Voting Experiences

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Voting Experiences

Post by Pu-239 »

Post your voting experiences, where you voted and what/who you voted for here.

I'm in Fairfax, VA (i.e. Fake/Communist Virginia) and I voted:
McCain/Palin[R]
Obama/Biden[D]*
--some third party candidates--

Keith Fimian[R]
Gerry Connolly[D]*

Bonds for Parks
Y
N*

There was a fraudulent email passed out to George Mason University students claiming election day was Nov 5. It seems either the GMU, wiredforchange, or democracyinaction servers got hacked.

Code: Select all

Delivered-To: jhnphm@gmail.com
Received: by 10.103.215.14 with SMTP id s14cs285965muq;
        Mon, 3 Nov 2008 22:38:44 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.214.10.4 with SMTP id 4mr1379387qaj.48.1225780722799;
        Mon, 03 Nov 2008 22:38:42 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <owner-announce04-l@mail04.gmu.edu>
Received: from caduceus2.gmu.edu (caduceus2.gmu.edu [129.174.0.41])
        by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 9si10602379yxs.5.2008.11.03.22.38.42;
        Mon, 03 Nov 2008 22:38:42 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of owner-announce04-l@mail04.gmu.edu designates 129.174.0.41 as permitted sender) client-ip=129.174.0.41;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of owner-announce04-l@mail04.gmu.edu designates 129.174.0.41 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=owner-announce04-l@mail04.gmu.edu
Received: from mercury3.gmu.edu ([129.174.0.44])
 by caduceus2.gmu.edu (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-2.05 (built Apr 28
 2005)) with ESMTP id <0K9S00AP1QFD9E10@caduceus2.gmu.edu> for jhnphm@gmail.com
 (ORCPT jpham4@mail.gmu.edu); Tue, 04 Nov 2008 01:38:01 -0500 (EST)
Received: from caduceus1.gmu.edu ([129.174.0.40])
 by mercury3.gmu.edu (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-2.05 (built Apr 28
 2005)) with ESMTP id <0K9S00LZTQFD38D0@mercury3.gmu.edu> for jhnphm@gmail.com
 (ORCPT jpham4@mail.gmu.edu); Tue, 04 Nov 2008 01:38:01 -0500 (EST)
Received: from cronus.gmu.edu ([129.174.0.112])
 by caduceus1.gmu.edu (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-2.05 (built Apr 28
 2005)) with ESMTP id <0K9S00AZLQ20TAA0@caduceus1.gmu.edu>; Tue,
 04 Nov 2008 01:38:01 -0500 (EST)
Received: from ironport2.gmu.edu (ironport2.gmu.edu [129.174.0.125])
	by cronus.gmu.edu (8.13.4/8.13.4) with ESMTP id mA46S2sG028296; Tue,
 04 Nov 2008 01:28:02 -0500 (EST)
Received: from mail04.gmu.edu ([129.174.0.116]) by ironport2.gmu.edu with
 ESMTP; Tue, 04 Nov 2008 01:28:02 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.GMU.EDU (mail04.gmu.edu [129.174.0.116])
	by mail04.gmu.edu (8.11.7p3+Sun/8.11.7) with ESMTP id mA46S2429050; Tue,
 04 Nov 2008 01:28:02 -0500 (EST)
Received: by LISTSERV.GMU.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.4)
 with spool id 2611076 for ANNOUNCE04-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU; Tue,
 04 Nov 2008 01:26:42 -0500
Received: from ironport2.gmu.edu (ironport2.gmu.edu [129.174.0.125])
 by mail04.gmu.edu (8.11.7p3+Sun/8.11.7) with ESMTP id mA46Gg427221 for
 <ANNOUNCE04-L@mail04.gmu.edu>; Tue, 04 Nov 2008 01:16:42 -0500 (EST)
Received: from m154.prod.democracyinaction.org ([8.15.20.154])
 by ironport2.gmu.edu with ESMTP; Tue, 04 Nov 2008 01:16:42 -0500
Received: from [10.15.20.114]
 ([10.15.20.114:39637] helo=web4.mcl.wiredforchange.com)
 by mailer.mcl.wiredforchange.com (envelope-from <noreply@gmu.edu>)
 (ecelerity 2.2.2.35 r(26825/26826)) with ESMTP id BC/ED-21096-AC8EF094; Tue,
 04 Nov 2008 01:16:42 -0500
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 01:16:42 -0500
Subject: Election Day Update
Sender: ANNOUNCE04-L <ANNOUNCE04-L@mail04.gmu.edu>
To: ANNOUNCE04-L@mail04.gmu.edu
Reply-to: noreply@gmu.edu
Message-id: <23911171.1225779402109.JavaMail.root@web4.mcl.wiredforchange.com>
MIME-version: 1.0
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_J9i4F8uw6xo7tQYJW5i4/g)"
Precedence: list
X-Sender-IP: 129.174.0.116
X-Sender-IP: 8.15.20.154
X_DIA_Originating_IP: : 85.195.123.24
X_DIA_Source: : Host:web4.mcl.wiredforchange.com DB org
X_DIA_Referer: :
X-SENDER-REPUTATION: 4.5
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered: true
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result:
 AooAAD96D0mBrgB0kWdsb2JhbACCRzKRHgEBAQEJCwoHEQStA4YRhEuDU4Mv
X-IronPort-AV: E=Sophos;i="4.33,541,1220241600";   d="scan'208";a="55510750"
X-SENDER-REPUTATION: 3.7
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered: true
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result:
 AogAAP12D0kIDxSaiWdsb2JhbACCRzKRHgEBAQoLCAkQBax6hhCES4NTgy8
X-IronPort-AV: E=Sophos;i="4.33,541,1220241600"; d="scan'208";a="55510203"
Comments: To: ANNOUNCE04-L@mail04.gmu.edu
List-Owner: <mailto:ANNOUNCE04-L-request@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU>
List-Subscribe: <mailto:ANNOUNCE04-L-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU>
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:ANNOUNCE04-L-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU>
List-Help: <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU?body=INFO+ANNOUNCE04-L>

--Boundary_(ID_J9i4F8uw6xo7tQYJW5i4/g)
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

To the Mason Community:

Please note that election day has been moved to November 5th. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Peter N. Stearns
Provost

--Boundary_(ID_J9i4F8uw6xo7tQYJW5i4/g)
Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

To the Mason Community:<BR/><BR/>Please note that election day has been moved to November 5th. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.<BR/><BR/>Peter N. Stearns<BR/>Provost
<BR><BR>

--Boundary_(ID_J9i4F8uw6xo7tQYJW5i4/g)--
Lines at 8AM seemed to be fairly short.

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor
Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Re: Voting Experiences

Post by Pu-239 »

Ghetto Edit: They've switched to paper ballots in VA, although one has the option of using the voting machines (horribly insecure ones). I used the paper ballot. Most of the waiting was for checking in voters and verifying residence/ID.

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Stony Brook, NY and we used those old mechanical machines.

I voted at about 0810 EST straight across Democrat. There was a proposition if passed would allow disabled veterans to receive five extra merit points on their civil exam without needing to receive disability pay from the Department of Veteran Affairs of which I voted yes.

There was a steady stream of people coming in and people took less than half a minute to vote so the line was not piling up. I myself was out of there in less than three minutes from signing in and voting.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I already voted days ago, mailing in an absentee ballot. Hope it got their all right, especially with Colorado as a swing state.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

I voted

Obama/Biden

Jim Matheson (D) for Congress

Yes on both propositions, one for the Zoo, one for the Tracy Aviary

Yes on all the various technical propositions like "fixing the line of succession"
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Florida- waited in line, if you had a sample ballot and a photo ID you could skip the line because checkin was far easier. Unfortunately mine didn't work so I had to stand in line for about 15 minutes. Alltogether I waited only an hour.

Ballot was very simple- I voted straight Democrat save for Sheriff, because the democratic sheriff's advertisements and signs were so stupid as to be punish-worthy. Hope this doesn't mean a redneck will get elected sheriff and start arresting all the blacks in the city. Oh, and my House Race, because there's only two people running:
Republican Dean Cannon, a conservative republican
British Reformed Sectarian Party Thomas Kelly, a conservative republican

You've never heard of the BRS? It's a 1-person minority political party founded in opposition to the 'facism' of the other two parties making their candidates take loyalty oaths to the party upon taking office. Its' platform is "Anti-Hippie, Anti-Thug" and above all else "Anti-Boom Car Stereo". That's the only platform. Oh, and the party is open to only White Christians.

Also voted no on "Ban Gay Marriage, and any Civil Union approaching marriage" that amusingly due to wording also bans straight civil unions. 60% needed to pass means that one will be a long shot this time, but once they try again it'll work. Oh well, it's just florida.

I voted yes on all of the propositions except the constitutional amendment 2 (1 was repealing the unused ability of the legislature to discriminate against immigrants) the one that's an attempt to ramrod a majority for evangelicals on the school board by adding a new seat.

It wasn't a bad experience. Full of tons of old people voting early. One of them told me that India is the home country of Satan. I wasn't aware he had a chthonic birthplace.
Elmca
Youngling

Post by Elmca »

Stafford VA, here. 40 minute lines, but they ran smoothly. In 10 years (and 2 other Presidential Elections), I've never had to wait more than 5 or 6 minutes. Turnout is high all over, according to my co-workers here in Virginia and my relatives and friends up in Pennsylvania.

We had the Presidential candidates (Obama for me), a Senate race (Mark Warner over Jim Gilmore), a House race (Bill Day over Rob Wittman) and a $70 million bond referendum for improving roads (no vote from me--I'm a bit sick of deficit spending).

This is the third consecutive election we've voted down this referendum or one like it.

My daughter, who's up at Mason, got Pu-239's message, but said no one she talked to believed it. She also forgot to mail in her absentee ballot, though, so I've got to run up there to get her so she can vote at home.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Lake County, Indiana. 45 minute wait in line - I've been voting here 10+ years and never had to wait more than 10 minutes before. The wait wasn't due to glitches or anything, just a LOT of people showed up early.

I don't normally discuss my choices, as it is my option to keep my choices private. I usually so opt. The ballot was 6 pages long - the presidential race, Federal congress critters and one Federal senator, ditto for State level, a bunch of judges, local officials, and a county referendum.

They've had electronic voting machines here since the 1990's so we don't have "new tech" issues with them. Is there cheating? Maybe - in this area we've had voter fraud with every time of ballot issued since the 1800's but I don't think it's enough to affect results.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
erik_t
Jedi Master

Post by erik_t »

75 minute wait in a student-heavy area. We use scantron magic. I was #268.
McC
Rabid Monkey

Post by McC »

Waltham, MA. No trouble at all. In and out in about 5 minutes, with no lines to speak of. My girlfriend, who voted in the same place but about an hour before me, said she had to wait for 45 minutes or so. Pre-work rush crowd, presumably. But she reported no issue other than that.
-Ryan McClure-
Scaper - Browncoat - Warsie (semi-movie purist) - Colonial - TNG/DS9-era Trekker - Hero || BOTM - Maniac || Antireligious naturalist
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

East Baton Rouge Parish here, fifteen people in line, five minute wait, people streaming in enough to keep the line. Asked what normal was for the Grannies manning the polling station; they said one person every ten minutes. Earlier there was a 40-minute wait when Dave voted. Again, Pre-work Rush. The ladies kept the whole operation running smoother than a polished canoe shooting a downhill on wet grass.

Walked to the poll with a gentleman I know from up the street (yes he's gay) and when we got there he was taken aback with how many people there were at this particular time of the day. Demographics observed were the small hardcore Old-Biddy Contingent heavily outnumbered by college students, likely from LSU. Again, unprecedented judging by the banter from the poll station crew. Voter suppression, fraud, and campaigning were NOWHERE TO BE SEEN, although a gentlemen behind me talked on his phone to someone about ACORN.

Voted for Barack (duh), a millage for infrastructure improvements, all the Dems I could find, and against what appeared to be an expansion of a blighted-property-seizure law.
Image Image
Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Post by Pu-239 »

Elmca wrote:We had the Presidential candidates (Obama for me), a Senate race (Mark Warner over Jim Gilmore), a House race (Bill Day over Rob Wittman) and a $70 million bond referendum for improving roads (no vote from me--I'm a bit sick of deficit spending).
Haha, I forgot to mention I voted for Mark Warner for some reason :wtf:

Honorable Mention
Padawan Learner

Post by Honorable Mention »

Soontir C'boath wrote:Stony Brook, NY and we used those old mechanical machines.
Rochester, NY. I really hate those machines. I considered a write-in until I learned that a) your write-in vote only counts if it's for an official write-in candidate who filled out paperwork; and b) it's kind of weird in those booths.
"Frank Deford and Jim Rome both lean hard left on almost all social issues, but they openly loathe the proliferation of soccer. And that position is important: For all practical purposes, soccer is the sports equivalent of abortion; in America, hating (or embracing) soccer is the core litmus test for where you exist on the jocko-political continuum."

- Chuck Klosterman
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Southeastern Arizona here. Polls opened at 6 AM and I showed up at 6:10 AM. The line was 100 feet long, and the polling location was a church . . . which funneled everyone into this tiny, tiny little conference room where the local Boy Scout troop meets. Stood in three lines (one to establish ID, one to get a ballot, and one to get into a booth to fill out the ballot,) and felt like I was being passed through the digestive tract of a large, angry animal.

I voted for 'That one,' against Prop 102 (the "ZOMG, lets make marriage between a man and a woman part of the CONSTITUTION!!11 So those ACTIVIST JUDGES can't change the law!" proposition,) returned Giffords (D) to Congress, and wrote myself in for the County Assessor's office.

Took an hour and fifteen minutes. Should've shown up at 7:30, when there wasn't the 100 foot line. Fuckin' aye.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Western Washington, West Sound. I voted for the guy who's going to get Washington's electoral votes anyway, and more importantly (because the governor's race is actually going to be close) I voted for Gregoire. Also voted no to Initiative 985 (opening HOV lanes to everybody defeats the purpose of HOV lanes, you fucking morons! And we don't need money permanently reserved to synchronize lights in Horsefucker Town or improve traffic flow in Radioactive Potato Farm when we need to be investing heavily into public transit before we run out of oil) yes to 1000 (basically Oregon's Right to Die law, except with "Washington" instead of "Oregon") and no to...I forget what number it was, but it was basically to requiring a whole lot more certification for long term care nurses (because when you have a shortage of nurses, you should make it harder to get more of them).

Also, I did all of this weeks ago and mailed in my nice, simple, paper ballot. It's all mail-in here, unless you're some crotchety old biddy who thinks it doesn't count unless you inconvenience yourself and go to an actual polling place instead of doing it at your convenience at home. (Yes, I'm going to keep pimping this mail-in system.)
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Boise, Idaho:

Our usual voting place is a Junior High school, but the old one was torn down and a new one is built, but the auditorium is not yet finished. So it was held across the street in a church.

It was disasterous. The church is small, too small for the massive turnout, and the overwhelmed poll workers clearly did not plan ahead. They didn't think to ask if people were registered to vote already, and formed a pair of hasty lines for registering new voters. The place was a jumbled mass of people standing in several lines that crossed one another, some running right next to the voting booths.

As confusing as it was, it went relatively quickly, and thanks to early voting 50% of our county had already cast ballots. But the other 50% represents a large number of people, and if they don't get their heads out it'll be a long, frustrating day.

I'm glad I took an hour and a half off from mornign work to get it over and done with; I shudder to think of what it's going to be like in there later.

But my part is done-- VETERANS FOR OBAMA.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Did you vote against that idiotic proposition designed to create a constitutional challenge to any attempt at Universal Health Care (the one about "not abridging the free right to choose health care" or what not)? I think I remember hearing that that was on the Arizona ballot.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

EDIT: My post was intended as a response to GrandMasterTerwynn.
-Jean-Luc Picard

-Margaret Atwood
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Guardsman Bass wrote:Did you vote against that idiotic proposition designed to create a constitutional challenge to any attempt at Universal Health Care (the one about "not abridging the free right to choose health care" or what not)? I think I remember hearing that that was on the Arizona ballot.
Yep. Voted against that one too.
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

I'm in Boston, but my hometown is an hour and a half west of here, so I went absentee. Voted Democrat across the board. Against the repeal of the income tax, for the decrminalization of pot, against banning greyhound races.
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Fleet Admiral JD wrote:against banning greyhound races.
Good heavens man, why?
McC
Rabid Monkey

Post by McC »

GrandMasterTerwynn wrote:
Fleet Admiral JD wrote:against banning greyhound races.
Good heavens man, why?
I voted for the ban, but one of my roommates voted against it as well. His reasoning is that in MA, race dogs are treated a lot better than they are elsewhere, and if dogracing was banned in MA, those dogs would only get shipped off to worse places. I haven't done enough research to know if this argument is valid or not, but it was enough to give me pause when it came time to mark down my answer.
-Ryan McClure-
Scaper - Browncoat - Warsie (semi-movie purist) - Colonial - TNG/DS9-era Trekker - Hero || BOTM - Maniac || Antireligious naturalist
WesFox13
Padawan Learner

Post by WesFox13 »

Well, I filled out my absentee ballot last night, with my family at the table. Here's what I voted for in the Washington State Election.

Presidental: Barack Obama and Joe Biden (D)
Governatoral: Christine Gregoire (D)
I-1029 (Background checks for assistants to elderly and disabled): Yes
I-1000(Aid in dying measure, would give adult and compitient patients with less than 6 months to live an option for the doctor to give lethal amounts of medicine to induce death): No
I-985(Transportation Measure, open up HOV lanes at off-peak trafic hours, traffic light sryncrozation, Increase roadside assistance funding, and other taxes to help out the transportation in washington state): Yes
congress Rep. district 8: Dave Reichart (R) (Only did it so little bro could get a chance to get into Naval Academy)
King County Charter Amendment 2 (Adding disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression to prohibited grounds of Discrimination): Yes

Well, that's all of the things I remember singing on my ballot, I did fill it out completely I just only remembered those ones.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.90

Designation: Libertarian Left (Social Democrat/Democratic Socialist)
Alignment: Chaotic-Good
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Limerick Township, Montgomery County, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, United States of America:

I voted at an elementary school (my usual polling place) and had about a 5 minute wait. There were about a dozen poll volunteers and a sparse but steady line of voters. I was actually asked to show my Certificate of Voter Registration (which I had with me, as usual). I have voted in every Presidential election since then and most local elections and this was the first time I was asked for my registration since I first voted in 1992.

Anyway, I voted Democrat across the board (well, down actually) and also on a question:
Referendum Act-64 Water and Sewer Improvements Bond Referendum

Do you favor the incurring of indebtedness by the Commonwealth of $400,000,000 for grants and loans to municipalities and public utilities for the cost of all labor, materials, necessary operational machinery and equipment, lands, property, right and easements, plans and specifications, surveys, estimates of costs and revenues, prefeasibility studies, engineering and legal services and all other expenses necessary or incident to the acquisition, construction, improvement, expansion, extension, repair or rehabilitation of all or part of drinking water system, storm water, nonpoint source projects, nutrient credits and wastewater treatment system projects?

It was nice to actually be able to vote after all of this nonsense.
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

The place I vote in in a predominately black area.....

Went in to vote, no line outside....I though a good sign.
NO!! It is in an intermediate school and the entire auditorium is filled.
Yelling and scream as well! Immediately my stress started building.
As well, I am a Type II Diabetic. No way I can wait 2+ hours without having anything to eat (had not grabbed any breakfast.) Stayed ten minutes and just left.

May try again around 1330 to 1400 but if not, will be the first time in 12 years that I have not voted
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)