Bush gives Hussein and Co 48 hrs to leave Iraq....

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Agreed irishmick. Kick ass, take names, and come home to your girlfriends alright guys! God bless the whole lot of ya.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Godspeed to our men and women fighting on the land, in the skies, and on the seas!

May they all return to their families and homes safe, and may they kick some serious Iraqi tail!
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Sagitarrian wrote:As a military member, I appreciate the sentiment.
I still have 30 days of transfer leave to get my wife set up in a new town the n I fly off to the USS Carl Vinson CVN-70.

I joined a bit ago and figured this would be an appropriate first post.

-Sagitarrian

Off to the "Chuck Boat" :D
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
brothersinarm
Padawan Learner

Post by brothersinarm »

What do you guys think. Should Canadians be helping Americans fight this war??? Well As a Canadian all I can say is this...It is right to let brothers/sister die in a fight without acting to help? I say never. Brothers and sisters should fight to defend one another and that's how I view America and Canada. I might not want a war...but I won't want to let you fight alone. God Speed to all the soldiers, and may the Canadian government act in some way no matter how small, to show our support for American troops.
Everyone knows the formation by which you achieved victory, yet no one knows the formations by which you were able to create victory
- Sun Tzu
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Re: Bush gives Hussein and Co 48 hrs to leave Iraq....

Post by Cal Wright »

irishmick79 wrote:wheather you're anti war Anti-War, or Pro-War, I'd just hope that everybody can take a moment of your time and be thankful for all the good things you love in life, and hope that those in what will soon be a combat zone will come home safely, and once again enjoy the things in life they love. Be they American, British, Iraqi, or whatever.

As an American, I just hope that the troops come home swiftly, safely, and victoriously.

That is all.
¤§¤

They're out there for us. Brothers and Sisters every one of 'em. Good Luck out there!

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

I know i'm on a bandwagon here, but I agree (with wishing the troops to come home safely, not tying Ted to a MOAB; that might adversely affect the bomb's accuracy. Couldn't you just throw him out of the bomb bay?).
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Re: Bush gives Hussein and Co 48 hrs to leave Iraq....

Post by Knife »

irishmick79 wrote:wheather you're anti war Anti-War, or Pro-War, I'd just hope that everybody can take a moment of your time and be thankful for all the good things you love in life, and hope that those in what will soon be a combat zone will come home safely, and once again enjoy the things in life they love. Be they American, British, Iraqi, or whatever.

As an American, I just hope that the troops come home swiftly, safely, and victoriously.

That is all.
What you said, plus a little. :wink:

To all service members; THANK YOU and come home safe.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
mantakai
Padawan Learner

Post by mantakai »

these are the things that those people in power dont consider when ranting of war, no one should have to die because of someone else's bad choices, i hope everyone comes home safe from either side. *raises glass* here's to all the brave men and women and their safe return
"normal is not something to apire to, its something to get away from"
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Superman wrote:Yeah, no shit.

I love it when the right wing screwballs get all pissy when it comes to respecting the country, but when someone protests they have a fit and make fun of them.

Look, idiots! Protesting is totally American! Get a clue.
People have their right to protest, on the other hand the same people you're mocking have teh same right to free speech so get over it.

And I to hope our boys in uniform come home safe (maybe we'll luck out and Saddam'll pull a Hitler)
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

SylasGaunt wrote: (maybe we'll luck out and Saddam'll pull a Hitler)
I somehow doubt it.Still, stranger things have happened...

May your people make it home safely
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

May all you soldiers come home safe and sound.
Luck be with you...
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

I've cleaned this thead of Ted's rants. Keep the debate out of here. Stay on topic, at least this once.
The_Nice_Guy
Jedi Knight

Post by The_Nice_Guy »

Hope as little people(on all sides) are killed as possible. Not just American and allied soldiers, but Iraqi soldiers and civilians too. I hope for a clean war, one without WMDs.

With the notable exception of Saddam and his goons. No great loss if he is killed.

The Nice Guy
The Laughing Man
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Colonel Olrik wrote:I've cleaned this thead of Ted's rants. Keep the debate out of here. Stay on topic, at least this once.
Thanks CO. Unfortunately now you have Enlightenments rants to deal with :roll:
Image Image
irishmick79
Rabid Monkey

Post by irishmick79 »

Nathan F wrote:
Enlightenment wrote:Conquest is seldom just.
Justice can never be conquest, and this is what I would call some long overdue justice.
Justice can never be conquest? To the victors go the spoils, I say. It is only the conquerers who usually get to levy justice as they see fit. The defeated seldom have this privelage. Conquest and Justice (or at least the victor's definition of it) tend to go hand in hand.
"A country without a Czar is like a village without an idiot."
- Old Russian Saying
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Superman wrote:Yeah, no shit.

I love it when the right wing screwballs get all pissy when it comes to respecting the country, but when someone protests they have a fit and make fun of them.

Look, idiots! Protesting is totally American! Get a clue.
Protesting is one thing. Simply making baseless attacks and being an assclown is another.
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

Thread cleaned. Since there were another two posts while I was dividing it, post them again in the new thread. I'll delete these two in a while.

AND STAY ON TOPIC HERE. Final warning
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Colonel Olrik wrote:Thread cleaned. Since there were another two posts while I was dividing it, post them again in the new thread. I'll delete these two in a while.

AND STAY ON TOPIC HERE. Final warning
W0000000000000T! No More Flameage here!

Thanks again, CO!
Image Image
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Time's up.

From the Halls of Montezuma, to the Shores of Tripoli, to the Home of the Persian Kings...
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Colonel Olrik wrote:Thread cleaned. Since there were another two posts while I was dividing it,
When I split threads is I lock them before clicking on 'split' and unlock when I'm finished. It's more work in the short term but it prevents just this kind of situation from happening.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.