Why do people love bashing America?

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Darth Herobrine
BANNED

Why do people love bashing America?

Post by Darth Herobrine »

Why is America always used as a target when discussing politics and international problems? We are not responsible for every single stupid thing other countries do.
Pint0 Xtreme
Jedi Council Member

Re: Why do people love bashing America?

Post by Pint0 Xtreme »

LOL. I can tell that you're going to go far here.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Darth Herobrine wrote:Why is America always used as a target when discussing politics and international problems? We are not responsible for every single stupid thing other countries do.
You'd be very surprised.

Unless you're a troll. :wtf:
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Ok, lets be kind to the chewtoy.

A serious response is people like to go aginst a bully.
America is without a doubt the biggest of the big boys out there. Most powerful, biggest army, most money, etc. As such, people elswhere like to point at a big target and knock it, human nature is to always try and topple the king of the hill, whoever the king may be.

Now of course the OTHER answere is that America is full of bigoted, ignorant, egotistical and jingoistic people who without perhaps being aware of it none the less go out of their way to piss off the rest of the world. We are smug bastards who tend to piss upon the more refined and softer sides of the world. We make wars stir up trouble feed terrosim and are the source of war crimes, like it or not.
Last edited by Crossroads Inc. on 2013-04-16 03:55pm, edited 1 time in total.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
NoXion
Padawan Learner

Post by NoXion »

Darth Herobrine wrote:Why is America always used as a target when discussing politics and international problems?
Because that comes with the territory of being a pre-eminent global power. Or do you think that people didn't bitch about the Pax Britannia or the Roman Empire in their day?
We are not responsible for every single stupid thing other countries do.
Who says you are?

Why do you think people get pissed off with the way the US acts on the world stage? Sheer bloody-mindedness?
Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker - Mikhail Bakunin
Capital is reckless of the health or length of life of the laborer, unless under compulsion from society - Karl Marx
Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value - R. Buckminster Fuller
The important thing is not to be human but to be humane - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

Nova Mundi, my laughable attempt at an original worldbuilding/gameplay project
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

In before inevitable flush...
WhinyRightardBitch wrote:Why is America always used as a target when discussing politics and international problems? We are not responsible for every single stupid thing other countries do.
Yassee, meddling in the affairs of quite a lot of countries might have that effect.
People at birth are naturally good. Their natures are similar, but their habits make them different from each other.
-Sanzi Jing (Three Character Classic)

Saddam’s crime was so bad we literally spent decades looking for our dropped monocles before we could harumph up the gumption to address it
-User Indigo Jump on Pharyngula

O God, please don't let me die today, tomorrow would be so much better!
-Traditional Spathi morning prayer
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Because it makes you sad.

But honestly America is the typical bully that starts fights, gets popped in the nose and runs to the teacher. Then hits you with a drone strike on the walk home from school.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

I would respect rightards a lot more if they weren't so goddamned whiny about shit. Always either playing a big chest-beating gorilla or a snotty crybaby. Cut it out already, ya' shits!
People at birth are naturally good. Their natures are similar, but their habits make them different from each other.

Saddam’s crime was so bad we literally spent decades looking for our dropped monocles before we could harumph up the gumption to address it

Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

It's the combination of AMERICA RULES with oh noes AMERICA the VICTIM that gets a smile out of me.

When I forget all the dead people anyway.
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Stark wrote:It's the combination of AMERICA RULES with oh noes AMERICA the VICTIM that gets a smile out of me.

When I forget all the dead people anyway.
Stop hating us for our FREEDOMS, Strak.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Man do you remember when people totally believed that? Sold on the idea it was your Qu'ran incompatible 'freedoms' that made you a target, and not the sixty years of dirty tricks? Those were the days.
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

Actually I hear more bitching about other countries on a daily basis. But usually people of said countries agree with the usual criticism and mostly ignore the false shitflinging.
So it never leads to any "fun" discussions or whatnot.

But mention something bad about murrica and suddenly there is a lot of someones out there trying to defend it. Which makes it much more versatile as a "got nothing better to do" meme.

For instance take the justice system, if I complain that a jury system of peers is crap most from the anglo-saxon sphere would agree. Like, talk to the Aussies and they agree that it is crap. But if you talk in a forum with murricans then there is usually some uninformed loon who will defend a jury duty system with something along the lines of "if it aint broken" or "what do you have a better idea" or "well its better than whatever you got". That sort of starts the flaming right there.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Stark wrote:Man do you remember when people totally believed that? Sold on the idea it was your Qu'ran incompatible 'freedoms' that made you a target, and not the sixty years of dirty tricks? Those were the days.
The scary part was idiots who believed it. Well, no, it was the people who aren't idiots who believed it.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Aasharu
Youngling

Post by Aasharu »

There are people who still believe it. I work closing shift at a gas station, get a lot of loony people who come through, and I've had people honestly tell me that the Muslims hate us because our country is free, and that we should just bomb the Middle East, since the entire area is hopeless anyways.
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Stark wrote:Man do you remember when people totally believed that? Sold on the idea it was your Qu'ran incompatible 'freedoms' that made you a target, and not the sixty years of dirty tricks? Those were the days.
I heard that line come trotting out last night on a sports talk show after the Boston bombing. It was like seeing an old friend.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

With all the lack of self-awareness and reflection rightards demonstrate on a daily basis I wonder if they can even see themselves in a mirror.

"There's this strange person that looks at me every morning I want to shave...probably some politically correct atheistomuslim jewish liberal who wants to steal my freedumz!"

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Maybe alongside teaching how awesome the American constitution and freedomocracy are they should just put up a big list of all the elections the US tampered with or rigged, coups they started/sponsored and dictators/despots they supported in the past 70 years. Just for a starting reference. Because the Constitution makes it clear than only Americans are deserving of freedom, right?
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

I think recent events have made it clear nobody outside America counts at all, so why should anyone care about CIA literally training leaders to steal elections? They're only stealing elections from subhumans.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Stark wrote:I think recent events have made it clear nobody outside America counts at all, so why should anyone care about CIA literally training leaders to steal elections? They're only stealing elections from subhumans.
Please. When the tsunami hit the Indian Ocean in 2004 the 'today show' ran an entire special episode dedicated to the death of Jerry Orbach. Until they got footage of white people. Then it was all tsunami all the time. As long as white people were in the frame. God forbit it was all brown people, I mean that's barely one step up from a nature show.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Look I'm told brown people die a lot so why would anyone care? They hate us for our freedoms anyway.

That people ignore all kinds of shit that is comfortably far away is pretty much the best part of people screeching 'end of civilization' every time a bad thing hurts humans I mean Americans
Dr. Trainwreck
Jedi Knight

Post by Dr. Trainwreck »

So, Darth Whine, how many assholes you expect to get ripped before you're either booted or leave?
Ποταμοῖσι τοῖσιν αὐτοῖσιν ἐμϐαίνουσιν, ἕτερα καὶ ἕτερα ὕδατα ἐπιρρεῖ. Δὶς ἐς τὸν αὐτὸν ποταμὸν οὐκ ἂν ἐμβαίης.

The seller was a Filipino called Dr. Wilson Lim, a self-declared friend of the M.I.L.F. -Grumman
Darth Herobrine
BANNED

There it is again. :banghead: Bashing an entire country because its not perfect. And Trainwreck, I expect people to be thinking on this thread, not making knee-jerk comments about how terrible America is.

BTW, I'm not being whiny; I'm asking a legit question.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Stark wrote:Look I'm told brown people die a lot so why would anyone care? They hate us for our freedoms anyway.

That people ignore all kinds of shit that is comfortably far away is pretty much the best part of people screeching 'end of civilization' every time a bad thing hurts humans I mean Americans
Yeah, if there's one thing I hear with respect to climate change or resource/pollution limits being reached, it's that we don't have to worry because it's only impacting Buttfuckistan right now, so who cares?

Even if it was in the next state locally, people can compartmentalise that sort of thing really easily until it directly affects them, or someone they know closely.
Darth Herobrine
BANNED

Flagg wrote:
Stark wrote:I think recent events have made it clear nobody outside America counts at all, so why should anyone care about CIA literally training leaders to steal elections? They're only stealing elections from subhumans.
Please. When the tsunami hit the Indian Ocean in 2004 the 'today show' ran an entire special episode dedicated to the death of Jerry Orbach. Until they got footage of white people. Then it was all tsunami all the time. As long as white people were in the frame. God forbit it was all brown people, I mean that's barely one step up from a nature show.
Oh pah-leese, what you're talking about is the freakin' uber-leftist media, not the typical American. And remember that the current US president is brown-skinned. :mrgreen:
Masami von Weizegger
Padawan Learner

Post by Masami von Weizegger »

Darth Herobrine wrote:Oh pah-leese, what you're talking about is the freakin' uber-leftist media, not the typical American. And remember that the current US president is brown-skinned. :mrgreen:
So are the uber-leftist media (?!) merely more racist than "typical" Americans or is it part of their plot to make America look bad in the eyes of the world?
"That a man might embiggen his soul"