Saddam's "Historic Speech"

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Saddam's "Historic Speech"

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Any minute now, Saddam will be on television. The media is making a large deal about what he might say or reveal about the POWs.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Saddam's "Historic Speech"

Post by Enlightenment »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Any minute now, Saddam will be on television. The media is making a large deal about what he might say or reveal about the POWs.
Just as long as whatever he has to say isn't capped off with a nuclear detonation or CB release...
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

More than likely this isn't even a live broadcast. there is a white curtain background and he is seated behind a fairly ramshackled looking desk. It could be he is dressed up just enough and is currently in a hospital.

EDIT: "God Has Ordered We Cut Our enemies Throats" this from a man who just said he would treat POWs humanely. Most of this fools speech is the same anti-US/UK rhetoric he has been spewing out for years.

What are the chances that this guy is a double? He looks a bit different from the guy we saw in the earlier days of the war. He's younger looking a bit and is note wearing the thick glasses.
Last edited by Darth Fanboy on 2003-03-24 03:02am, edited 1 time in total.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Well, he looks completely different than he did in the last announcement, so I guess it's safe to say that either he got a facelift since then or the person doing the first one was one of his many doubles.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

damn Crazy, great minds think alike.

SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Anybody got a link?
The Great and Malignant
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Sounds like he blows a lot of smoke. Not much you can do though I guess if there are tons of explosives aimed at you.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

SPOOFE wrote:Anybody got a link?
CNN right now

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Sokar
Jedi Master

Post by Sokar »

It may actually be Saddam this time, the aged glasses wearing double from earlier may have just been a rushed job. The real Saddam should look a bit leaner than many of his doubles, who all look chunky due to the heavy body armor they wear in public
BotM
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Actually that would be vice versa. Saddam has a narcissitic self image, he would pick doubles that reflected this and not doubles that looked worse than he actually does.

i don't think it was him.

desertjedi
Padawan Learner

Post by desertjedi »

What the hell was that? He was prarallying his troops and people and that was it. There was nothing"Historic" about the speech at all. I am curious if that was a live feed... And I know everyone already commented on the differences between Saddam on Tuesday and today. I admit I was really worried when the announcers were stating this was a "historic" speech. I was waiting for him to announce Iraq aquirement of a nuke or some thing.
It startled him even more when just after he was awarded the Galactic Institute's Prize for Extreme Cleverness he got lynched by a rampaging mob of respectable physicists who had finally realized that the one thing they really couldn't stand was a smart ass. - The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

those camera swiches were awfully shitty. it looks as if a bunch of retarded film students were trying to give the taped broadcast a little more of a "live" feeling.

"Historic" because its the last time anyone ever saw that bastard alive. Hes dead shit soon.

Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Darth Fanboy wrote:"Historic" because its the last time anyone ever saw that bastard alive. Hes dead shit soon.
Yeah. Just like bin Laden....
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

desertjedi wrote:What the hell was that? He was prarallying his troops and people and that was it. There was nothing"Historic" about the speech at all. I am curious if that was a live feed... And I know everyone already commented on the differences between Saddam on Tuesday and today. I admit I was really worried when the announcers were stating this was a "historic" speech. I was waiting for him to announce Iraq aquirement of a nuke or some thing.
It was historic. It was the speech that celebrated the historic defenders of the Great Iraq and urged the people on to victory. Allahu Ackbar! God Bless Palestine! God Bless Iraq! God Bless Iraq! (Repeat about twenty times.)
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Enlightenment wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:"Historic" because its the last time anyone ever saw that bastard alive. Hes dead shit soon.
Yeah. Just like bin Laden....
difference is Bin Laden has been operating on the run for some time now. Saddam is the head of Iraq, once he leaves he loses his power and authority and he does not want to lose that. As long as he remains in Iraq he is the ruler, the person in control of all things.

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

HOLY FUCK!

I read that Saddam praised the General in charge of
the 51st Division, the one that just surrendered!

More proof this was canned!
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

MKSheppard wrote:I read that Saddam praised the General in charge of
the 51st Division, the one that just surrendered!
Ahem. Keep a closer eye on the news, Shep.

The Iraqi 51st did not surrender -- they're the ones who have been fighting back around Basra. A low-level officer of the 51st surrendered and claimed to be the division commander in the hopes of getting better treatment from the Americans but the entire division did not surrender.

The Americans are only holding 2,000-3,000 Iraqi prisoners; the 51st was reportedly 5,000 strong; the numbers do not add up.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

American and British forces let a large number of prisoners go after destroying there weapons however.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

I for one am a bit troubled by the latest speech. Fox analysts were TRYING REAL HARD to try and make it look like this may have been taped. But I'm not so certain. I admit that the recent actions of the Iraqi military shows alot of disorganization that MAY prove that Sadaam is either injured or dead....BUT we also bombed the hell out of the Command and Control systems so maybe he just can't communicate with his troops.

Either way the speech was just a raa raa cheerleader speech with no substance and the typical dragging the Palestinians into this conflict. I wonder if the Palestinians realize just how much they are being used by other Arab powers as symbols and rallying cries but no one actually wants them or probably cares. Its sad.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Bah, if Iraq gave two shits about the Palestinians they would have allowed them to immigrate there in 1948...but I'd rather not go there.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

Ah, it's just posturing, ignore it...
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
EmperorChrostas the Cruel
Rabid Monkey

Post by EmperorChrostas the Cruel »

More on this speach.

Foxx, CNN, and ABC are all saying this tape has 64 edits. Jump cuts, is what they are calling them.

I don't think this tape was made within the last 48 hours.
Hmmmmmm.

"It is happening now, It has happened before, It will surely happen again."
Oldest member of SD.net, not most mature.
Brotherhood of the Monkey