Breitbart is Dead. The Villagers Rejoice.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Breitbart is Dead. The Villagers Rejoice.

Post by Flagg »

MSNBC
Conservative firebrand Andrew Breitbart has died at age 43
By msnbc.com

Andrew Breitbart, the conservative firebrand and web publisher, has died, according to his Big Government website.

In a brief post, the site said he died at age 43 of natural causes. His death was confirmed to msnbc.com by the Los Angeles Coroner's Office.

Breitbart, in addition to publishing a number of websites devoted to repudiating what he saw as the liberal-dominated coverage of politics and culture, once served as an editor for the Drudge Report and helped Arianna Huffington launch the Huffington Post website.
I won't be doing a jig on his grave, but that's just because I can't dance.

Last edited by SCRawl on 2012-03-03 06:58pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed spelling of thread title - SCRawl
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: Brietbart is Dead. The Villiagers Rejoice.

Post by Mr Bean »

Dead at 43 of natural causes? Wait what?
Conservatives will miss Breitbart, the man was a genius at his work at re-defining debates to conservative framing. Despite the fact he was a loathsome human being he was an outstanding propagandist.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I got a $10 bill that says "natural causes" include some form of illicit drug.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

Flagg wrote:I got a $10 bill that says "natural causes" include some form of illicit drug.
Libertarian?
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Flagg wrote:I got a $10 bill that says "natural causes" include some form of illicit drug.
I'm going with a berry aneurysm. It went undetected and he was entirely asymptomatic before it ruptured.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

I'm sure his family will miss him. Too bad he was so destructive to the political landscape.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Mr Bean wrote:Dead at 43 of natural causes? Wait what?
Conservatives will miss Breitbart, the man was a genius at his work at re-defining debates to conservative framing. Despite the fact he was a loathsome human being he was an outstanding propagandist.
well I've seen videos of him, he makes me look like a good and healthy weight individual. I guess he DID have a heart and it decieded to take him out.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Scrib
Jedi Knight

Post by Scrib »

I Can't say I'm sad. In fact, after seeing some of his recent appearances, I'm kind of glad.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Breitbart was walking near his home in Brentwood, Calif just after midnight Thursday when he collapsed according to his father-in-law Orson Bean. Someone saw Breitbart fall and called 911. Emergency crews tried to revive him and rushed him to the emergency room at UCLA Medical Center, Bean said.

Sounds like a heart attack.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Maybe he blew his top and had a stroke. Then again my 19 year neighbor had a heart attack turned out she had a Congenital heart defect. Luckily her mom was a paramedic and was with her at the time.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Sensible people look at this and see 'heart attack. Maybe a genetic reason?'. Right wing noise machine..
Crazy Twitter People wrote:He told me RECENTLY he had big dirt on Obama... MANY believe it's murder!
MancowMuller

If you watched the threats Breitbart retweeted daily, You would join me in saying his untimely death is suspicious. Poison or other agents..
Scott LaFata

They killed Breitbart? Natural causes? What was natural cause? They use cancer to kill a lot of people. Ruby for one, Aaron Russo 4 another
Margaret Khan

Breitbart dead at 43???? that sounds fishy to me. Does Soros have an alibi??????
Brooke
NitNote: I never understand the Soros conspiracy.

Andrew Breitbart was going to expose Barry's colledge "issues" and now he's dead. The Bush/Clinton clan kills again.
Scott Groves
NitNote: We still have that crazy theory floating?

The LEFT taking out our Conservative Generals now?????? Putin in Russia does this to oppostion journalists....look it up
HarishUSA
CONSPIRACY AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL! 'Cause no one who goes apeshit like Breibart did could possibly have high blood pressure.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

I wish Obama had the guile to take out his political opponents sometimes (Not really, but a backbone would be nice). But Brietbart's big accomplishments were basically getting pics of Wieners wiener and defaming someone to the point where his estate will be royally fucked out the ass. Kiss that meager inheritance goodbye kids!
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

I truly feel sorry for his children.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Mr Bean wrote:Despite the fact he was a loathsome human being he was an outstanding propagandist.
Or perhaps because of that fact...

I was a little bit startled to see how old he looks, in his recent pictures. He was two years younger than I am, and looked ten years older.
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

like I said he made me look like I was in could health. He was a year difference betwen me and him in age.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Olbermann's been skewering him lately, making a laughing stock out of him on a nightly basis. I wonder how this bit of news will affect his coverage.

I won't miss Breitbart, but I hate to see anyone cut down at that point in their life, especially when they have small children.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

MKSheppard wrote:Breitbart was walking near his home in Brentwood, Calif just after midnight Thursday when he collapsed according to his father-in-law Orson Bean. Someone saw Breitbart fall and called 911. Emergency crews tried to revive him and rushed him to the emergency room at UCLA Medical Center, Bean said.

Sounds like a heart attack.
Pulmonary embolism is another possibility. Haemorrhagic stroke is another one. Of course being a right wing douche its almost obligatory that someone starts thinking about illicit drugs.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Wacky-fun right-wing Conservative talk radio already floating rumors of 'assassination.'

Because, you know, he had these recordings of Obama doing something, well, so horrible that if only you -saw- them...
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Heh.

You'd think someone like Breitbart would have made preparations for them in case of his death, if that were actually true. I mean come on, keeping a copy of your Dirty Secrets in a safe deposit box or with an attorney to be released in case of your death is practically the oldest trick in the book.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

mr friendly guy wrote:Pulmonary embolism is another possibility. Haemorrhagic stroke is another one. Of course being a right wing douche its almost obligatory that someone starts thinking about illicit drugs.
Really? Really? Try screwing your brain on straight before you post, pal. A predilection to drug use is commonly associated with liberal politicians; read our current presiden't autobiography for reference.

43 is very young to drop dead, I do feel sorry for his family. I'm also guessing Arianna Huffington, union leaders and Teh Prez are full of smiles right now.
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Count Chocula wrote:Really? Really? Try screwing your brain on straight before you post, pal. A predilection to drug use is commonly associated with liberal politicians; read our current presiden't autobiography for reference.
Ahem, George W. Bush, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck...

It's definitely a bipartisan issue.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

Chocula\\\'s back? I thought you were banned?

also. from slate: one of the few \\\'he wasn\\\'t a complete dick\\\' articles i\\\'ve seen.

http://slate.me/wgwJFp
What lesson were we supposed to learn? Back when he staged the JournoList intervention/inquisition, he was trying to tell me that the gatekeeper media was dying. No one could control the news cycle anymore. No one trusted the press anymore. Just declare your bias and get to work, because anybody with a camera or an Internet connection can take you out or show you up. I don’t think Breitbart won his culture war. The political media culture we’re living in now, though, is the one he made.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

GW: allegations (not that I particularly liked the guy, just better than the current one); any proof, like oh I don't know a confession in print? Limbaugh, prescription drugs, rehab. Beck, don't really know...prescription or illicit? Confessed? Busted? Moar infoplz. Never mind, found it. Beck was an alky pothead who got clean. Good for him.

We don't have enough storage on SDN's server to go into liberal celebrity drug use. Besides, that's what Entertainment Tonight is there to tell us.

P.S. madd0c: sometimes RL and income take precedence. Ya can't cook the bacon if you don't bring it home.
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Count Chocula wrote:GW: allegations (not that I particularly liked the guy, just better than the current one); any proof, like oh I don't know a confession in print?
He's an admitted alcoholic, for one.
We don't have enough storage on SDN's server to go into liberal celebrity drug use. Besides, that's what Entertainment Tonight is there to tell us.
We don't have enough storage to go over Wall Street's love affair with cocaine and alcohol, either. :V

Again: bipartisan problem.

Although, for a 43 year old to just drop dead on the street indicates he most likely either had a congenital issue or was abusing a drug. I guess we'll have to wait and see if his family opts for an autopsy or not and see what they conclude and if it is released to the public. I do so hope some shining beacon of journalistic integrity opts to go incognito into the autopsy office disguised as a repairman and steals the autopsy report, though.
Last edited by Akhlut on 2012-03-02 11:25pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
CarsonPalmer
Jedi Master

Post by CarsonPalmer »

Count Chocula wrote:GW: allegations (not that I particularly liked the guy, just better than the current one); any proof, like oh I don't know a confession in print? Limbaugh, prescription drugs, rehab. Beck, don't really know...prescription or illicit? Confessed? Busted? Moar infoplz. Never mind, found it. Beck was an alky pothead who got clean. Good for him.
Why does Limbaugh get a pass for having ceased his drug use, but Obama and Clinton do not for ceasing theirs? Especially since Obama and Clinton known incidents happened, you know, thirty years ago and Limbaugh's happened in the past decade.

P.S. madd0c: sometimes RL and income take precedence. Ya can't cook the bacon if you don't bring it home.
Why are celebrities presumed to be liberal as opposed to apolitical? It isn't like Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton are out leading the striking workers.