Bush $75 billion request

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

von Neufeld wrote:Bush seeks $75 billion in war funds

http://www.msnbc.com/news/884208_asp.htm?0cv=CB10

This is not good news for anyone.
How is it not good news? It's war funds that he's asked for from day one. Hardly breaking news or anything.
von Neufeld
Padawan Learner

Post by von Neufeld »

Stormbringer wrote:
von Neufeld wrote:Bush seeks $75 billion in war funds

http://www.msnbc.com/news/884208_asp.htm?0cv=CB10

This is not good news for anyone.
How is it not good news? It's war funds that he's asked for from day one. Hardly breaking news or anything.
From US point of view it hits the economy hard and gives the public wrong signals. We are talking of 3% of all federal spendings.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

I'm not trying to tell the Mods how to do their job here. I am only reminding everyone. People please, keep any debates out of this thread. It is for BREAKING NEWS ONLY. This is how I'm keeping up with what is going on. If I have to scroll through countless debates before finding a scrap of news, it's annoying as fuck. So please...
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Split. Again. :)
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

von Neufeld wrote:From US point of view it hits the economy hard and gives the public wrong signals. We are talking of 3% of all federal spendings.
It's money we need to fight the war and it's been something Bush has asked for from day one. I don't think it'll hit the economy much. And if people get the wrong signal then they're just idiots for thinking war is free.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Vympel wrote:Split. Again. :)
Thanks Vympel. :)
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Well, the economy already is taking some bad hits.
After the initial high, the stock markets went down, the oil price went up again, the tourist industry is hitting a new low, and of course, the airlines will come not unscathed out of it.
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.