PPP's Conspiracy poll always good for some laughs

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

SystemError
Redshirt

PPP's Conspiracy poll always good for some laughs

Post by SystemError »

How many people share your belief in extra-dimensional reptillians? Click here to find out.
Conspiracy Theory Poll Results

On our national poll this week we took the opportunity to poll 20 widespread and/or infamous conspiracy theories. Many of these theories are well known to the public, others perhaps to just the darker corners of the internet. Here’s what we found:

- 37% of voters believe global warming is a hoax, 51% do not. Republicans say global warming is a hoax by a 58-25 margin, Democrats disagree 11-77, and Independents are more split at 41-51. 61% of Romney voters believe global warming is a hoax

- 6% of voters believe Osama bin Laden is still alive

- 21% of voters say a UFO crashed in Roswell, NM in 1947 and the US government covered it up. More Romney voters (27%) than Obama voters (16%) believe in a UFO coverup

- 28% of voters believe secretive power elite with a globalist agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through an authoritarian world government, or New World Order. A plurality of Romney voters (38%) believe in the New World Order compared to 35% who don’t

- 28% of voters believe Saddam Hussein was involved in the 9/11 attacks. 36% of Romney voters believe Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11, 41% do not

- 20% of voters believe there is a link between childhood vaccines and autism, 51% do not

- 7% of voters think the moon landing was faked

- 13% of voters think Barack Obama is the anti-Christ, including 22% of Romney voters

- Voters are split 44%-45% on whether Bush intentionally misled about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. 72% of Democrats think Bush lied about WMDs, Independents agree 48-45, just 13% of Republicans think so

- 29% of voters believe aliens exist

- 14% of voters say the CIA was instrumental in creating the crack cocaine epidemic in America’s inner cities in the 1980’s

- 9% of voters think the government adds fluoride to our water supply for sinister reasons (not just dental health)

- 4% of voters say they believe “lizard people” control our societies by gaining political power

- 51% of voters say a larger conspiracy was at work in the JFK assassination, just 25% say Oswald acted alone

- 14% of voters believe in Bigfoot

- 15% of voters say the governemnt or the media adds mind-controlling technology to TV broadcast signals (the so-called Tinfoil Hat crowd)

- 5% believe exhaust seen in the sky behind airplanes is actually chemicals sprayed by the government for sinister reasons

- 15% of voters think the medical industry and the pharmaceutical industry “invent” new diseases to make money

- Just 5% of voters believe that Paul McCartney actually died in 1966

- 11% of voters believe the US government allowed 9/11 to happen, 78% do not agree
"Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long. And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again."
- Stephen King, The Stand

"Ozone Man, Ozone. He's crazy, way out, far out, man." — George H.W. Bush, speaking about Al Gore during the 1992 presidential campaign
ChaserGrey
Jedi Knight

Re: PPP's Conspiracy poll always good for some laughs

Post by ChaserGrey »

Looking through the report, I am vastly entertained by the 5% of Obama voters who think he's the Anti-Christ. "I mean, sure, he is the Beast and all, but what am I going to do, vote for a Republican?"
Lt. Brown, Mr. Grey, and Comrade Syeriy on Let's Play BARIS
Dr. Trainwreck
Jedi Knight

Post by Dr. Trainwreck »

Fuck you all, people. I believe that I'm a brain in a jar fed stimuli by a mad scientist. Say what? I get to sit with the extradimensional beamers and death rays and mummified cow tongues, and you get to do what?

Madness, I tell you! Madness!
Ποταμοῖσι τοῖσιν αὐτοῖσιν ἐμϐαίνουσιν, ἕτερα καὶ ἕτερα ὕδατα ἐπιρρεῖ. Δὶς ἐς τὸν αὐτὸν ποταμὸν οὐκ ἂν ἐμβαίης.

The seller was a Filipino called Dr. Wilson Lim, a self-declared friend of the M.I.L.F. -Grumman
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

ChaserGrey wrote:Looking through the report, I am vastly entertained by the 5% of Obama voters who think he's the Anti-Christ. "I mean, sure, he is the Beast and all, but what am I going to do, vote for a Republican?"
I'm sure 5% is the number of people who were trolling; as in, for all the crazy answers subtract 5-10% because some people would give a false answer just to screw with people.
ChaserGrey
Jedi Knight

Post by ChaserGrey »

Dominus Atheos wrote:I'm sure 5% is the number of people who were trolling; as in, for all the crazy answers subtract 5-10% because some people would give a false answer just to screw with people.
That's a completely valid point, and makes the results about a thousand percent less funny. Awww...
Lt. Brown, Mr. Grey, and Comrade Syeriy on Let's Play BARIS