

TLDR: You can dish it out but you can't take it.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Patroklos wrote:Jeez, this shit again...

Lets get some fact straights:

1.) You initiated the insults Flagg, starting with THIS in which you insulted not just me but also Simon BECAUSE we offered long factual posts refuting you. Granted, it was an embarrasingly inferior blow job metaphor but the important part is that it was a pure insult not at all related to the topic being discussed. My follow on directly referenced you buying Russian propaganda on the subject at hand.

2.) Nobody called you a rapist. I alluded to a specific Trump characteristics, namely holding water for Russian interests. Note, this is YOUR caricature of Trump, not mine. Also note this is the Trump foreign policy thread, so its entirely on topic to note this characteristic you share with him by your own metric. Any comparison to Trump does not mean someone is calling you a carbon copy facimile of Trump unless you want to accuse me of saying you have orange hair and wear overprices suits now. If sharing this similarity distresses you, I suggest you reevaluate your position. While you obviously seem to think wildly extrapolating will provide a safe refuge for you against criticism, I am confident anyone reading this will see straight through your game which is to avoid addressing the multiple content laden posts myself and others provided that you repeatedly ignored before descending into your usual spiral or insults. You torturing peoples words to squeeze out some disqualifying insult based on some esoteric knowledge of your personal life is not new. As if we are all supposed to have a cheat sheet of your life and tip toe around you while you fling shit left and right.

TLDR: You can dish it out but you can't take it.
Hi again. He bowed out. It is done. You will cease. Continue, and I start flushing your posts.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Uh... Flagg, by the way, if you want to actually talk about this stuff?

I don't mind if you just focus on one part of my big complicated multiple-explanations-of-many-things posts and talk about it. That would be fine. Or, if you feel like in all that talk, I am not addressing your points, just tell me why. That's fine too.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Simon_Jester wrote:Uh... Flagg, by the way, if you want to actually talk about this stuff?

I don't mind if you just focus on one part of my big complicated multiple-explanations-of-many-things posts and talk about it. That would be fine. Or, if you feel like in all that talk, I am not addressing your points, just tell me why. That's fine too.
No. I had never intended it to get into this huge complex debate, I just wanted to make my points on the human aspect and countries not friendly with the US seeing ABM as an offensive weapon and the likely fallout (for lack of a better word). It got mangled like a rat in a thresher. I'm done. Thanks though.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Well, it's just that the human aspect is something people have done a lot of talking and reasoning and thinking about; do you still feel like I haven't discussed the human aspect of the situation?
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Simon_Jester wrote:Well, it's just that the human aspect is something people have done a lot of talking and reasoning and thinking about; do you still feel like I haven't discussed the human aspect of the situation?
It doesn't matter. It's clear that any further participation in this discussion will be seized upon to try and bait me. Like I said, I'm done with it. I'm not going to get sucked into arguing with trolls whose sole purpose on this board is to stir shit (and that's not you).
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Well Trump won't pull the US out of NAFTA anymore.
http://www.latimes.com/politics/washing ... story.html

According to Secular Talk he was talked out of this by a foreign leader. Damn that Putin... Oh wait it was Justin Trudeau. :D

It seems the leaders of Canada, Russia and China can apparently convince Trump to give a bit in negotiations. Except our leader of course who just gets shouted down. :lol:
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Truly a failure then, he's broken so many election promises now. Repealing nafta was one of those few things I liked.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Dennis MX
Redshirt

Post by Dennis MX »

It's a fantastic idea, burning bridges is exactly what Trump is trying to do. Or that he simply doesn't care.
what you're gonna do when they come for you? :mrgreen:
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I don't think Trump was anti-NAFTA until he decided it would win him votes, so I'm totally unsurprised to see him cease to be anti-NAFTA when it no longer directly benefits him. It's gone from something that might win him the presidency, to something that will cost his own personal bank account $$$.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Anyone who believed President Pussygrabber about anything is an idiot. He's a pathological liar. The only time he tells the truth is when his lips aren't moving and his phone is in his pocket.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Well he still killed TPP, doesn't make up for all of the other crap but I'm glad Canada's out of it.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Tribble wrote:Well he still killed TPP, doesn't make up for all of the other crap but I'm glad Canada's out of it.
Easy to kill something that wasn't actually active yet.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Lonestar wrote:
Tribble wrote:Well he still killed TPP, doesn't make up for all of the other crap but I'm glad Canada's out of it.
Easy to kill something that wasn't actually active yet.
True, but that doesn't change the point. Our PM went from "We will carefully review the TPP and take our time" to "Where the hell is the pen, let's sign it already!" the moment he got into office. This says more about the failure of mainstream politicians to protect their electorate from an obviously terrible treaty than it does Trump's abilities; he just rode the bandwagon.
Last edited by Tribble on 2017-05-15 07:50pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Not sure if it is more foreign than domestic, so I'll just crosspost:

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 0#p4022930
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Thanas wrote:Not sure if it is more foreign than domestic, so I'll just crosspost:

viewtopic.php?p=4022930#p4022930
Ya I just read that. Willing to bet the Republicans don't care as it's pretty clear that they are perfectly happy working with the Russians; the two have a lot more in common with each other than they do the Democrats.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Tribble wrote:
Thanas wrote:Not sure if it is more foreign than domestic, so I'll just crosspost:

viewtopic.php?p=4022930#p4022930
Ya I just read that. Willing to bet the Republicans don't care as it's pretty clear that they are perfectly happy working with the Russians; the two have a lot more in common with each other than they do the Democrats.
Some Republicans won't care, or at least swallow any objections that they have, because they sold their souls long ago. Maybe most of the Republicans in Congress.

But their are some who will care. Probably mostly old guard ones who still hold anti-Russian and nationalist/patriotic views. Plus the fact that he compromised information in the fight against Daesh may get some of the rapid Islamophobe crowd against him, maybe.

Remember, we don't have to get all of them, or even most of them, to impeach. As I understand it, just a majority of the House and two thirds (or was it 60%) of the Senate (including Democrats). We've already got a few who seem to be against him on this (see McCain, Graham). We just have to swing a few more, which will likely happen if Trump becomes so hated that supporting him endangers their own reelection.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

John McCain is all bark and no bite. He'll whine about it, he'll say how inappropriate it is... But that's all he'll do. He's all words. He left his spine back in Vietnam, it seems.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

I'll actually be a devils advocate. Yes, this hurts, yes Jordan is likely pissed and won't pass on every bit of intel.

But the U.S. IC is the worlds biggest provider of intelligence. Every single western or western-sympathetic agency is reliant on information provided by the U.S. and they know it.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Perhaps, but I can't help but think that they're going to prioritize becoming less reliant on us if this goes on.

This isn't going to dissolve all of our alliances overnight, of course. But the more things like this happen, the more it will weaken our relationships with other countries.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Looking forward to digging up all the arguments advanced in 2016 for why lots of Patriotic American Voters (TM) think it's important that the president have a proven track record of being very careful and sensitive about handling classified information, and not recklessly leaving it around where people can get at it.

Although I have to admit my prediction was wrong. I predicted that Trump's first "classified intel revealed" scandal would take the form of the duty hooker in his New York penthouse(s) picking up a classified document and running it to the Russian embassy or $$$.

This turned out to be wrong for the following reasons:
1) Trump, being an enterprising Brilliant Businessman (TM), is the biggest, smartest... noun... ever, and cut out the middlewoman, giving the information directly to the Russian embassy in exchange for $$$ that the Russians already gave him.
2) The New York penthouse presumably contains no duty hookers; those would presumably be found at Mar-a-Lago.
3) The New York penthouse is occupied by the First Lady, who (sensibly) has made the decision that she cannot abide the sight of her husband in the White House. Would that all other Americans had followed her example...
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Napoleon the Clown wrote:John McCain is all bark and no bite. He'll whine about it, he'll say how inappropriate it is... But that's all he'll do. He's all words. He left his spine back in Vietnam, it seems.
His captors must have made a delicious noodle soup from it.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Napoleon the Clown wrote:John McCain is all bark and no bite. He'll whine about it, he'll say how inappropriate it is... But that's all he'll do. He's all words. He left his spine back in Vietnam, it seems.
Crashy McPlane never had a spine or he'd have stopped crashing jets in Vietnam when he realized he sucked as a pilot, but instead got his daddy the Admiral to let him keep flying. All the way to the Hanoi Hilton where I truly hope he enjoyed his stay.

And he clearly has learned nothing since he sucks as a Senator (and a judge of character coughPalincough) and every 6 years is forced into using racism against Latinos ("Build the darn wall! wackwackwackwack") to get reelected. Oh, and all of his no major accomplishments in the Senate where he regularly flies off the handle and mocks disabled members of the opposing party like when he mocked Ted Kennedy on the Senate floor shortly after Teddy came back after having a stroke.

Oh, and then there was the time one of his blue haired constituents called Obama "an Arab" and McCain, showing how brain damaged, racist, and all around fucking repugnant he is said something like "No ma'm, he's an American and a good man and we just disagree." Which, showing how racist and out of touch they are, was applauded by the campaign press who were following his loser ass and the Alaskan Grifter. Hell, even the "liberal" media outlets counted it as the one truly tolerant and great moment of his entire campaign. Because as we all know, Arabs can't be American, are horribly evil people, and if you disagree with them they set off all of the explosives that grow naturally in their vile bone marrow. :finger:

But that's when he's not making homophobic/transphobic "Jokes" at the expense of an innocent teenager and the Attorney General like when he said "Hey, you know why Chelsey Clinton is so ugly? Because she looks like her father, Janet Reno!"

I have a joke for McCain: "Hey, why is John McCain's adult daughter such a repugnant cunt? Because she takes after her father, John "Crashy, racist, homophobic, coward, and cruel fuckstick who insults teenaged girls" McCain.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

FireNexus wrote:
His captors must have made a delicious noodle soup from it.
We should team up some time to make cowardly fuckstick Vietnamese spinal cord noodle soup. I have one condition, though. I get to dress like Bane from TDKR and crack the spinal column.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw