Trayvon Martin Case (Zimmerman charged; 2nd deg. murder)

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Re: Trayvon Martin Case (Zimmerman charged; 2nd deg. murder)

Post by Patroklos »

Yeah, that article is BS. I suppose what they were looking for was DNA from Martain's fist or other source at the impact/grab sites but that will only work in the affirmative, a negative report doesn't mean he did not do it any more than not having a positive rape kit automatically absolves a rape defendant. It just means that DNA is not going to prove something one way or the other in this case.

The idea that you can't grasp someones head and slam hit without gouging it with your fingernails is absurd on its face. In fact if I basically have to palm a bald head like a basketball I don't see how you would scratch with your fingernails.
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

Patroklos wrote:The idea that you can't grasp someones head and slam hit without gouging it with your fingernails is absurd on its face. In fact if I basically have to palm a bald head like a basketball I don't see how you would scratch with your fingernails.
That was my thought as well. I don't know you'd need to grab their head at all, as long as they're still conscious and struggling - they're going to be lifting the back of their head off the ground themselves.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

hey niw its not like blacks are real people down in dixie

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Why wasn't there blood on his hands, then? If he punched Zimmerman so much that his face was covered in blood as he claimed then Martins hands should have had zimmermans blood on them, no?
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Unless the defense turns out to be a lot smarter than the prosecution, at this rate, we probably wouldn't find out about any blood of Zimmerman's on Martin's hands until halfway through the trial.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Flagg wrote:Why wasn't there blood on his hands, then? If he punched Zimmerman so much that his face was covered in blood as he claimed then Martins hands should have had zimmermans blood on them, no?

How did you conclude that? If you review the DNA test no tests were done of the hands.

The evidence is listed as follows;

DMS-21 Swabs collected from multiple locations on the firearm
JR-2 Buccal swabs from GZ
ME-2 Fingernail scrapings from TM left and right hands represented by ME-2B and ME-2A
ME-3 FTA card from TM
ME-8 TM shirt
ME-12 TM Hoodie

Not sure why the hands weren't check. Maybe they were heavily contaminated.
Milites Astrum Exterminans
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

Flagg wrote:Why wasn't there blood on his hands, then? If he punched Zimmerman so much that his face was covered in blood as he claimed then Martins hands should have had zimmermans blood on them, no?
From the pictures here...

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-201_162-10012334-5.html

...the cuts to his face are quite minor (lack of cuts does not mean they were not significant blows) and its not like blood just explodes out of a cut that size hollywood style. I see no issues with Martin not getting blood on his hands here.

As for the back of his head if you are gripping the head from the sides and bashing it again there is no reason to assume blood would get on Martin's hands.

Its all inconclusive either way.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

The point about contamination is good- Martin was shot dead, so his blood might have been all over his hands, to the point where identifying Zimmerman's blood would be impossible.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

This thread's gotten very large, so why don't we close this one and start a new one just for the trial, ok?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

This thread's gotten very large, so why don't we close this one and start a new one just for the trial, ok?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet