Shock and Awe has begun.....

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Shock and Awe has begun.....

Post by MKSheppard »

The Main event has begun in Baghdad!
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

B52 Hammer of the Gods.. :twisted:
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

A-10s took off from Kuwaiti bases shortly ago....some EYE-RAKIS are
about to get shot, bombed, and strafed soon
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

:shock:
Looks like the heavy end of the hammer coming at this time - - large explosions in Baghdad, jet engines heard overhead
Sr.mal
Jedi Knight

Post by Sr.mal »

Looks like its over now, but DAMN that was cool to see.
Ever since I was a scumdog, I blew a cum-wad.
I need a mother-fucking suckadickalickalong
A drunk, a pervert, a junkie and a sodimizer.
But you can call me the salaminizer
-The Salaminzer by GWAR
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

Saw it. Now THAT's gonna leave a mark!

BOOM
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
Zoink
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zoink »

I read on yahoo that the attack is being toned down a bit because they're in surrender talks with some Iraqi officials.
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

I saw some mushroom clouds on the TV, looks devastating as all hell. Lets hope the war doesn't drag on too long.
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

What Mushroom clouds? You probably saw the thousand foot pillars of flame from the oil fields they set on fire.

EDIT: Id like to retract this statement as I have now seen the footage on CNN. Damn those are some big boomers.
Last edited by Darth Fanboy on 2003-03-21 07:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

That bombing run on Saddam's presidential complex reminded me of something some Iraqi's said to a reporter after a previous bombing of Iraq.
(not an exact quote)
"At first we were afraid, but after we saw how accurate the Americans were, we'd all go out on our roofs. We love fireworks."
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Darth Fanboy wrote:What Mushroom clouds? You probably saw the thousand foot pillars of flame from the oil fields they set on fire.
There was some mushroom clouds in Bagdad i saw them too.
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Darth Fanboy wrote:What Mushroom clouds? You probably saw the thousand foot pillars of flame from the oil fields they set on fire.
No, they definitely showed at least one mushroom cloud in the news.
Which means there was a big explosion.
As the country is being bombed, I am spectactularly unsurpised to see that happen.
Mushroom cloads DO NOT require nukes.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

I saw some shroom clouds

Those 1k lbs bombs pack a punch
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Hameru wrote:I saw some shroom clouds

Those 1k lbs bombs pack a punch
I`d like to have one of those,i would dropped it on the national assembly in Quebec city :twisted: :mrgreen:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

Montcalm wrote: Those 1k lbs bombs pack a punch
I`d like to have one of those,i would dropped it on the national assembly in Quebec city :twisted: :mrgreen:[/quote]Why only use one 1k lbs? :twisted:
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Must suck to be Saddam....everything he's worked for all his life, destroyed in one day by the might of the United States Air Force...
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

time for montrose' toast.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

HemlockGrey wrote:Must suck to be Saddam....everything he's worked for all his life, destroyed in one day by the might of the United States Air Force...
It's not destruction, it's remodelling.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... iggado.jpg[/img] "You know, it's odd; practically everything that's happened on any of the inhabited planets has happened on Terra before the first spaceship." -- Space Viking
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

anarchistbunny wrote:That bombing run on Saddam's presidential complex reminded me of something some Iraqi's said to a reporter after a previous bombing of Iraq.
(not an exact quote)
"At first we were afraid, but after we saw how accurate the Americans were, we'd all go out on our roofs. We love fireworks."
Can you say BS propaganda? :)
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

hey, youd know youd do it. ;)
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

And look on the bright side: if the bombs do miss and hit you, you'll go out with a bang and you'll be dead before you know it.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Enforcer Talen wrote:hey, youd know youd do it. ;)
I know I'd be out there watching.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

me too, prolly.
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

It just grates on me because over 400 people were killed in 91 when a cruise missile took out a bomb shelter which the US thought was a command bunker. You also see wounded in hospitals and before this whole thing started, interviews by some Aussie reporters in Baghdad with some families- they were scared out of their minds, and they remembered what 91 was like. Holding up a few dumbasses standing on a roof (probably fucking inebriated, or just beyond caring) as a general indicator of the populace's mindest is of course, wrong.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Hyperion
Village Idiot

Post by Hyperion »

Hehe, gotta love JDAMs, the only conventional munition (fuel-air explosive type) that creates mushroom clouds! :mrgreen:

Btw, my parents thought they were using tac nukes till I explained this to them.

Oh, and I would so be outside watching the show. Hell, if I got blown to hell I wouldn't really care that much, it'd be quick.
"Freak on a leash! Freak on a leash!"