Dane Cook is an Offensively Unfunny Douchebag

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Dane Cook is an Offensively Unfunny Douchebag

Post by Flagg »

NBCNews

Comedian Dane Cook jokes about 'Dark Knight' shootings

By Kurt Schlosser, NBC News

Comedian Dane Cook took the stage at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles Thursday night and joked about the massacre at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater less than a week after it happened.

The shootings left 12 dead and 59 hurt at a midnight screening of the new Batman film "The Dark Knight Rises."

"So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie," Cook says in a clip on YouTube. "And I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of crap ... yeah, spoiler alert.

"And I know that if, ya know, none of that would have happened, I'm pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing that it was a piece of crap, was probably like 'ugh, (expletive) shoot me,'" Cook said.

A mix of groans from the audience turned into laughter and cheers before the audio clip ends.

Some commenters on YouTube tear into Cook for joking about the incident so soon, if at all.

"What a hack. He's trying to legitimize himself by do edgy, 'dark"' stuff, but he doesn't have the goods. Stick to your frat boy-slaying crazy dude persona, Dane," writes ChillyCheezItz.

Others defend the comedian and his right to joke about what happened.

"In his defense he was talking about the movie sucking ... Find humor in pain. I love his comedy. Always have always will," says TheSteffeec.

Last week, Playboy model Tricia Evans beat Cook to the apparent punchline with a tweet on the same day as the shooting. "I hear the new Batman movie is really 'to die for!' Too soon?" she wrote. Deadmau5, the electronic dance musician, was among those who later blasted Evans in a tweet of his own. A debate over the merits of her comedy ensued and Playboy finally stepped in to make sure no one thought the magazine was writing her material.

Backlash over Cook's joke also comes on the heels of another comedian feeling the heat for what he said during a stand-up act. Daniel Tosh, of Comedy Central's "Tosh.O", apologized earlier this month after getting slammed for a rape joke directed at an audience member, also at the Laugh Factory.

Last summer, actor/comedian Tracy Morgan famously went to great lengths to calm the storm after joking about how he would "pull out a knife and stab" his son if he was gay.
What a piece of crap. Dane Cook, I mean.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Crown
NARF

Re: Dane Cook is an Offensively Unfunny Douchebag

Post by Crown »

*groan*
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Get a fucking sense of humor, you ass-chapped pussies.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I have one. This was unfunny. It lacked humor. In words even a dimwit like you can understand: It didn't make me laugh. It was so unfunny as to be offensive.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

I was going to see the Batman movie in the theaters, but I figured I'd wait for the crowds to die down first.

Seriously, Flagg....
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

See, that was funny.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

So we've established that Dane Cook is an unfunny douchehammer?

WHO KNEW?
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

So Dane Cook was a little trigger-happy with timely jokes. It happens.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Todeswind
Jedi Knight

Post by Todeswind »

Are we going to have a thread for ever off collor joke from now on? Seriously? When did we become the international joke police?
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Todeswind wrote:Are we going to have a thread for ever off collor joke from now on? Seriously? When did we become the international joke police?
Since last week, now get a uniform and a badge. Your working the midnight shift tonight. And you'll follow procedures this time Todeswind, I'm won't have your back the next time one of your little stunts puts me in front of the Mayor again.

As for the topic, he's a comedian and he got laughs so he succeeded at his goal. In a month no one will give a shit because the only thing that can get a comedian in lasting trouble is a direct racist screed which must exceed at least seventy one seconds in length.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Eh. Since nobody really thinks wisecracks like this make killing sprees more likely, whereas sympathetic rape jokes may be making rape more common... I don't see how this one matters.

He may be an ass, but why get worked up about it?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

The whole "Too soon!" thing is shit for the birds. One of the funniest things I ever saw was the late Greg Giraldo cracking a joke about a dead celebrity just a few weeks -just watch [3:45]:

Comedy is cruelty + timing.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

You should post the article. It's board policy. Though I'm not a mod so feel free to ignore me.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Post the article.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

If you really want to be pedantic it was already posted in the shooting thread.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

This thread reminded me of this:
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Need to wonder how much "good" publicity it is for him, or just the media jumping on a similar story. Haven't seen the movie yet, but does anyone really think it's that bad? Sounds like just an anti-popular joke setup.
"Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

I saw it at midnight and loved it. Dane Cook is just a hack whose fading star just crashed and burned.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Jesus people, shut the fuck up. No one cares how offended you were.

You know you've entered the Twilight Zone when Coffee is the most reasonable person in the thread.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

The Kernel wrote:Jesus people, shut the fuck up. No one cares how offended you were.

You know you've entered the Twilight Zone when Coffee is the most reasonable person in the thread.

Read the thread fuckstick.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Flagg wrote: Read the thread fuckstick.
I did dumbass. It's the same idiocy as the Daniel Tosh thread all over again, it just hasn't reached 7 pages of horrible pontification yet.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

The Kernel wrote:
Flagg wrote: Read the thread fuckstick.
I did dumbass. It's the same idiocy as the Daniel Tosh thread all over again, it just hasn't reached 7 pages of horrible pontification yet.

So you are a liar or lack reading comprehension. No one, not once, "pontificated". In fact everyone, including me, has either stated they weren't offended by the material, or gave no indication that they were. The closest was Crown who simply posted "Groan". So put up or shut up.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

You started a thread called "Dane Cook is an Offensively Unfunny Douchebag" and decided to put it in "News and Politics". So either you are a fucking idiot who doesn't realize that spam threads belong in Testing or at best Off-Topic OR you were trying to inspire a pontificating wankfest like the Daniel Tosh thread and are a dishonest weasel. I guess I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed your weren't terminally stupid--my apologies and I do urge you to check yourself in for a vasectomy before you pass on your terminal stupidity into the greater gene pool as we really do have enough idiots as it is.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

The Kernel wrote:You started a thread called "Dane Cook is an Offensively Unfunny Douchebag" and decided to put it in "News and Politics". So either you are a fucking idiot who doesn't realize that spam threads belong in Testing or at best Off-Topic OR you were trying to inspire a pontificating wankfest like the Daniel Tosh thread and are a dishonest weasel. I guess I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed your weren't terminally stupid--my apologies and I do urge you to check yourself in for a vasectomy before you pass on your terminal stupidity into the greater gene pool as we really do have enough idiots as it is.

I did post it in the wrong forum, I meant to do it in Off Topic but no mods said anything so neither did I. Kindly fuck off, troll.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw