Just another day in Northern Virginia...

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Just another day in Northern Virginia...

Post by Lonestar »

Package with body parts foound on train tracks

Remains found in package on Va. train tracks
Wednesday - 9/19/2012, 11:12pm ET
WASHINGTON - A package containing remains found on train tracks in Manassas Park caused confusion and transportation delays Wednesday night.

Initially, Virginia Railway Express said the remains, which were found in a suspicious package on the tracks in Prince William County, were human.

But WTOP has learned the remains may be that of an animal.

However, John C. Evans, police chief for the City of Manassas Park said they can't confirm if the parts were animal or human at this time.

And, while officials wouldn't confirm what body part was found, VRE officials say it wasn't a head.

VRE trains on the route stopped while Manassas Park police investigated the scene.

Officials are advising passengers to call friends or family and get picked up. A couple trains are offloading at Burke, according to a tweet from VRE just after 8 p.m. Wednesday.

Just before 10:30 p.m. Wednesday night, VRE sent the following Tweet:

Some passengers report they've received vouchers for future trips.
And, while officials wouldn't confirm what body part was found, VRE officials say it wasn't a head

I'm betting a penis. Who else wants to start a pool?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: Just another day in Northern Virginia...

Post by madd0ct0r »

heart.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Either a hand or a foot. These are small enough to neatly fit in a box and much easier to get to than internal organs.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

A testicle. Specifically a left testicle.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

And in WV, a woman's body was found in the trunk of a car
Turns out she OD'd.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet