Casualties of War: US kills refugees

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Sigh, when does S.B. get a VI title?
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Stas Bush wrote:Montcalm
Of course. :twisted: But it was found to be more truthful than the "great" CNN. If you like independent mass-media: come to Russia. Here are 2 gov-independent channels with reporters in Baghdad. Or any European country which has it's own independent news. ;)
INDEPENDANT MASS MEDIA?! :shock: What are you, a branwashed moron?! :shock: You do, of course, realize, that since Putin kicked out the oligarchs, every media outlet in Russia is controlled by the government. :roll:

And we all know the stance of the Russian government on the Iraqi war. :roll:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Nathan F wrote:Sigh, when does S.B. get a VI title?
Preferably, right now. He doesn't even know the political situation Russia, let alone the world. :roll:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Oy, what would we do without the level headed Russkie (fgalkin, that is) to tell it like it is...

благодарность
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Nathan F wrote:Oy, what would we do without the level headed Russkie (fgalkin, that is) to tell it like it is...

благодарность
Always glad to help.

But amazes me is the marvelous quality of Putin's propaganda machine. I mean, this moron actually cites ORT as an independant and non-biased source. :roll: And, despite of all the things that bastard has done, the vast majority of the people support him. :shock:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

http://www.1tv.ru/owa/win/ort6_main.mai ... azdel_id=9

Do I detect a bias there? :roll:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
generator_g1
Jedi Master

Post by generator_g1 »

There's a joke running around here that the coalition forces would have to be renamed collision forces...
My FLICKR page! :D
Remember, people, commas are your friends. Love them, embrace them, cherish them, and for crying out loud, USE them.
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

fgalkin wrote:http://www.1tv.ru/owa/win/ort6_main.mai ... azdel_id=9

Do I detect a bias there? :roll:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
For those who don't read Cyrillic :D :
During the bombardment of the city of Basra in the south of Iraq were lost 50 people, among them one Russian citizen. This information is not confirmed yet from official sources, and we shall check it still. In Bagdad cite the data on number of victims during night (авианалета?) on city. Today the capital of Iraq has undergone the most powerful bombardment from the beginning of war. The first (раненые?) began to act in hospitals even at night, to morning their number has sharply increased. On the official data, in the list of victims - 207
A couple words I couldn't translate, and one sentence that didn't make sense (possibly because I don't know what авианалета means). Am I missing some connotation, fgalkin? I don't read much of a bias in it (except for the "not confirmed yet" part...if it's not confirmed, it shouldn't really be reported, IMHO...).
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

авианалет means air raid. Раненые means "wounded"

This, however, is biased bs:
Отец раненого ребенка: "Мой ребенок ранен. Он попал под обстрел. В чем он виноват? Мы отомстим за пролитую кровь"
"We will take revenge for the spilled blood". :roll:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

This is war. Civilian casualties are a given. No matter how advanced and well-trained the military is, there will always be mistakes resulting in unnecessary deaths.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Darth Yoshi wrote:This is war. Civilian casualties are a given. No matter how advanced and well-trained the military is, there will always be mistakes resulting in unnecessary deaths.
Exactly. And considering the huge amounts of ordnance that have been fired into baghdad, the low number of civilian casualties, while not good, is quite amazing.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Re: Casualties of War: US kills refugees

Post by Master of Ossus »

Stas Bush wrote:US was hoped to be merciful to refugees. Instead, they killed refugees by firing a missile in their bus.
Casualties of war, what can I say?
Unfortunately, things like this happen during war. There's really no way around it. I hardly see that this is an example of the US not being "merciful to refugees" as you claim. It was a regrettable accident, but hardly an unexpected or inexplicable one.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Stas Bush wrote:MkSheppard
Maybe because they love their country and hoped till the last moment everything would end peacefully.
These people are from SYRIA. They were SYRIAN refugees. "Their country" is Syria, and NOT Iraq.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Master of Ossus
From Syria? Oh, then even worse.
Of course there are casualties. That's exactly why the war should not have been started.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

fgalkin
Where do you live, I wonder? Have you ever watched TV6?
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Stas Bush wrote:Master of Ossus
Of course there are casualties. That's exactly why the war should not have been started.
Just, just, just shut up...

What the hell do you expect? While casualties are never good, they have been extreemly low, and it could be alot worse.

Could SOMEONE shut this fricken troll down?
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Nathan F wrote: Just, just, just shut up...

What the hell do you expect? While casualties are never good, they have been extreemly low, and it could be alot worse.

Could SOMEONE shut this fricken troll down?
Dude, just because he has a position that you don't like doesn't mean he's automatically a TROLL. Don't toss the word about so casually, it'll lose all meaning- he's not a troll, he's just ... unpopular :)

That said- this thread would've been dealt with quicker before things got out of hand if the current Politics mods had their Sith powers at the time i appeared. It will now be locked, purely because it belongs in breaking news, and I don't think anything more needs to be said.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/