Micheal Moore: Oscar Rant

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

theski
Sith Marauder

Micheal Moore: Oscar Rant

Post by theski »

Fat boy Moore went on an Anti-bush anti-war rant untill they cut him off,, He got more boos than cheers.
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Not to mention that jibe by Steve Martin about his weight.

Of course Moore will consider this censorship or something. :roll:

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I heard the speech, but not the boos, as I was watching new on the War on another TV. When the next guy came on the deliver the next award, I think he was supposed to say "His opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Motion Picture Association of America. We apologize".

And I didn't hear what Steve Martin said about his weight. What did he say?
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

I've made a thread about it, too.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

These fucking celebrities are out giving each other self congratulatory handjobs and this sloppy bastard goes on his little rant. Hey...fucknut, there are young men and women fighting and dying otu there tonight so STFU!!!
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Durran Korr wrote:Of course Moore will consider this censorship or something. :roll:
Which goes to show that he has a brain. It is censorship. No one wants to hear his fat pinko ass ranting about Bush till he's foaming at the mouth.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Stormbringer wrote:
Durran Korr wrote:Of course Moore will consider this censorship or something. :roll:
Which goes to show that he has a brain. It is censorship. No one wants to hear his fat pinko ass ranting about Bush till he's foaming at the mouth.
He is free to join Ted Rall in the rabid anti-Bushists corner. :roll:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Stravo wrote:These fucking celebrities are out giving each other self congratulatory handjobs and this sloppy bastard goes on his little rant. Hey...fucknut, there are young men and women fighting and dying otu there tonight so STFU!!!
"It's a wonderful scene outside, the Teamsters are helping Michael Moore into the trunk of his limo outside."

Something like that.

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

I heard him on the news he said he hoped they do not give him an award because he`ll start his anti-war speech,but deep down i`m sure he wanted to win. :evil:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

So much for the Oscars producers hopes to avoid any political agendas. Common sense would tell them at least one moron would do it.

Though I never watch them anyway. Waste of time when I can just find a list of the winners at the end.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

You know, prior to tonight, I jsut thought Steve Martin was one of the greatest comedians ever. Now I know I love him.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Durran Korr wrote:Not to mention that jibe by Steve Martin about his weight.

No, he will say it’s an illegal violation of his first amendment rights. Because of course freedom of speech equals a right for you to speak to whoever you want however you want. :roll:
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Sea Skimmer wrote:

No, he will say it’s an illegal violation of his first amendment rights. Because of course freedom of speech equals a right for you to speak to whoever you want however you want. :roll:
He should have listened to the academy when they said no politicsbut no the twit had to open his yapper :twisted:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Montcalm wrote:He should have listened to the academy when they said no politicsbut no the twit had to open his yapper :twisted:
Of course. The stupid fuck believes that he's some sort of revolutionary think and everyone has to hear his words. Stupid asshole.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

He thrives on this shit, he will use this as proof of how opposing viewpoints are silenced during war or something like that.

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

And I wanted him to win. :roll: What a moron I was.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I think it was the misinformed "fictous world" part of his tirade that made it worthy of cutting off. The rest of it was no different from any other actor trying to shove their opinion down everyone else's throats.

And I wanted him to win. What a moron I was.
Well, when a documentary on kids at a spelling bee is among your competition, you're pretty much guaranteed competition.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

He should come live here in Quebec its full of celebrities who think they know more than everyone else in society.
they think its a god given right to spit on America calling all Americans imperialists,even if i`m French Canadian........oops i mean Freedom Canadian i hate these franco nazis. :twisted:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Sea Skimmer wrote:

Did he get shot & killed? Nope
Was he dragged from the stage, beaten severely and tossed in a jail to rot? Nope
Did they cut the mike and tell him to fuck off and die? Nope

So all that happened was he got booed, rights violation my ass. If he says it is he can go fuck himself if he can find a place to do it in all that blubber.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

At when I read that I didn'r recognize the name, then it came to me as I went now the posts. Man, I loved bowling for columbine.

"nooooooooo" I thought " I mean, come on, it, it can't be no way."
*pulls up oscars.com to look at the winners list"
"Ah shit."
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Strafe
Youngling

Post by Strafe »

This is going to invite oh soooo much flaming directed at me, but eh, it's the internet. Not a big deal.

Personally I think Moore is an amazing individual and I totally approve of his speech.

Now before you all get angry let me remind you.

Being anti-war DOES NOT mean you are the following.

1)Hippie
2)Self-Loather
3)Anti-American
4)Anti-Military
5)Coward
6)Pacifist
7)Democrat
8)Clinton lover
9)Appeaser
10)Saddam apologist
11)Pro-Terrorist
12)Left wing wacko

I totally support our troops in the Gulf. I may not like that they are there, but goodness I hope they kick Saddam's ass so hard that even Kim Jong Il will know better than to start crap.

That being said I think Bush is a retarded monkey with less brain cells than your average fundie.[/Tangent]
Plato's Beard. Dulling Occam's razor since...um...a long time ago.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

I thought what Adrien Brody just did was very tasteful. Definitely a refresher.

Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

First off, I tried to post in the other thread, it got locked quicker than I could hit the button. Heh.

Here's the first part. His fat ass was on some pre ceremony show and he was spoutin off from the mouth about anti war shit. It's one thing to have the right to an opinion and to speech, it's another to be stupid.

He may cry censorship, but no one will listen. They'll tell him he got what he deserved and they're right. Freedom of Speech/Press would allow him to walk on the streets, or print up fliers, or to get on a television he funds and talk. However, going on someone else's program and spewing bullshit they don't believe in, is to me at least, not protected. That is something entirely different. Remember, this is privately owned, not government.

The Adrian fellow though, he seemed well sound in his speech, and recieved not only a cease to the symphony, but rounds of applause.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Durran Korr wrote:I thought what Adrien Brody just did was very tasteful. Definitely a refresher.
Daniel Day-Lewis deserved to win.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Strafe
Youngling

Post by Strafe »

Has Moore even mentioned that he was censored? If not then why all the Strawmen fallacies? He hasn't said it so don't attack him for it...
Plato's Beard. Dulling Occam's razor since...um...a long time ago.