A Jumble of politics

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Cal Wright
American Warlord

A Jumble of politics

Post by Cal Wright »

This is prolly going to degenerate into nothing but mindless rambling, but feel free to join in.

First off, the news media mogul that is MTV News (lol) was showing reports about anti war protests. In America, as I'm sure everyone is well aware, there is a freedom of assemblage. The right to protest in an orderly fashion the current government. That's fine and dandy. If you don't support the war, that's fine too. However, get your facts straight. While it seems that some of the ones that were interviewed, might have been feral about thier protest, they seemed to have a good idea of what's up. A good reason to be out there. One asshat though, about sent me through the damn roof. This is exactly what you DON'T say.

'The people didn't want this war. They went against the WILL of the people.'

Wait a second. Against the will of which people? Me? For reasons I will try and untangle later, I'm all for this war. if I wasn't an out of shape lazy ass, I'd prolly be in the millitary gunning down resistance groups over there. (yeah right, likely story.). Either way, according to, well, on CNN, and actually by MTV themselves, the current percentage of Americans for the war is 75%-83% approval. Will of which people again? Like I said, they have a right, to protest, not stupity.

Second is Turkey. Okay, I must admit, I haven't kept up with them too much. I do know this, they didn't want us stagin air attacks from thier land, nor do they allow us to use thier air space. That's fine, it's because they do not want any part of the war. Cool, no problem. Due to national interest, they wanted to distance themselves. Withdrawing funds might not have been the most kocher stunt pulled, but then again, if you benefit from us, you work with us, not against us. Unless it is just a clear cut tyrannistic move. Okay, no problem, it's thier decision not ours. However, what is that in the news? Now that we're kicking the crap out of Hussein and his bastard regime, who is that trying to invade? Fuck off Turkey. That's just wrong. Fine that's it, you want Iraq, you want to swindle your ass' under our noses while we're fighting? We've got munitions enough for you guys too. My tax dollars well spent. Heh. Ain't I an asshole?

Last time I checked, this whole invasion/war/blitzkreig/shock & awe thing was bullshit? Wasn't it all for the oil? Wait a damn second, how come everyone around us was pissing and moaning, yet the Iraqi civilians and soldiers are applauding our boys and girls doing the greatest duty for thier country? Holy crap.

Alright, everyone jump in. Voice your opinions, or as moderately as you can, flame away. Think of this as the venting thread for the political forum. There ya go.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

A "venting" thread for this forum had damn well better have fire extinguishers nearby.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

You have a point. However here is something i believe many people will agree on.

CNN. Who the fuck is that old guy that reports. Holy crap, his sentences consist mainly of 'uhm, hmm, uhm the war, hmm uuuugh, is going on, uhm now and uhm, in the uh middle east. where uhm, fighting has hmm occured.'

I can't stand the guy. He's not even close to creative nor intelligent. He can barely repeat the same damn thing three times, much less the required ten of CNN.

edit

he's going on about reality tv. and some shit to the likes. no fucking shit sherlock. people are fighting and DIEING!!! Where the hell did they get this guy. We have American, British, and I hear Australian troops over there fighting. They deserve respect, not half ass reports.

Here, fuck it, I'll do the reporting. There are allied tanks surrounding a building, with smoke billowing out. British troops are backing them up, of course from a distance to keep out of the heavier fire. Looks like thier ready to snipe from thier position. Unsure if they've taken care of the threat. They're trying to secure the position right now. Take em out guys.

Props to a David Bowdin British Pool Reporter, actually reports worth a shit.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am