Jeremy Clarkson is a Fascist Cunt

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Jeremy Clarkson is a Fascist Cunt

Post by Flagg »

MSNBC
'Top Gear' host says strikers should be shot
Jeremy Clarkson says British public workers have 'gilt-edged' pensions

LONDON — British Prime Minister David Cameron has criticized comments made by "Top Gear" television show presenter Jeremy Clarkson after he said the country's striking public sector strikers be "shot in front of their families."

Clarkson, whose mocking personality helped make the Top Gear automobile show a popular broadcast around the world, was speaking on Wednesday as state workers like nurses, teachers and civil servants were staging a 24-hour strike against government plans to make them pay more and work longer for their pensions.

"I'd have them all shot," the 51-year-old said on the BBC's primetime "One Show."

"I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families," he added. "I mean how dare they go on strike when they have got these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living?"

A BBC spokesman noted the One Show had apologized at the end of the show to viewers who may have been offended.

Cameron who is a friend of the presenter, said on the ITV's Good Morning program the comments were a "silly thing to say."

"I'm sure he didn't mean it," he added.

Unison, the public service trade union, said it would consider taking legal action against the presenter over his "appalling" comments.

Dave Prentis UNISON General Secretary said: "Clarkson's comments on the 'One Show' were totally outrageous, and they cannot be tolerated.

"We are seeking urgent legal advice about what further action we can take against him and the BBC, and whether or not his comments should be referred to the police.

"Whilst he is driving round in fast cars for a living, public sector workers are busy holding our society together -- they save others' lives on a daily basis, they care for the sick, the vulnerable, the elderly."

Unions estimated more than 2 million public sector workers in the UK went on strike over changes to their pensions on Wednesday, though polls showed not all Britons supported them.

Critics of the strike say state pensions compare very favorably with those in the private sector and that public workers should share the pain of belt-tightening measures.

The BBC declined to comment on Unison's statement.

Clarkson is known for his outspokenness. He aroused public anger over comments about former Prime Minister Gordon Brown's partial blindness and over an article in which he said the Welsh language should be abolished.

In February, he was at the center of a diplomatic row after making offensive remarks about Mexico, suggesting the country didn't have an Olympic team, "because anyone who can run jump or swim is already across the (U.S.) border."

Copyright 2011 Thomson Reuters.
What a fuckhead. I'm sure his defenders will come out with "he was just joking", but somehow I doubt he was.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: Jeremy Clarkson is a Fascist Cunt

Post by Mr Bean »

Flagg I think you need to watch more Top Gear as this is par for the course for Clarkson
Wiki wrote:On his chat show, Clarkson, he caused upset to the Welsh by placing a 3D plastic map of Wales into a microwave oven and switching it on. He later defended this by saying, "I put Wales in there because Scotland wouldn't fit.
Watch any episode of Top Gear or his (still running? Since cancelled?) chat and he will call for the death of some group, typically Belgians. His intolerance is well know as is him abusing it for comedic effect.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

The OP's article wrote:"I mean how dare they go on strike when they have got these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living?"
I think it's a valid point, it's just people are focusing on his extra comments than his actual point.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I do watch Top Gear. This is a step too far, though. There's good (or even bad) natured ribbing, but calling for innocent men and women to be shot in front of their families for having the audacity to demand their lives not suck is something the Nazis would do. So he can eat my ass.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:
The OP's article wrote:"I mean how dare they go on strike when they have got these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living?"
I think it's a valid point, it's just people are focusing on his extra comments than his actual point.
Yes, poor hard working Jeremy Clarkson. All the driving of expensive penis compensating cars he has to do and then analyze it. The poor, poor man.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Flagg, you do know that Clarkson is a professional troll, right?
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

There were in fact several calls of 'Jeremy Clarkson for prime minister' at my working lunch today. I think the sentiment in the City is that the public sector (and specifically public sector unions) are blackmailing the country to continue getting very generous pensions while doing almost nothing useful. This is of course somewhat ironic.
evilsoup
Jedi Knight

Post by evilsoup »

He probably was just joking, really. But he's still a complete shit for saying it. Look up the clip on youtube: when he said this, the hosts of the show suddenly look really uncomfortable.

Ugh, if he'd just said the first bit 'I would shoot them all', then I'd write this off as typical Clarkson idiocy. But the fact that he elaborates ... what a complete fuckhead.

Bean, this isn't the same as that Wales thing.
1. On Clarkson's show, he's clearly there as an entertainer, so people are more willing to ut him some slack in that context. This was on a chat show, where they were discussing serious issues (relative to Top Gear)
2. Anti-Welsh stuff is pretty funny because there's no real venom behind it. Unlike these comments.
And also one of the ingredients to making a pony is cocaine. -Darth Fanboy.

My Little Warhammer: Friendship is Heresy - Latest Chapter: 7 - Rainbow Crash
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

So, how good or not ARE the public employee pensions that the public employees are striking to improve? Are they better than the average private sector Englishman can expect?

I think Clarkson's a git on purpose. He mocks America at every turn, but he fucking LOVED his F-15 ride, and oh yeah he spent his own money to buy a Ford GT. Maybe he had one gin&tonic too many before going on set.

Fascist? No, but that's typical over the top Flagg for you.
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Count Chocula wrote: Fascist? No, but that's typical over the top Flagg for you.
Yes, it's pretty fascist, Cunt Cockula. If the first image that comes into your head is jackbooted thugs executing innocent men and women in front of their children after hearing a comment, that's pretty much a fascist comment, retard.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Captain Seafort
Jedi Council Member

Post by Captain Seafort »

Starglider wrote:There were in fact several calls of 'Jeremy Clarkson for prime minister' at my working lunch today.
Because of the comment or because of the frantic hyperventilating from the unions that followed?
Flagg wrote:If the first image that comes into your head is jackbooted thugs executing innocent men and women in front of their children after hearing a comment, that's pretty much a fascist comment
Agreed. This bears no resemblance whatsoever to the image an overweight, middle-aged TV presenter taking the piss for the umpteenth time.
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member

Post by Count Chocula »

Over the top again, Flagg! Woohoo. Go for the trifecta. If you believe that Clarkson is a fascist based on this foofraw, go read a history book. You're as retarded as your avatar.
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Starglider wrote:There were in fact several calls of 'Jeremy Clarkson for prime minister' at my working lunch today.
Because of the comment or because of the frantic hyperventilating from the unions that followed?
Flagg wrote:If the first image that comes into your head is jackbooted thugs executing innocent men and women in front of their children after hearing a comment, that's pretty much a fascist comment
Agreed. This bears no resemblance whatsoever to the image an overweight, middle-aged TV presenter taking the piss for the umpteenth time.

Who cares if he's "taking the piss"? The guy is himself a public employee, though considering this comment maybe the BBC should fire his ass. In front of his family.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Captain Seafort
Jedi Council Member

Flagg wrote:Who cares if he's "taking the piss"?
Everyone with some semblance of a working brain
The guy is himself a public employee, though considering this comment maybe the BBC should fire his ass.
Why should he be fired for doing what he was employed to do?
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member

Post by Count Chocula »

Yeah well Clarkson's a "public employee" only because of England's retarded rules vice broadcasting. If he was publicly fired, in front of his family, he'd have a dozen more lucrative offers in his inbox before the segment finished airing. Imagine how much he could enliven NASCAR as a commentator! :D

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Flagg wrote:Who cares if he's "taking the piss"?
Everyone with some semblance of a working brain
So if I used a pejorative term for a homosexual towards you right now in jest it would be ok? If I advocated that you be shot in front of your family for disagreeing with me it would be ok? You're an idiot.
The guy is himself a public employee, though considering this comment maybe the BBC should fire his ass.
Why should he be fired for doing what he was employed to do?
He was hired to advocate shooting innocents in front of their families? Really? Is that in his contract?
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Clarkson's career appears to be invincible. The bigoted old fart's weathered too many storms for my liking, at his best he's quite a funny guy, but at his worst (and he's often at his worst) he is one cataclysmic wanker that makes my blood boil.
Please, BBC, at least dock his enormous annual pay...
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Count Chocula wrote:Yeah well Clarkson's a "public employee" only because of England's retarded rules vice broadcasting. If he was publicly fired, in front of his family, he'd have a dozen more lucrative offers in his inbox before the segment finished airing. Imagine how much he could enliven NASCAR as a commentator! :D

NASCAR is where he belongs, right with the rest of the stupid people.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Flagg wrote:He was hired to advocate shooting innocents in front of their families? Really? Is that in his contract?
Do you really believe that Jeremy Clarkson actually would shoot/order the shooting of striking workers? I mean seriously? Yes he's an obnoxious (yet often amusing) douche. But taking his comments in the literal sense makes you look like a retard.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Col. Crackpot wrote:
Flagg wrote:He was hired to advocate shooting innocents in front of their families? Really? Is that in his contract?
Do you really believe that Jeremy Clarkson actually would shoot/order the shooting of striking workers? I mean seriously? Yes he's an obnoxious (yet often amusing) douche. But taking his comments in the literal sense makes you look like a retard.

He's advocating it. To the point where the English PM has to respond to his comments.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Captain Seafort
Jedi Council Member

Flagg wrote:He's advocating it. To the point where the English PM has to respond to his comments.
1) England doesn't have a Prime Minster.

2) If I had a quid for every time a senior politician commented on an irrelevancy I'd be a rich bloke.

3) The only reason it even got to Cameron was because of the frantic hyperventilating from the unions.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

So Clarkson has now apologized. He was just kidding. Funny joke, douchebag.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Count Chocula wrote:So, how good or not ARE the public employee pensions that the public employees are striking to improve? Are they better than the average private sector Englishman can expect?
If so, why? Is it that their pensions have gotten better? Or that what used to be traditional pensions have been effectively abolished in the private sector?

On balance, was that a good change? Consider, Chocula, that the loss of pensions in the private sector means increased reliance on welfare benefits for elderly people who want to avoid starving or dying of disease. That puts the burden of keeping them alive squarely on the taxpayer's shoulders, when before it was on their employer's shoulders.

Should we be fighting for less pensions in the public sector, when the pensions and other benefits are the traditional way of compensating public employees for the fact that they get paid less and have less flexibility in their employment? Or should we be fighting to restore pensions in the private sector?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member

Post by Count Chocula »

You're shifting the goalposts, Simon. England's economy is in shit shape, relatively speaking, like the rest of the Western economies. Public sector employees can, by and large, count on being employed continuously by a government agency for 10, 20 or 30 years. Is what they get out of it NOW better than the pension (and, for the sake of argument, the English equivalent of Social Security) that non-governmental workers receive? If they have to work longer or put in a little more under current proposals, are they STILL putting in less than their public sector contemporaries? Clarkson would not have gone off on his rant IMO if the answer to both of those is YES. And he's closer to it than I am.

I think that his professed ire was over the top, but I can't help thinking that there's a kernel of resentment in his head based on facts.

SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Two completely content-free flames have been barreled. I don't want to hear "but he started it", I get that kind of stuff from my kids.

Now I'll unlock this thread, and I want a nice civilized discussion. Okay, that's a little too optimistic, but I do insist that you keep the shit-flinging to a minimum.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.