150 armed Militia occupy federal property in Oregon.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Re: 150 armed Militia occupy federal property in Oregon.

Post by Joun_Lord »

Flagg wrote:Because I don't see any whining and mewling when people want to wipe out ISIS or the Taliban when they blow up thousands of years old archeological finds and monuments because it supposedly makes Allah's asshole itch.

And cops and soldiers know their jobs could cost them their lives when they volunteer.

How are the Bundy fuckers any different than ISIS anyway, really? Other than not being strong enough to kill the people they don't like in new (or old) horrifying ways?

You stop the bud before it blooms, because the type of shit the Taliban's, ISIS's, and Bundy's preach catches fast. And when their acts of lawlessness go unchecked but the acts within the law of others diametrically opposed to them get smashed, which is what was happening, shit gets real bad, real fast.

So excuse the fuck out of me for wanting to live in civilization instead of a lawless hellscape where one day I live because the people in control of the territory I live on have no problem with people like me, but I get crucified the next because the warlord next door has the strength to kick the old regime out and maybe doesn't like Atheists who don't like hate groups who refuse to do what civilization is founded on: Paying taxes.

Plenty of people were whining and complaining about ISIS when they blew up the monuments, sometimes to ridiculous degrees, but plenty of other people were complaining about the fact ISIS was murdering scores of innocent people, enslaving, torturing, and raping so goddamn many people. Because some people, rightfully or wrongly, found it worse when ISIS was killing people then blowing up shit because Allah said make it so.

Thats exactly how they are different too. The Bundy bunch might be a Klan of repellent criminal jackasses but they haven't killed anyone, though in LaVoy's case not for lack of trying. Its the difference between a career thief who threatens people and a murderer. Both are bad but very few people would argue for the death penalty for the former. Law tends to practice proportionate response usually. They were strong enough to kill people, they had the guns and numbers to charge the police lines with guns blazing. They chose not to. They, with the exception of Finicum, chose not to take lives. They might have in the future and they did verbally threaten lives but the fact they did not despite means and motives and mooses is a definite differences between they and ISIS. That and ISIS has a fancy name and to my knowledge the Malheur Occupiers did not really.

They might be saying shit and doing some terribad shit but certainly not to the extent of ISIS. And furthermore them saying shit is not illegal. We don't "stop the bud" of people saying horribly, horribly terrible shit just because we don't like it. At most you can stop them when they are making threats but thats about it, as well it should be. We shouldn't sacrifice our rights over people we don't like, especially then really. Imagine if the people that are designated as people we don't like we Atheists or people who liked the Mass Effect 3 ending or whomever else. If they people in charge could stop the bud of Bundy saying stupid shit, came down like a bag of hammers on him, then certainly some Atheist who says something shitty about Christians could come under the hammers next.

Bundy and his stupid fuck followers have the right to say their insane drivel, to speak ill of the US government, to say they love fucking cows over the trampled remains of desert tortoises, and them there Native Injuns have no rights to the land or artifacts because the white ranchers have claim to that stuff because they were there first apparently or something. Just as I have the right as an Atheist to say that Christianity is terribl........y misused by some adherents and you have the right as a Havoc American to say Bundy as his group are a bunch of fucktards who needs smacked with the swinging dick of Johnny Law.

And as demonstrated by Bundy, his cum splatters, and the shit stains they call followers all getting arrested their lawlessness didn't go unchecked. Its just the gubmint waited until it was the right time to take them in, when they were the least danger to themselves or others.

And and while cops and soldiers know they expend their lives in the line of Dooty that certainly doesn't mean they should be sent into a situation sure to get them killed especially when there is a non-violent alternative. No offense and if I am misinterpreting your statement I apologize but frankly my dear wanting to send in the police just because they know they might get killed and because you are too impatient to wait for a situation to be resolved in fraking frelling fucking stupid yo.

Yes the cops could die while on the job but in this case as demonstrated by the outcome they did not have to. There was no reason to send in the Federal jackboot stormtroopers to liberate the shit out of the Malheur reserve, they was no reason to risk their lives or the lives of the idiot ass motherfuckers creating this situation beyond misplaced bloodlust and impatience.

The situation was resolved with a raid, without even a full New York legal magazine of ammo expended, and with only one death that was the result of suicide by cop.

Thats a damn good outcome.

But think of what the outcome would have been if they had done what you are wanting? If they had sent in the troops? If they had cut off supplies and made the idiots desperate? If they had cut off the internet so the idiots couldn't broadcast how fucked in the head they are and how the cops were the good guys?

I'm sure alot more then some idiot who hates the government but loves the money they give him to run his foster farm would have died. I'm sure damage to the artifacts and the reserve would have been much greater. I'm hypothesize possibly you but certainly other would have been bitching about how the cops killed a bunch of people who didn't do much more then squat and say stupid shit and bitch how a raid destroyed thousands of artifacts.

Dude, this was the best outcome for the lives involved, for the artifacts, for the chirpin' birds and the nation as a whole.

Well beyond Bundy and his fellow asscunts not doing this shit in the first place.
jwl
Jedi Master

Post by jwl »

The Romulan Republic wrote: If nothing else, the average non-Native American will probably be more familiar with the Smithsonian or the Library of Congress than native artifacts and thus potentially have a stronger emotional connection to them, even if intellectually they regard them as being of equal value.
But they aren't of equal value though. Not all artifacts are equally historically important, and the artifacts on the federal property are less historically important than the ones in he libary of congress.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Well, yes, you can say not all artifacts are of equal value. Perhaps I oversimplified their.

My point was that the average American might have more of an attachment to, say, the Library of Congress for reasons of personal bias, regardless of weather it rationally makes sense.

Though I suspect you'd get a lot of argument over which artifacts are more valuable depending on who you asked. Someone who is from the culture in question might attach greater value to those Native American artifacts than you do. And I'd rather not get into a debate over which is objectively more valuable.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Flagg wrote:
Broomstick wrote:
Flagg wrote:How are the Bundy fuckers any different than ISIS anyway, really? Other than not being strong enough to kill the people they don't like in new (or old) horrifying ways?
Well, let's see - they haven't systematically enslaved and raped women, they haven't burned anyone alive, they haven't beheaded anyone, they don't seem interested in torture... Yeah, a few differences.

Here's the thing - if the FBI went in guns blazing there was the possibility the Johnny Rebs might have burned the place down around themselves while going out in a blaze of glory, which would have really trashed any valuable artifacts in the building, wouldn't it?

As viscerally satisfying as storming the castle and kicking ass might be, this method might actually result in both less loss of life and less loss of artifacts in the long run.
Hey look, Broomstick can't read!
Flagg wrote:How are the Bundy fuckers any different than ISIS anyway, really? Other than not being strong enough to kill the people they don't like in new (or old) horrifying ways?
Speaking of skimming - you seemed to have totally missed the part about NOT ENSLAVING AND SYSTEMATICALLY RAPING WOMEN. So back at ya, fuckhead. Unless you don't think being a sex slave is evil - do you?

I'm remembering past Authorities vs. Fuckwits situations where the one party or the other managed to burn down the building where the showdown took place. Like Waco and the 1985 MOVE bombing in Philadelphia. My point still stands - an open confrontation risked that sort of result, which would have done a fuckton more damage to delicate artifacts that a couple of bubbas rubbing their fingers over the objects. Is that going to happen every time the authorities go in guns blazing? No - but it's a risk.

The last few to leave the building at Malheur told the FBI there were boody-traps - what sort hasn't been reported, but it's not beyond plausibility that these asshats had notions of burning the place down during/after a firefight.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Broomstick wrote:
Flagg wrote:
Broomstick wrote: Well, let's see - they haven't systematically enslaved and raped women, they haven't burned anyone alive, they haven't beheaded anyone, they don't seem interested in torture... Yeah, a few differences.

Here's the thing - if the FBI went in guns blazing there was the possibility the Johnny Rebs might have burned the place down around themselves while going out in a blaze of glory, which would have really trashed any valuable artifacts in the building, wouldn't it?

As viscerally satisfying as storming the castle and kicking ass might be, this method might actually result in both less loss of life and less loss of artifacts in the long run.
Hey look, Broomstick can't read!
Speaking of skimming - you seemed to have totally missed the part about NOT ENSLAVING AND SYSTEMATICALLY RAPING WOMEN. So back at ya, fuckhead. Unless you don't think being a sex slave is evil - do you?

I'm remembering past Authorities vs. Fuckwits situations where the one party or the other managed to burn down the building where the showdown took place. Like Waco and the 1985 MOVE bombing in Philadelphia. My point still stands - an open confrontation risked that sort of result, which would have done a fuckton more damage to delicate artifacts that a couple of bubbas rubbing their fingers over the objects. Is that going to happen every time the authorities go in guns blazing? No - but it's a risk.

The last few to leave the building at Malheur told the FBI there were boody-traps - what sort hasn't been reported, but it's not beyond plausibility that these asshats had notions of burning the place down during/after a firefight.
No, they just use their women as human shields.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I'm not convinced there were women and/or children at Malheur anything more than briefly, and of the women that were there - were they "shields" or were they fellow occupiers?

In any case - "human shield" isn't nearly as brutal as "slave and fucktoy".
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

You also again missed the part about them not being strong enough to get away with those types of atrocities. But oh, I just said kill and didn't specifically mention rape! Because it's not like following Bronze Age bullshit, using women as human shields, and brutally killing people would generally include rape. But poor old Broomstick just needs everything spelled out to her, I guess. Tiny minds... :lol:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

As a special aside, Broomstick, the subtle insinuation as insult that I might not have a problem with the rape and torture of women, given my personal and family history is beyond the pale. Frankly, despite how god damned stupid and smug you are on a constant basis I figured such a thing to be beneath you. I guess I was wrong.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Maybe if you weren't such an asshat about everything lately ...seriously, Flagg, what the fuck is wrong with you these days?

You flatter yourself that I keep notes on your "personal and family history". In fact, given your attitude lately, I no longer give a fuck about your "personal and family history". Why should I have consideration for someone who takes the opportunity every other post to insult and belittle me?

But hey, keep backpedaling and acting butthurt when someone answers your questions with a different opinion than yours. There is, in fact, substantial different between Bumbling Bubbas and ISIS. I'm not the one advocating a full-on attack by the authorities on a bunch of whining poseurs.

Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Why the fuck are we even arguing about this, anyway? So far as I can tell, there's absolutely zero evidence that the militia goons even did anything to damage the artifacts, at least not deliberately. They weren't going through and systematically smashing things, and they never even stated an intention of doing so, so all of these idiotic comparisons to ISIS and self-righteous appeals to white privilege are as stupid as they are irrelevant. There is one video of them handling the artifacts, which certainly carries a potential for the damage, but they weren't deliberately damaging or destroying them (and, in fact, the entire reason they released that video was as a PR jab against the federal government for improperly storing those artifacts in the first place ... the militia WANTED the local tribes on their side during this whole debacle, so there is, again, zero evidence or suspicion that the were going to do anything to the artifacts).

Yes, it is important to keep the heritage of the Native Americans alive and ensure that the artifacts stored there haven't been damaged or destroyed. Without clear evidence that the militia were actually doing anything to endanger these artifacts, no, their lives are not suddenly meaningless as Flagg (and possibly Thanas? Not clear on his stance) presume. This is not even remotely similar to ISIS, whose stated goal is to destroy historical treasures. It's not comparable.

And, yes, as Broomstick says, it's pretty amusing that Flagg enjoys his tough-guy posturing and viciously insulting everyone in sight, regardless of context, but throws a tantrum once someone says something that offends him personally. What a delicate little snowflake.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Broomstick wrote:Maybe if you weren't such an asshat about everything lately ...seriously, Flagg, what the fuck is wrong with you these days?

You flatter yourself that I keep notes on your "personal and family history". In fact, given your attitude lately, I no longer give a fuck about your "personal and family history". Why should I have consideration for someone who takes the opportunity every other post to insult and belittle me?
Seriously. You know how people made fun of Broomstick for her habit of shoving anecdotes about her life and her experiences into discussions that really don't have much to do with them and being convinced that her opinion is worth hearing on every subject under the sun even when she doesn't know a damned thing about it?

That's you Flagg. You are the new Broomstick.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Broomstick wrote:Maybe if you weren't such an asshat about everything lately ...seriously, Flagg, what the fuck is wrong with you these days?

Because you introduced a red herring about sex slaves into a topic about nutjobs taking over a mountain and a discussion about whether ancient artifacts part of a damn near destroyed culture are more valuable to civilization than those who would destroy civilization?
Because when I pointed out they are also religious extremists who were willing to use women and children as human shields you insinuated that I didn't give a shit about treating women as sex objects to be used and raped when I've said more than once on this board and testingstan over the years that my father was a degenerate rapist who did exactly that to my mother and 2 of his prepubescent female stepchildren and I have a hard time believing you don't know?
Ralin wrote:Seriously. You know how people made fun of Broomstick for her habit of shoving anecdotes about her life and her experiences into discussions that really don't have much to do with them and being convinced that her opinion is worth hearing on every subject under the sun even when she doesn't know a damned thing about it?

That's you Flagg. You are the new Broomstick.
Yeah, I don't do that at all.

I give anecdotes when I think it's relevant to show that I know what it was like for me from my personal experiences about certain issues, when it's relevant as do many others. I've never claimed to be an expert on anything or that I have more knowledge on subjects than experts and professionals in certain fields do. Like the trigger/safe space thread. Or when scum like Broomstick derail a thread to attack me.

But I'm sorry that I've irritated you enough over the past week that you felt the need to show up to post an ad hominem and join in the dogpile.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:Why the fuck are we even arguing about this, anyway? So far as I can tell, there's absolutely zero evidence that the militia goons even did anything to damage the artifacts, at least not deliberately.
The artifacts in the reserve were possibly not damaged, atleast we don't know yet whether or not they were until the FBI and BLM go through the place with a fine tooth comb to see what was damaged and what was stolen and what was bags of dicks. However protected archeologically sites with artifacts were damaged by them running around all willy nilly with stolen trucks and quads and by bulldozing various sections of the reserve fencing.

Beyond the confirmed bulldozing, it is currently unconfirmed what other damages they did. Considering their disregard for the Native Americans in both words (essentially saying the had not rights to the land because the white man ejected them from it and they weren't doing anything productive with it anyway) and actions by finger fucking the artifacts in the reserve and bulldoze fuck the sites leads many to worry quite a bit about what damages they could have done.

Not only damages either, selling Native America artifacts is a lucrative business. One of the reasons Malheur was set up was to protect the Native stuff from being looted by idiots nabbing shit to sell. Its not exactly a stretch to think these boobs might have grabbed some shit and tossed it up on ebay to help fund their Great American Revolution and Redneck Rampage.

It doesn't help that the same people including atleast Ryan Bundy have a history of callous disregard for Native artifacts, earlier in 2014 riding quads (or as they are called in my native tongue, four wheelers) in Recapture Canyon in Utah through Pueblo Indian ruins and artifacts.

However they weren't, as far as we know, just going around deliberately smashing stuff to look tough like ISIS making comparisons beyond to make fun of the fucks less then apt. But they still did damage shit, just through disregard rather then purpose.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:And, yes, as Broomstick says, it's pretty amusing that Flagg enjoys his tough-guy posturing and viciously insulting everyone in sight, regardless of context, but throws a tantrum once someone says something that offends him personally. What a delicate little snowflake.
Sorry, but calling people variations of "stupid" and "asshole" are "vicious insults" as opposed to "run of the mill insults" on this site? They equate to the vile personal shit I've pointed out, how? And sorry, but calling someone on their shit, as I did, is not being a precious little snowflake. Now if I had reported her and whined for mods to get involved, that would be a different story.

And now that Joun has effectively refuted your content-less, source-less, and overall nonsense-laden vendetta post, can the people who are actually wanting to discuss the asshat Traitor Bundy Bunch continue?
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Joun_Lord wrote:
Ziggy Stardust wrote:Why the fuck are we even arguing about this, anyway? So far as I can tell, there's absolutely zero evidence that the militia goons even did anything to damage the artifacts, at least not deliberately.
The artifacts in the reserve were possibly not damaged, atleast we don't know yet whether or not they were until the FBI and BLM go through the place with a fine tooth comb to see what was damaged and what was stolen and what was bags of dicks. However protected archeologically sites with artifacts were damaged by them running around all willy nilly with stolen trucks and quads and by bulldozing various sections of the reserve fencing.

Beyond the confirmed bulldozing, it is currently unconfirmed what other damages they did. Considering their disregard for the Native Americans in both words (essentially saying the had not rights to the land because the white man ejected them from it and they weren't doing anything productive with it anyway) and actions by finger fucking the artifacts in the reserve and bulldoze fuck the sites leads many to worry quite a bit about what damages they could have done.

Not only damages either, selling Native America artifacts is a lucrative business. One of the reasons Malheur was set up was to protect the Native stuff from being looted by idiots nabbing shit to sell. Its not exactly a stretch to think these boobs might have grabbed some shit and tossed it up on ebay to help fund their Great American Revolution and Redneck Rampage.

It doesn't help that the same people including atleast Ryan Bundy have a history of callous disregard for Native artifacts, earlier in 2014 riding quads (or as they are called in my native tongue, four wheelers) in Recapture Canyon in Utah through Pueblo Indian ruins and artifacts.

However they weren't, as far as we know, just going around deliberately smashing stuff to look tough like ISIS making comparisons beyond to make fun of the fucks less then apt. But they still did damage shit, just through disregard rather then purpose.
ISIS comparisons aren't really meant to be a direct comparison, at least not IMO. It's the general attitude of lawlessness and disregard for other cultures that makes the comparison apt, if not exact.

I'd liken it to calling the Tea Party the American Taliban.

And in any case, I think they were essentially holding them hostage in an attemp to get what they wanted, which is essentially "all the infrastructure, land, and anything else, but without having to pay a dime in taxes". The ultimate welfare queens.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

Flagg wrote:ISIS comparisons aren't really meant to be a direct comparison, at least not IMO. It's the general attitude of lawlessness and disregard for other cultures that makes the comparison apt, if not exact.

I'd liken in to calling the Tea Party the American Taliban.
Making a comparison is fine, especially to insult the fucks, because there are some tangential similarities between Occupy Malheur and Occupy Iraq and Syria. Both are armed assholes who have no regards for laws, both tend to have religion very important to them (though there seems to be some debate whether Mormonism or bog standard Christianity is the name of the game for Malheur), both are a bunch of men dressing in camo and trying to start their own separate community, both are damaging or destroying artifacts either directly or just through disregard, both seemed obsessed with suicide and fighting the government, and both tend to have a significant online presence.

But the comparison is a bit more direct when someone axe how they are any different, implying with implications that they are the same. Because while there are similarities, they are not the same. There are similarities between Occupy Wall Street and Occupy Malheur but they are not the same. You can find similarities between nerds and ISIS but certainly they are considerably different, nerds die as virgins while ISIS dies to get virgins and there is probably some correlation between those facts.

Saying the Bundy bunch is the same as ISIS super cereal like much like how those gamergate assholes said Kotaku is ISIS and the anti-gamergate assholes implied gamergate is the same as ISIS just does not work.

Now a non serious poke at them by comparing them to a bunch of murderous, regressive, destructive, fucktards works. Because its not implying they are the same, its not implying they need the same response, its not implying anything beyond the fact there are some similarities between the two groups that is sure to get their flannel panties in a twist because they view themselves as the heroes and don't much care to be compared to those "dirty darkies" in Iraqistan.

Though I'll admit I'm a bit biased about insults towards the Bundy bunch. Watching that video about the guy receiving the bag of dicks had me laughing so hard I almost passed out. Such mirth does it bring me seeing those fucking cocksuckers squirm. I swear I was downright giddy when I heard fucking goddamn motherfucker pissfuck shitknocker Cliven Bundy was arrested.
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

Whelp apparently the brave defenders of liberty and freedom and eaters of dicks at Malheur were not just content with messing with and damaging Native stuff but decided to literally shit on them too.
The FBI said it has found a trench of human feces and a road excavated on or next to a sensitive cultural site with artifacts at the Oregon wildlife refuge where armed men staged a standoff with authorities, according to court records filed on Tuesday.

The filing came after the FBI on Friday said it was working with the Burns Paiute Tribe to identify damage to the tribe's artifacts and sacred burial grounds at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge during the six-week occupation.

Evidence teams began processing the crime scenes at the refuge on Saturday, two days after the final occupiers surrendered, and the process will last about three weeks, according to the document submitted in Oregon federal court on Tuesday.

U.S. Attorney Billy Williams of Oregon wrote in the filing that investigators found "significant amounts of human feces" in a trench at an outdoor camping area that was either on or next to a "sensitive cultural site."

"Occupiers appear to have excavated two large trenches and an improvised road on or adjacent to grounds containing sensitive artifacts," he wrote.

Williams also said in the filing - which was a response to occupiers' requests to have their attorneys allowed onto the site - that firearms and explosives were found, and it was feared vehicles and buildings could be booby trapped.

He said he would be willing to allow Bundy's legal team onto the site once authorities are finished processing it and before it is reopened to the public.

The takeover, which began on Jan. 2, was sparked by the return to prison of two Oregon ranchers convicted of setting fires that spread to federal property near the refuge.

It was led by brothers Ammon and Ryan Bundy, who were arrested in January along with other protesters on their way to speak at a community meeting in John Day, Oregon.

A spokesman for the group, Robert "LaVoy" Finicum, was shot dead during the stop.

The final four occupiers surrendered on Thursday with David Fry, 27, repeatedly threatening suicide in a dramatic final phone call with mediators before he gave up. All 12 people arrested in connection with the standoff will face charges of conspiracy to impede federal officers, according to the FBI.

The cost of the standoff will likely run into the millions of dollars, with local and state agencies looking to the federal government - and the arrested occupiers - to shoulder the bulk of the bills.
Why? The cops didn't cut off utilities so they had bathrooms with running water. This just sounds like blatant douchebaggery.

Should send in fucking Cliven Bundy to clean the shit out with his bare hands, he seems to be an expert in bullshit so he shouldn't have much of a problem with human shit.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Flagg wrote:Or when scum like Broomstick derail a thread to attack me.
Ooo, poor pwecious princess - you want trigger warnings on threads now? Want the big mean bitch to stop calling you an asshat?

Get over yourself.

Here's a clue: if multiple people are calling you an asshat, the problem just might be you.
But I'm sorry that I've irritated you enough over the past week that you felt the need to show up to post an ad hominem and join in the dogpile.
Riiiiiiiight.... because you haven't ad hominem'd me this past week... like in that first quote right up there at the top of this post when you call me scum.

You asked for a difference between ISIS and The Bubbas. I gave you a few. You got butthurt. Too fucking bad. Next time, if you don't want an answer, don't ask.

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

The filing came after the FBI on Friday said it was working with the Burns Paiute Tribe to identify damage to the tribe's artifacts and sacred burial grounds at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge during the six-week occupation.
I'm glad someone is consulting with the original owners of the place.
Evidence teams began processing the crime scenes at the refuge on Saturday, two days after the final occupiers surrendered, and the process will last about three weeks, according to the document submitted in Oregon federal court on Tuesday.
I think this is a prelude to the Feds charging these asshats with every possible thing in the book. Basically, I think part of the strategy was to give them enough rope to hang themselves.
U.S. Attorney Billy Williams of Oregon wrote in the filing that investigators found "significant amounts of human feces" in a trench at an outdoor camping area that was either on or next to a "sensitive cultural site."

"Occupiers appear to have excavated two large trenches and an improvised road on or adjacent to grounds containing sensitive artifacts," he wrote.
Joun_Lord wrote:Why? The cops didn't cut off utilities so they had bathrooms with running water. This just sounds like blatant douchebaggery.
Yes, it was blatant douchebaggery.

These guys have contempt for anyone but themselves. Which is why I find it funny that they declared a revolution and no one showed up to fight except a few cowards who ran home with their tails between their legs at the first sign of difficulty.

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Broomstick wrote:
I think this is a prelude to the Feds charging these asshats with every possible thing in the book. Basically, I think part of the strategy was to give them enough rope to hang themselves.
Weren't they pointing rifles at the police after seizing federal property? How much more rope is needed here?

If they threatened to sneeze on the Declaration of Independence or Lincoln's hat I wager Seal Team Six would have been sent in. :P
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Broomstick wrote:
Flagg wrote:Or when scum like Broomstick derail a thread to attack me.
Ooo, poor pwecious princess - you want trigger warnings on threads now? Want the big mean bitch to stop calling you an asshat?

Get over yourself.

Here's a clue: if multiple people are calling you an asshat, the problem just might be you.
What do trigger warnings have to do with the Bundy Bunch and native artifacts?

If the multiple people calling me an asshat are themselves chronic asshats, I don't give a fuck what they say.

And if you think that attacking my manhood (which is hilarious coming from the same person who had enough of a fit over women being used as sex objects and me apparently not being sensitive enough on that subject that they personally attacked me based on their knowledge of my personal history, which you just confirmed you did by the way) will make me angry or something, then you must have me mistaken with homophobic bigots.

This reply fully illustrates why no one takes you seriously, as the clueless hypocrisy shown is just more of the same ignorant bullshit you spew and always have.
Riiiiiiiight.... because you haven't ad hominem'd me this past week... like in that first quote right up there at the top of this post when you call me scum.
You asked for a difference between ISIS and The Bubbas. I gave you a few. You got butthurt. Too fucking bad. Next time, if you don't want an answer, don't ask.
No, I didn't "get butthurt" because you brought up a difference (one that I think is only a difference because they can't get away with it, but they can use their women as human shields). I got angry when you found my reply inadequate and then used the issue to attack me based on my personal life, something I find beyond the pale.

And you are scum because first you accuse me of not caring about rape and sex slavery, fully knowing my past on those issues (I would liken it to insulting someone's dead family member), then you start using misogynist and homophobic taunts. You're a fucking idiot in addition to being scum. And the best part is, you are so dishonest that you took a post addressed to a completely different member and pretended it was addressed at you.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Flagg wrote:No, I didn't "get butthurt" because you brought up a difference (one that I think is only a difference because they can't get away with it, but they can use their women as human shields).
Provide some supporting evidence that the Bubbas want to enslave women and rape them. I really doubt their women are helpless little human shields because I saw no evidence of said women being held against their will. Indeed, it seems the women all left and took the kids with them, so just how much shielding was going on there?
And the best part is, you are so dishonest that you took a post addressed to a completely different member and pretended it was addressed at you.
If you post on a public forum you don't get to pick and choose who replies to it.

Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Being consistent is hard, I really don't like these guys but everyone deserves to not have the media not spread disinformation about them.

Digging a trench to sh*t in is standard practice whenever anyone goes camping. Walking to and from the refuge building may be difficult or impossible in the middle of the night during winter.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Broomstick wrote:
Flagg wrote:No, I didn't "get butthurt" because you brought up a difference (one that I think is only a difference because they can't get away with it, but they can use their women as human shields).
Provide some supporting evidence that the Bubbas want to enslave women and rape them. I really doubt their women are helpless little human shields because I saw no evidence of said women being held against their will. Indeed, it seems the women all left and took the kids with them, so just how much shielding was going on there?
I never made the claim beyond the fact that they all believe in a Bronze Age book full of horseshit that encourages the enslavement and rape of women. So it kind of follows that if they get their libertarian theocratic wonderland, that would happen. It's called a logical extrapolation.

And the previous standoff had the leaders bragging about how the women and children would be put in front of the treason season fuckwits firing line so that if a firefight broke out the news crews would be filming the women and children getting mowed down. And I know this may come as a shock to you, but a large portion of women believe, because of the previously mentioned Bronze Age horseshit, that their place is to do what the menfolk tell them to do. So it's "voluntary" the same way the female Branch Davidians allowing their young teenage daughters to "marry" David Koresh was "voluntary".

But let's play pretend and say that if the Treasonous Bundy Bunch had the power of ISIS, they would do all the other stuff, except rape and treat women as sexual objects to be used and sold as chattel. Yeah, that's called "damning with faint praise".
And the best part is, you are so dishonest that you took a post addressed to a completely different member and pretended it was addressed at you.
If you post on a public forum you don't get to pick and choose who replies to it.
Wrong answer, and poor attempt at a strawman. It was specifically addressed to a specific person making a specific comment, which is why you cut out the name of the person who I quoted in my response, making it look like it was directed at you. Your intellectual dishonesty really knows no bounds, does it?

I think this may only come in second to the time we were in an argument and a moderator told us both to stop posting. I stopped posting but you made another reply, and then edited in something like "Sorry, I didn't see you tell us not to post anymore before I wrote this" at the very end, all while still leaving the entire reply in place instead of removing the response text itself, knowing that you'd get the last word in. In fact, as I recall, when you were given a warning for it you went and whined to management and got the warning rescinded because that's how much a dishonest loathsome individual you are. If life were fair this thread would be titled "How Low Will Broomstick Go?" when it's eventually split.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Dominus Atheos wrote:Being consistent is hard, I really don't like these guys but everyone deserves to not have the media not spread disinformation about them.

Digging a trench to sh*t in is standard practice whenever anyone goes camping. Walking to and from the refuge building may be difficult or impossible in the middle of the night during winter.
Then don't lead or participate in an armed occupation of federal land? Or if you do, bring a chemical toilet or at least a bucket?
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw