It begins.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Zoink
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zoink »

The link on the front page ("this is london") just links to an article on limited airstrikes. This is what CNN is saying also. Is it possible the Basra fighting was either wrong, or being supressed?
RadiO
Jedi Knight

Post by RadiO »

BBC News 24 just had near-live footage of the B-52s at Fairford, and they looked like they were strobing.
"Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr I'm-My-Own-Grandpa! Let's get the hell out of here already! Screw history!" - Professor Farnsworth
Luke Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Luke Starkiller »

RadiO wrote:BBC News 24 just had near-live footage of the B-52s at Fairford, and they looked like they were strobing.
What does 'strobing' mean?
What kind of dark wizard in league with nameless forces of primordial evil ARE you that you can't even make a successful sanity check versus BOREDOM? - Red Mage
RadiO
Jedi Knight

Post by RadiO »

Luke Starkiller wrote:
RadiO wrote:BBC News 24 just had near-live footage of the B-52s at Fairford, and they looked like they were strobing.
What does 'strobing' mean?
It's slang, means the aircraft's exterior lights are on and its anti-collision beacons are rotating (and the aircraft is probably crewed, ready for flight and about to depart).
I jumped the gun. It was probably preparation and maintenance that the BBC filmed last night.
"Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr I'm-My-Own-Grandpa! Let's get the hell out of here already! Screw history!" - Professor Farnsworth