Well, it's one way to fend of paparazzi.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Well, it's one way to fend of paparazzi.

Post by Elfdart »

Link
Paper Says Lions to Protect Pregnant Jolie's Privacy
Reuters
WINDHOEK (April 10) - Pregnant Hollywood siren Angelina Jolie and boyfriend Brad Pitt have taken refuge in a remote Namibian game lodge where wild lions will help protect them from the media, a Namibian newspaper said on Monday.

Brangelina on the Move
Getty Images
The 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith' co-stars have recently retreated to a secluded resort in Africa, prompting rumors they will have their baby there.

The Cooler Heats Up:

The celebrity couple and their two adopted children Maddox and Zahara arrived in the southern African country last week, fuelling media speculation the Oscar-winning actress plans to give birth in Namibia away from the spotlight.

Namibian Afrikaans daily newspaper Die Republikein said the pair had moved from a luxury beach resort in the harbor town of Walvisbay to a lodge in the Etosha National Game Park in northern Namibia, where lions are a top tourist draw and would help deter intruders trying to photograph the couple.

U.S. tabloids say Jolie and Pitt's baby is due on May 18. The media had speculated that Jolie would give birth in France as a tribute to her French mother, who is dying of cancer.
This has real potential. I could just see on Access Hollywood, E!, or Entertainment Tonight:

"Here's new footage of Brad and Angelina from our camera crew in Namibia. Hello?"

RWAAAAAAAR!
:shock:

"Well it appears we lost them."
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

*PHEW*

For a minute I thought they were going to do something stupid, ala Tom Cruise.

Excellent idea however.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Wait...Angelina Jolie and Bradd Pitt are having a baby?
Okay, I'm expecting a global shortage of hotness, now. That kid's gonna hog it all when it grows up.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

That is a pretty clever idea actually, they're spared the annoyance of the paparazzi, and we're spared the sound bites that pass as news
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Guarded by lions? I had to check that this wasn't from the Onion. :lol:
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

[Meryl Streep]A lion ate my baby![/]
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Molyneux wrote:Wait...Angelina Jolie and Bradd Pitt are having a baby?
Okay, I'm expecting a global shortage of hotness, now. That kid's gonna hog it all when it grows up.
Reminds me of one of Bill Maher's New Rules: "New Rule [shows photo of Brad and Angelina]: When two of the prettiest people in the world get together, leave them alone... AND LET THEM FUCK!"
Aeolus
Jedi Master

Post by Aeolus »

While I assume the child will be crazy hot. Sometimes when two really goodlooking people have a kid thier features just dont mesh well. As for the lions I can only imagine what the rating would be if some corespondant from Access Holywood or ET got eatin by a Lion. :lol:
I am also getting an image of Jolie on a throne flanked by lions and Pitt behind her faning her with otstich feathers. :D
For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see,
Saw the Vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be;
Saw the heavens fill with commerce, argosies of magic sails,
Pilots of the purple twilight dropping down with costly bales;
Heard the heavens fill with shouting, and there rain'd a ghastly dew
From the nations' airy navies grappling in the central blue;
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I think it's a false assumption that the kid of a pretty couple will also turn out pretty. I know this is anecdotal, but almost every hot chick I've ever met has a Plain Jane for a sister.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

When the child is born, I will be officially jealous of that kid. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
felineki
Infantile Brat

Post by felineki »

No way the kid will be as good looking as that lioness. Check out those teeth! Rar!
I'm a trolling moron and my E-mail is mbiddinger@mchsi.com
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

They should have just hired Russell Crowe to stand in front of their house and fight off all the paparattzi until the child moves out. Just arm that man with a telephone, some booze, and his favorite tugboat Tugger, and he'd be fightin for their baby! Oy!
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Well, sure Brad is hot and Angelina is a flat fucking bombshell...

But has anyone considered the what if? Look at a young Bill Clinton and a young Hillary... Resonably good looking poeple. Chelsia makes dogs bark. I would fuck her with someone else's dick...

Sometimes when good genetics collide, Fugly little mutants are birthed the likes of which would make the baby Jeebus Cry....

Now, I doubt this could happen in Brad and Angelinia's case. Their so damned good looking that the birth of the kid will probably mark the begining of a new Era of Hotness. But, just keep in mind the "what if".

But good on Brad and Angie for trying to stymie those vampiric fuckheads of the paperattattzi in a not violent fashion.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Chelsea Clinton may not be supermodel material, but I am baffled at how anyone with reasonable aesthetic tastes could consider her a "fugly little mutant". Image
Aeolus
Jedi Master

Post by Aeolus »

Uraniun235 wrote:Chelsea Clinton may not be supermodel material, but I am baffled at how anyone with reasonable aesthetic tastes could consider her a "fugly little mutant". Image

Are you kidding? That girl is lucky she has money.
Sofia
Padawan Learner

Post by Sofia »

I never understood the whole BRAD PITT IS TEH HOT!!!!!1!1!11! thing. To me he's just blond and bland.
Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you? (Walt Whitman)

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." (Tom Stoppard)

Still here I carry my old delicious burdens/I carry them, men and women, I carry them with me wherever I go/I swear it is impossible for me to get rid of them/I am fill'd with them, and I will fill them in return. (Whitman)
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Aeolus wrote:
Uraniun235 wrote:Chelsea Clinton may not be supermodel material, but I am baffled at how anyone with reasonable aesthetic tastes could consider her a "fugly little mutant". Image

Are you kidding? That girl is lucky she has money.
Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but a quick Google Image Search doesn't reveal an abnormally unattractive young woman. Does anyone here have any solid examples of a "fugly little mutant" who "makes dogs bark", or is this just another case of 'internet male' aesthetics at work?
Aeolus
Jedi Master

Post by Aeolus »

Sofia wrote:I never understood the whole BRAD PITT IS TEH HOT!!!!!1!1!11! thing. To me he's just blond and bland.
Your as crazy as Uranium :D
Metrion Cascade
Village Idiot

Post by Metrion Cascade »

Sofia wrote:I never understood the whole BRAD PITT IS TEH HOT!!!!!1!1!11! thing. To me he's just blond and bland.
Blasphemy isn't necessary.

What I don't understand...what's so hard about simply drawing all the curtains on an ordinary multimillion-dollar estate, and having any needed drivers pull into a garage?

Not that I blame anyone who wants to see papparazzi get eaten by lions.
Sofia
Padawan Learner

Post by Sofia »

Aeolus wrote:Your as crazy as Uranium
Perhaps! Chelsea Clinton is plain, maybe, but certainly not a "fugly little mutant." That phrase conjures up images of bad acne and dangling eyeballs.
Metrion Cascade wrote:Blasphemy isn't necessary.
What can I say, I have odd taste. I like big noses, big ears, and I prefer dark-haired men. Think Adrien Brody.
Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you? (Walt Whitman)

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." (Tom Stoppard)

Still here I carry my old delicious burdens/I carry them, men and women, I carry them with me wherever I go/I swear it is impossible for me to get rid of them/I am fill'd with them, and I will fill them in return. (Whitman)
JediMaster415
Padawan Learner

Post by JediMaster415 »

Well, you have to give them points for novelty. UNless you count Nero as having tried that.
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Their love child shall be the Chosen One. :wink:
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Uraniun235 wrote:Chelsea Clinton may not be supermodel material, but I am baffled at how anyone with reasonable aesthetic tastes could consider her a "fugly little mutant".

Dude, she looks like Mrs. Pacman from the neck up. It's like they took the chubby roundness of Bill's head and added the horse teeth of Hillary to produce a female I wouldn't fuck with YOUR dick. I keep waiting for the girl to start gobbling down bright yellow spheres while being chased by multi-colored ghosts. She is fugly. Maybe after I've had a few beers... Maybe if the lights are off... Maybe if you drapped a flag over her head I might do her for my country...

But she's so damned ugly they had to hang a pork chop on her neck to get the white house doggie to play with her.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

Um, am I the only one who thinks that pair, while good looking, aren't especially hot? Might be because I think Pitt's a bore and Jolie's lips are kinda freaky.
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

Erik von Nein wrote:Um, am I the only one who thinks that pair, while good looking, aren't especially hot? Might be because I think Pitt's a bore and Jolie's lips are kinda freaky.
Not to mention that Jolie is DIRTY...
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!