Republicans shit on diplomacy with Iran and arguably break t

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Re: Republicans shit on diplomacy with Iran and arguably bre

Post by Flagg »

Thanas wrote:I don't want Iran to have the bomb either, simply for the reason that they are actively building weapons that actually reach the western world. I hope that doesn't make me a dimwitted fuckface.

I also would prefer if Israel not have any because then it would be forced to actually treat the people it currently controls much better lest it give others even more propaganda ammo. Though I guess the argument can be made that nukes guarantee their very existence right now.
I would never call you a dimwitted fuckface, pookie. At most, maybe a deutschbag (and I'm sure you've never heart THAT one before. :roll: ) :P
But uhh, I live probably less than 10 miles as the crow flies from the current home port of the USS Nimitz, and about 50 miles from Bremerton, WA where they park lots of nuclear submarines. So I live in an area high on probably every target list on the west coast of every country with nuclear weapons and the ability to get them here. IIRC North Korea can sling a missile as far as Alaska (and Sarah Palin can see it from her house! Sorry, but I couldn't pass on that), and even though they are pitifully unreliable and not anywhere near able to carry a payload the size I'd guess NK's unreliable nuclear weapons are. My thinking, which I admit could be back assward as far as North Koreas specific capabilities, is that they will probably be able to vaporize me before the less scarily nutso Iran, which has yet to even assemble a weapon (not that there's any evidence they are even trying to at this point, but that's not really germane to the discussion, I just wanted to remind people of that as it isn't being pointed out enough) can vaporize you.

So I guess I win the who is under greater threat of nuclear destruction by lunatics (as if the people running either of those countries really has a death wish) pissing contest!

I mean at the end of the day in my perfect world, there are no nuclear weapons and countries don't engage in aggressive wars with weaker nations for their resources, so there would be no reason for anyone, let alone Iran, have a nuke. But unfortunately at some time in the future there may be a POTUS and Congress that both happen to be controlled by the Republican party before Iran ever draws up the blueprints for a device, so I just go with what I think the best solution is for the world we actually live in.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
darth_timon
Padawan Learner

Post by darth_timon »

It never ceases to amaze me what Republicans are prepared to do to manipulate and undermine Obama. Playing partisan politics with international negotiations is surely a new low.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

darth_timon wrote:It never ceases to amaze me what Republicans are prepared to do to manipulate and undermine Obama. Playing partisan politics with international negotiations is surely a new low.
I'm guessing they do it because he's... Hawaiian?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Tribble wrote:
darth_timon wrote:It never ceases to amaze me what Republicans are prepared to do to manipulate and undermine Obama. Playing partisan politics with international negotiations is surely a new low.
I'm guessing they do it because he's... Hawaiian?
Well obviously they hate Kenyans.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

He's black, James.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Wow, jeez, good thing Senator Cotton is keeping up with these things, I never would have guessed!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Oh wait, this is Tom "gitmo inmates can rot in hell" Cotton. Why would anybody expect anything from that idiot? He is the very definition of a racist ideologue.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs