California gay marriage ban gaining steam

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Re: California gay marriage ban gaining steam

Post by Steve »

Thanks, now I have this sudden urge to play "Marching Through Georgia".
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

sorry California in general, I just hate my state's voters, particularly their fucked up ballot propositions, and bond issues.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Posner
Youngling

Post by Posner »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:sorry California in general, I just hate my state's voters, particularly their fucked up ballot propositions, and bond issues.
No sweat, it is a lot better than most states. The shitty thing is that the Domestic Partnership was damn close to marriage. I hope the initiative against gay marriage doesn't create a drive to repeal Domestic Partnerships.

Just so you know I'm not bullshitting on Domestic Partnerships:
California Family Code § 297.5.
(a) Registered domestic partners shall have the same rights, protections, and benefits, and shall be subject to the same responsibilities, obligations, and duties under law, whether they derive from statutes, administrative regulations, court rules, government policies, common law, or any other provisions or sources of law, as are granted to and imposed upon spouses.
In Soviet Union, God created Man - Yakov Smirnoff