Going to a Pro-America Rally today!!!

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

theski
Sith Marauder

Going to a Pro-America Rally today!!!

Post by theski »

I am going to the Pro-america rally in Charleston Sc today. They are expecting between 6000-and 9000 people.. Should be fun.. I give you an update tonight when I get back.. I hope I don't have to stomp to many Peacnicks.. :twisted:
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

Have fun...don't get into too many fights! :wink:
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Will be interesting to see if it get reported on the mainstream news.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

I havent seen much non peace protests on the news, but I know there's been some.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Maybe you should duke it out with a peace protest?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Various news channels were showing pro-war rallies.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Cool. I saw it on TV today and I have to say that its about time. I am getting so sick and tired of seeing a vocal minority getting so much attention.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

I just got back from the rally.. It was a great time.. We filled up a baseball stadium (no hard numbers untill monday) With out going blow by blow I guess the best things were No Marching, No Looting, No vomiting, No blocking traffic, No hate speech, No spitting..It was peacefull, uplifting and renews my belief in the American spirit..
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

theski wrote:I just got back from the rally.. It was a great time.. We filled up a baseball stadium (no hard numbers untill monday) With out going blow by blow I guess the best things were No Marching, No Looting, No vomiting, No blocking traffic, No hate speech, No spitting..It was peacefull, uplifting and renews my belief in the American spirit..
No marching is always a good thing, but then, I'm lazy. :D

But sounds FAR more peaceful than the anti-war rallies...ironic, isn't it? Peace rallies more violent than the pro-America ones? :roll:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

theski wrote:I just got back from the rally.. It was a great time.. We filled up a baseball stadium (no hard numbers untill monday) With out going blow by blow I guess the best things were No Marching, No Looting, No vomiting, No blocking traffic, No hate speech, No spitting..It was peacefull, uplifting and renews my belief in the American spirit..
Was this the thing that radio station was organizing to show support for the troops? I'd heard ads for it.

In any case, I'm sure I speak for everyone else here when I tell you that those of us at the NWS appreciate it.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

So those that oppose the theame are anti-American?
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Who wants to bet that this will not be given any news coverage, while tiny anti-war rallies of only a couple hundred will be mentioned...
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Stuart Mackey wrote:So those that oppose the theame are anti-American?
I don't think anyone was trying to imply that here?
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

phongn wrote:
It was a support the troops rally. So no, that is not what people were trying to imply
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Stuart Mackey

Post by Stuart Mackey »

phongn wrote:
Except for the title of the thread?
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

--------------
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Stuart Mackey wrote:
phongn wrote:
It could be called a pro-war rally...
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

By any chance was Glen Beck there? He was at something exactly the same here in San Antonio.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Stuart Mackey

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Nathan F wrote:
Stuart Mackey wrote:
phongn wrote: I don't think anyone was trying to imply that here?
It could be called a pro-war rally...
Nothing wrong with calling it that, if thats what it is, but to call it Pro-America automaticaly degenerates those who may not agree with the theme as anti-American.

--------------
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

I'd like to see reasonable people from each side come together and start a "Pro-Troops" rally. They could all hold up signs saying something like, "Just or not, please come home safe from Iraq" or "We'll be ready and waiting to welcome you home."

While I don't know if this would actually happen, I'm starting to fear that our troops may come home to a welcome much like the Vietnam soldiers got, and I think that would be horrible, not to mention that it would give a bad impression of the anti-war side of the table.

What most people don't realize is that there are legitimate reasons for and against going to war. This is what Shrub has utterly failed to see. He's explicitly stated that he's going to turn a deaf ear to anti-war protests and continue with his agenda. Regardless of how justified this war is, a president who publicly states that he's going to ignore the voices of dissent among his employers is never a good president.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

i heard some crackpot woman saying they shoud recall the troops and make them teachers or some shit like that.

WTF?
Sì! Abbiamo un' anima! Ma è fatta di tanti piccoli robot.
Stuart Mackey

Post by Stuart Mackey »

kojikun wrote:i heard some crackpot woman saying they shoud recall the troops and make them teachers or some shit like that.

WTF?
Some mothers do have em. All you can do is nod your head, say, yes thats allright, have a cuppa tea?.

--------------
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

kojikun wrote:i heard some crackpot woman saying they shoud recall the troops and make them teachers or some shit like that.

WTF?
:lol:
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Regardless of how justified this war is, a president who publicly states that he's going to ignore the voices of dissent among his employers is never a good president.
Considering that 70% of the nation supports the action and gives him a favorable rating, ignoring the voices of dissent is just fine for someone who only needs to win 51% of a vote. Voices of dissent DO NOT have to be listened to. Now if the rating was down in the 50% region then that would be an issue, but the peaceniks are a very vocal MINORITY and in a democracy, unless a minority can actually do anythign vote wise, simply do not matter in the political equation. It's all about votes and vote counting. I'm pretty sure after the disaster of the last election Bush is extremely aware of how important the numbers are.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Durandal wrote:While I don't know if this would actually happen, I'm starting to fear that our troops may come home to a welcome much like the Vietnam soldiers got, and I think that would be horrible, not to mention that it would give a bad impression of the anti-war side of the table.
That seems exceedinly unlikely from my POV.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Howedar wrote:
Durandal wrote:While I don't know if this would actually happen, I'm starting to fear that our troops may come home to a welcome much like the Vietnam soldiers got, and I think that would be horrible, not to mention that it would give a bad impression of the anti-war side of the table.
That seems exceedinly unlikely from my POV.
At the moment. If the war becomes much bloodier on both sides it could very well happen.