Fox News Viewers Are Retarded

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Re: Fox News Viewers Are Retarded

Post by Count Chocula »

That's not confirmation. I didn't miss it.
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
Bakustra
Sith Devotee

Post by Bakustra »

He gave Lonestar the exact answer he was looking for, the correct one, and pointed out some possible reasons why. I'm not sure what sort of definition of "confirmation" you're looking for that that doesn't satisfy. Please share!
Invited by the new age, the elegant Sailor Neptune!
I mean, how often am I to enter a game of riddles with the author, where they challenge me with some strange and confusing and distracting device, and I'm supposed to unravel it and go "I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE" and take great personal satisfaction and pride in our mutual cleverness?
- The Handle, from the TVTropes Forums
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member

Post by Count Chocula »

Uhm, "Yes, that's the one" would do.
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Count Chocula wrote:Uhm, "Yes, that's the one" would do.
The answer is in the study linked from the news article. On pages 3-4. I realize this would mean clicking a link, clicking another link, and scrolling, but come the fuck on.
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member

Post by Count Chocula »

Me saying yes is not Flagg saying yes. This is his horse; he has to saddle up and ride it.

Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Please stop posting idiocy. Lonestar asked a question, Flagg answered it, and it's confirmed to be the correct answer by the authoritative source. You have gone at this point from "Flagg hasn't answered Lonestar's question," to "There's no confirmation Flagg answered correctly," to "Flagg hasn't confirmed that his answer to Lonestar's question is correct." I assume you actually mean that Lonestar hasn't confirmed the answer as correct, because Flagg confirming that his own reply to someone else's question is the right answer sounds particulary herpy-derpy even for a pants-on-head like you.
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member

Post by Count Chocula »

So "probably" equals "yes." I'll update my dictionary. By the way, dipshit, there are individual questions tabulated in both your link and the original survey. See Question K1 and see who's ahead of Fox. K2, Fox viewers lose. K3 is a statistical dead heat. On K5, all 3 cable networks are within 2% of each other and more charitable than reality. Huh. Dipshit. As a prior poster said, don't trust cable news. Dipshit.

EDIT: Where's Flagg? Enquiring minds don't really care.

Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Count Chocula wrote:So "probably" equals "yes." I'll update my dictionary. By the way, dipshit, there are individual questions tabulated in both your link and the original survey. See Question K1 and see who's ahead of Fox. K2, Fox viewers lose. K3 is a statistical dead heat. On K5, all 3 cable networks are within 2% of each other and more charitable than reality. Huh. Dipshit. As a prior poster said, don't trust cable news. Dipshit.

EDIT: Where's Flagg? Enquiring minds don't really care.
Thank you Hall Monitor Chocula. Fucking knock it off.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
evilsoup
Jedi Knight

Post by evilsoup »

Flagg wrote:
evilsoup wrote:And yet when Flagg posts retarded, dishonest shit like this you nod your head happily.

Fox News viewers are from the same political position as the news station, so they nod and smile to the retarded and dishonest shit on Fox News.

I know they're frustrating (and some American right-wingers are certifiable), but just dismissing them as 'retards' will inevitably lead you to underestimate your political opponents.
Did you read the article, retard? It states that they are less knowledgeable about facts. It has nothing to do with ideology, it has to do with the fact that they are ignorant of the world around them. Go fuck a horse.
:roll: Hey, you see the title of the thread? 'Fox New Viewers Are Retarded'? If you meant to say 'ignorant of the world around them' then you should have written that, because that's a different thing.

I know it's hard to grasp, Flagg, but word have meanings. Well actually I think you know that and you falsely labelled the post like this to get a bunch of liberal-hugbox love.
And also one of the ingredients to making a pony is cocaine. -Darth Fanboy.

My Little Warhammer: Friendship is Heresy - Latest Chapter: 7 - Rainbow Crash
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member

Post by Count Chocula »

Dalton wrote:Thank you Hall Monitor Chocula. Fucking knock it off.
Hey everyone but Flagg attacked me for asking for a simple confirmation.

BTW, can I request "Hall Monitor" as a custom, completely inappropriate, title? That'd be fun.

Bakustra
Sith Devotee

Post by Bakustra »

Count Chocula wrote:
Dalton wrote:Thank you Hall Monitor Chocula. Fucking knock it off.
Hey everyone but Flagg attacked me for asking for a simple confirmation.

BTW, can I request "Hall Monitor" as a custom, completely inappropriate, title? That'd be fun.
In order for this to be truthful, you would have to replace "asking for a simple confirmation" with "being a pinhead who stakes everything on the tiny line between 'probably' and 'yes'" or just "being a pinhead".

Also, K1 is a measure of how many people used the particular source of news. There are no winners or losers there, and what's important is the marginal analysis on pages 5 and 6, where it's pointed out that Fox News viewers are significantly more likely to be ignorant about international and domestic issues.
Invited by the new age, the elegant Sailor Neptune!
I mean, how often am I to enter a game of riddles with the author, where they challenge me with some strange and confusing and distracting device, and I'm supposed to unravel it and go "I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE" and take great personal satisfaction and pride in our mutual cleverness?
- The Handle, from the TVTropes Forums
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

evilsoup wrote:
Flagg wrote:
evilsoup wrote:And yet when Flagg posts retarded, dishonest shit like this you nod your head happily.

Fox News viewers are from the same political position as the news station, so they nod and smile to the retarded and dishonest shit on Fox News.

I know they're frustrating (and some American right-wingers are certifiable), but just dismissing them as 'retards' will inevitably lead you to underestimate your political opponents.
Did you read the article, retard? It states that they are less knowledgeable about facts. It has nothing to do with ideology, it has to do with the fact that they are ignorant of the world around them. Go fuck a horse.
:roll: Hey, you see the title of the thread? 'Fox New Viewers Are Retarded'? If you meant to say 'ignorant of the world around them' then you should have written that, because that's a different thing.
I put the word "retarded" in there because the full article title didn't fit and it's true.
I know it's hard to grasp, Flagg, but word have meanings. Well actually I think you know that and you falsely labelled the post like this to get a bunch of liberal-hugbox love.
Yeah, that's me, always seeking adoration from others. :wtf:
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Count Chocula wrote:That's not confirmation. I didn't miss it.

I find the response acceptable.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member

Post by Count Chocula »

Conceded.

Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

I have a couple questions for Flagg regarding the poll:

1. What was the exact/entire wording of the poll question?
2. When was the poll taken?
3. When did Mubarak step down?
4. What was the political situation in Egypt like during the time of the poll?
Happily married gay couples with closets full of assault weapons. That's my vision for America
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Phil Skayhan wrote:I have a couple questions for Flagg regarding the poll:

Write the articles authors and ask them?

And Mubarak stepped down in February.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

Flagg wrote:

So, as suspected, you didn't click the direct link from the first line in the HuffPost article (which you posted) to the FDU poll.

Lazy.

Answers:
K2: These days, there is more going on in politics and the world than anyone can keep track of. We’d like to
ask about a few things that have been in the news recently, to see how well the news media has been doing its
job. To the best of your knowledge, have the opposition groups protesting in Egypt been successful in
bringing down the regime there?
News Source
bolding mine

2. Oct. 17, 2011, through Oct. 23, 2011

3. Correct, February.

4. In October 2011, the protests were continuing and calling for the current/"interim" military regime to step down in favor of civilian control.

Can you guess what my point(s) is (are) going to be? Or are you too retarded?
Happily married gay couples with closets full of assault weapons. That's my vision for America
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Phil Skayhan wrote:
Flagg wrote:

So, as suspected, you didn't click the direct link from the first line in the HuffPost article (which you posted) to the FDU poll.

Lazy.

Answers:
K2: These days, there is more going on in politics and the world than anyone can keep track of. We’d like to
ask about a few things that have been in the news recently, to see how well the news media has been doing its
job. To the best of your knowledge, have the opposition groups protesting in Egypt been successful in
bringing down the regime there?
News Source
bolding mine

2. Oct. 17, 2011, through Oct. 23, 2011

3. Correct, February.

4. In October 2011, the protests were continuing and calling for the current/"interim" military regime to step down in favor of civilian control.

Can you guess what my point(s) is (are) going to be? Or are you too retarded?
That you enjoy trolling threads? Is that your point?
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

The poll question being used to draw the conclusion you made is poorly worded; not mentioning Mubarak when that was the intended subject of the question, use of the present perfect to imply something happened in the present or near past, and also reinforcing that by prefacing the question with "in the news recently".

The Syria question is a wash and the Republican leading in the poll question was not affected by exposure to Fox.

Basically, my main criticism is a failure to check sources and a lack of critical thinking skills.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Phil Skayhan wrote:The poll question being used to draw the conclusion you made is poorly worded; not mentioning Mubarak when that was the intended subject of the question, use of the present perfect to imply something happened in the present or near past, and also reinforcing that by prefacing the question with "in the news recently".

The Syria question is a wash and the Republican leading in the poll question was not affected by exposure to Fox.

Basically, my main criticism is a failure to check sources and a lack of critical thinking skills.
Then take it up with the article instead of attacking me you whiny bitch.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

The poll question being used to draw the conclusion you made is poorly worded; not mentioning Mubarak when that was the intended subject of the question, use of the present perfect to imply something happened in the present or near past, and also reinforcing that by prefacing the question with "in the news recently".

If everyone taking the poll was asked the same question regardless of which news network they watched, which I assume they were because otherwise the poll itself is pointless, why would it matter that the question was poorly worded? Everyone had to answer the same question.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Mr. Coffee wrote:By the same reasoning Flagg demands Fox no longer should call themselves "news" I demand The Daily Show should no longer call themselves "comedy".
They are a pretty good and solid news show.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

Alkaloid wrote:If everyone taking the poll was asked the same question regardless of which news network they watched, which I assume they were because otherwise the poll itself is pointless, why would it matter that the question was poorly worded? Everyone had to answer the same question.
Because the question is poorly worded, you throw out everyone's responses. Unfortunately, this question appears to be the punctuation mark in drawing conclusions about Fox viewers.

There is actually a question #4 regarding the bailout of European countries, the results of which are not shown.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

Because the question is poorly worded, you throw out everyone's responses. Unfortunately, this question appears to be the punctuation mark in drawing conclusions about Fox viewers.
That's like saying because a test is hard, it makes everyone look stupid. Everyone has to deal with the same problem, so you only rate their answers against themselves. The same way all experiments tests and polls are run everywhere.
Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

No, it's like saying on a multiple choice test, "Hey teach! there's more than one right answer to #2."