Congratulations, Mr. President!

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

Dahak wrote: All in all, europeanize it :D
I shall fight to the death if someone orders me to put mayonaisse on my patroit fries!!!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

LOL.

That's the best thing I've heard all day.

Thanks, NOK. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Spanky The Dolphin on 2003-03-24 05:06pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Next of Kin wrote:
Dahak wrote: All in all, europeanize it :D
I shall fight to the death if someone orders me to put mayonaisse on my patroit fries!!!
There are people who would do exactly that here in Yurop. But don't tell anyone :D
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

1. Do away with income tax.
2. Separate the fuck out of church and state.
3. End any and all funding to religious programs, except for hospitals.
4. Begin taxing churches.
5. Outlaw any religious display on government property.
6. Stop Congress from opening each session with a prayer.
7. Change the pledge back to the way it was.
8. Ban campaign financing from corporations and religious groups, as well as other campaign finance reforms.
9. Reduce the drinking age to 18 nationally.
10. Legalize marijuana.
11. Institute welfare and unemployment reform. If you are a drug addict, you are not eligible for government assistance.
12. Repeal the federal income tax. Replace it with a federal retail sales tax.

And other stuff too.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Dahak wrote:Cut military spending by a LOT.
Install a social welfare system worth its name.
Ban guns.

All in all, europeanize it :D
Right. Where's the rest of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy now? You've come up with an assassination-worthy worthy program. One of them has got to have a better sniper rifle than I do.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

RedImperator wrote:
Dahak wrote:Cut military spending by a LOT.
Install a social welfare system worth its name.
Ban guns.

All in all, europeanize it :D
Right. Where's the rest of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy now? You've come up with an assassination-worthy worthy program. One of them has got to have a better sniper rifle than I do.
It bodes well that there a lot of Europeans that disapprove of this country. Something would definitely be wrong if they didn't.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Clone Sergeant
Padawan Learner

Post by Clone Sergeant »

3.)Affirmitive Action stays legal. Deal with it. The damage done to such a large group of people for a dozen decades can't be undone by simply standing around doing nothing...Try and tell someone from the inner city that he has an equal opportunity to get into college while maintaining a straight face...I dare you...
Thank you Strafe for the sensible answer.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Strafe wrote:3.)Affirmitive Action stays legal. Deal with it. The damage done to such a large group of people for a dozen decades can't be undone by simply standing around doing nothing...Try and tell someone from the inner city that he has an equal opportunity to get into college while maintaining a straight face...I dare you...
So, in other words, don't do anything to actually IMPROVE conditions in the inner cities, like ending drug prohibition which has made their neighborhoods war zones, or improving the atrocious urban education system so the majority of them actually know how to read and write and do math, working through the communities to reduce out-of-wedlock births which trap young women and their children in the ghetto, and working on all levels to integrate minorites into the mainstream so African American teenagers don't think working hard and succeding in school makes them Uncle Toms. Instead, we'll just dumb down admissions requirements and set hiring quotas based on factors completely irrevelant to job performance and illegal if used to favor white males, i.e., melanin content and ethnic background. That will make everything better.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Strafe
Youngling

Post by Strafe »

RedImperator wrote:
Strafe wrote:3.)Affirmitive Action stays legal. Deal with it. The damage done to such a large group of people for a dozen decades can't be undone by simply standing around doing nothing...Try and tell someone from the inner city that he has an equal opportunity to get into college while maintaining a straight face...I dare you...
So, in other words, don't do anything to actually IMPROVE conditions in the inner cities, like ending drug prohibition which has made their neighborhoods war zones, or improving the atrocious urban education system so the majority of them actually know how to read and write and do math, working through the communities to reduce out-of-wedlock births which trap young women and their children in the ghetto, and working on all levels to integrate minorites into the mainstream so African American teenagers don't think working hard and succeding in school makes them Uncle Toms. Instead, we'll just dumb down admissions requirements and set hiring quotas based on factors completely irrevelant to job performance and illegal if used to favor white males, i.e., melanin content and ethnic background. That will make everything better.
I never advocated not doing what you said. I do remember specifically saying that we not sit around and do nothing. Affirmitive action doesn't mean quotas. It means giving opportunities to those that would otherwise never see such things. Part of that includes things like drugs, education, housing etc etc. Like it or not a large group of people are, figuratively speaking, starting the 100yd dash 5 seconds after everyone else started running. That's an injustice that should be remedied. It isn't reverse racism to give aid to minority students to get them into school...
Plato's Beard. Dulling Occam's razor since...um...a long time ago.
von Neufeld
Padawan Learner

Post by von Neufeld »

If I would become US leader:
1. Draft all the fundies in the whole damned bible belt, send them off to the Middle East and hope they come home in body bags only.
2. Crack down on the big corps and organizations that pulls the strings in American politics. (MPAA, RIAA, Microsoft, etc.)
3. Apoint someone capable of balancing a budget as Sec. Treasury.
4. Do something to raise the intelligence in the nation. (Maybe item 1. helps?)
5. Clear up the tax laws.

If I would become UK leader:
1. Speed up the integration process.
2. Take over railways.
3. Start campaigning for my election as supreme chancellor of Europe.
4. Get rid of the concept of state church.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Okay, let's see.
1. Cut Taxes
2. Pass a Constitutional Amendment that bans the practice of pasting riders to a Bill that are completely unrelated and punishes any violators with immediate expulsion from Congress. If you wanna put a homophobic Anti-Sodomy Law out, MAKE YOUR OWN FUCKING BILL! Don't try to sneak it into my Marijuana Legalization Bill. Speaking of...
3. Legalize Marijuana
4. Destroy the Megacorporations' deathgrip on government. (Prepare to Die, Microsoft!)
5. Repeal the DMCA and make it absolutely impossible for something like the TCPA to function.
6. End Affirmative Action
7. Make Basic Gun Safety and Handling a required High-School course (Educate people to respect guns and they won't be as likely to toy around with them)
8. End Welfare
9. Pass Paperwork-Reduction Laws. It'll cut down on the incredibly wasteful bureaucracy, and help the environment too.
10. Build an Overwhelmingly Powerful Military with the best equipment possible.
11. Extension of Military Buildup: Research Advanced Energy Weapons
12. Start a Space Program with the stated goal of producing affordable FTL within the century and colonizing every rock in the Solar System bigger than a mile (Project Manifest Destiny)
Image Image
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

- Conquer the entire Americas, bring up to US level of economy

- Establish full fledged military outposts at all relevant places in the world

- Cut religious funding, start taxing churches, but tax them all the same

- Increase Education funding

- Make myself "dictator for life"

- Replace the White House with a giant fortress, with a huge throne room

Worked for Caesar and Palpatine
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin