another round of TERRIBLE POLITICAL CARTOONS

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Re: another round of TERRIBLE POLITICAL CARTOONS

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Image
Like so many, Ramaz just can't let go of a theme:

And apparently neither can many others.

Once again after 6 years of complete and utter blind obedience supporting the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the moment a Dem is in the whitehouse everyones throwing around "Vietnam" as if, well, as if no one had mentioned it for the past SIX years

And just to add some flavor,
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Image
Wait, I get the other ones on some level, but what the hell is wrong with this one? 'OHNOES teh taxssss!!'?
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
erik_t
Jedi Master

Post by erik_t »

I think it's just a complete lack of understanding (or even knowledge of the existence) of the idea of an excise tax.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

I really don't get the nintendo one.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

Zixinus wrote:I really don't get the nintendo one.
While the United States is falling apart, our president is wasting time trying to get the 2016 Olympics to take place in Chicago (Olympic Challenge).
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Where was all this shit while Bush was taking all his numerous vacations to his ranch in Texas? Oh, wait, that's a good old boy thing.

You know, not like arranging something that will increase international tourism in a major American city, create a bunch of jobs, and generally be a shot in the arm to our economy well after this term.

Man I'm getting tired of this shit.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Hotfoot wrote:Where was all this shit while Bush was taking all his numerous vacations to his ranch in Texas? Oh, wait, that's a good old boy thing.

You know, not like arranging something that will increase international tourism in a major American city, create a bunch of jobs, and generally be a shot in the arm to our economy well after this term.

Man I'm getting tired of this shit.
There's a logical and sensible reason why the Mainstream Media didn't pick up any of these threads and none of this came up against Bush:

He's white.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

I guess we all should have seen these coming...

and just to round it out, a classic chuck OMG LIBERALS BRAINWASH KIDS Asay
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

the only thing that stands out to me in that chuck asay bit:

"Gay Awareness Day" involves panty raids?
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Actually, I think he's suggesting that gay awareness will cause our sons to wear woman's underwear and, presumably, "Go Gay".
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Hillary
Jedi Master

Post by Hillary »

"Obama! ooo! ooo! ooo!"

Let's make ape noises, shall we? :wtf:
What is WRONG with you people
Kodiak
Jedi Master

Post by Kodiak »

Hillary wrote:"Obama! ooo! ooo! ooo!"

Let's make ape noises, shall we? :wtf:
I think there was a kids song which had "Ooo! Ooo! Obama!" in it, IIRC.

edit: acutally, the song has no Ooo'ing. Here's the lyrics of the one I was thinking of. Maybe it is monkey noises?
Image PRFYNAFBTFCP
Captain of the MFS Frigate of Pizazz +2 vs. Douchebags - Est vicis pro nonnullus suscito vir

"Are you an idiot? What demand do you think there is for aircraft carriers that aren't government?" - Captain Chewbacca

"I keep my eighteen wives in wonderfully appointed villas by bringing the underwear of god to the heathens. They will come to know God through well protected goodies." - Gandalf

"There is no such thing as being too righteous to understand." - Darth Wong
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

as an aisde, As the day goes on, anyone want to place bets on how many "Obama didnt get the olympics LOL!" cartoons we'll see? im betting at least 6 by the end of the day.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

So is there anything in America's past that Chuck Asay hasn't stuck up his ass yet, besides outhouses (probably could fit in there though)?
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

WTF is this Afghanistan Shit!? Six years of sucking shrubya's cock and insinuations of being possible traitors if you weren't for the war and the second a Dem becomes CiC it's his fucking fault!? WTF is he supposed to do make an immediate withdrawal?
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

I always love how whenever conservatives talk about prayer in public schools, be it through political cartoons or FWD: FWD: RE: FWD e-mails, they treat it as though the SCOTUS ruled on it only yesterday. They always forget to mention when the courts actually ruled on the issue, in 1962 and 1963.

Although it could be taken as very indicative of the conservative world view, which ends in 1959.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

General Schatten wrote:WTF is this Afghanistan Shit!? Six years of sucking shrubya's cock and insinuations of being possible traitors if you weren't for the war and the second a Dem becomes CiC it's his fucking fault!? WTF is he supposed to do make an immediate withdrawal?
You mean stuff like this?
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

General Schatten wrote:WTF is this Afghanistan Shit!? Six years of sucking shrubya's cock and insinuations of being possible traitors if you weren't for the war and the second a Dem becomes CiC it's his fucking fault!? WTF is he supposed to do make an immediate withdrawal?
"I want Obama to fail" ~ so sayeth some random Republican moron.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:I guess we all should have seen these coming...

This one works if you assume that the GOP threw a bunch of fucked up hurdles in Obama's lane.
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

why did they draw Obama as fat in that Batman pic?

Everyone knows that the average conservotard is about five hundred pound heavier than the president. Hell weren't they trying to make fun of him for being too healthy during the campaign?

Christ. These morons can't even keep their insults straight.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Instant Sunrise wrote:Although it could be taken as very indicative of the conservative world view, which ends in 1959.
Social worldview, 1959. The Geopolitical worldview is frozen in the mid eighties.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Axis Kast
Vympel's Bitch

Post by Axis Kast »

The criticism of Obama's Afghanistan policy is not that we've been at war eight years; it's that he's not made quick, decisive decisions in line with the advice explicitly provided by his combat commanders. Now, he may have good reason for this, but a lot of Republicans are crying out that he's allowed himself to take on other, less important issues while the Afghan house burns. It's possible to trace ultimate blame back to Bush, of course, but now, the buck stops at Obama's table.

The Batman allusion references the fact that Obama has not been living up to his billing as a leader who is capable of healing all wounds and tackling all issues. (Unsurprising. Who could?)
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

It's a new political spell, it's called transmute hawks to doves, the only requirement is that you have to have a democrat in the white house after 8 or more years of republican control.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

Axis Kast wrote:The criticism of Obama's Afghanistan policy is not that we've been at war eight years; it's that he's not made quick, decisive decisions in line with the advice explicitly provided by his combat commanders.
What advice is that? I've heard nothing about Afghanistan since the latest Taliban raid and conservative snipes.
Now, he may have good reason for this, but a lot of Republicans are crying out that he's allowed himself to take on other, less important issues while the Afghan house burns. It's possible to trace ultimate blame back to Bush, of course, but now, the buck stops at Obama's table.
Which would make them hypocrites, for six years we squandered our initial successes in Afghanistan and not a peep from the conservitards.
The Batman allusion references the fact that Obama has not been living up to his billing as a leader who is capable of healing all wounds and tackling all issues. (Unsurprising. Who could?)
Which is a strawman. No one ever said Obama was going to do that, except the Republicans who've made a rediculous fairytale in order to revise reality according to their whims.
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
KroLazuxy_87
Padawan Learner

Post by KroLazuxy_87 »

Those all make me cry inside...

As I see it, the democrat's strength is also its weakness. They are able to have internal debate, disagree among themselves then come to an eventual compromise that (hopefully) represents the voter's will. This however leaves them weak every time the GOP forms ranks and... well... lies. Also, the democrats don't have a whole freaking news station to herd the masses as FOX does.

>>>The above comments are dependent on my delusion that the government isn't really made up of corrupt politicians following the carrots being dangled by lobbyists. Please don't tell me otherwise; I'm happier this way.<<<
To criticize a person for their race is manifestly irrational and ridiculous, but to criticize their religion, that is a right. That is a freedom. The freedom to criticize ideas, any ideas - even if they are sincerely held beliefs - is one of the fundamental freedoms of society. A law which attempts to say you can criticize and ridicule ideas as long as they are not religious ideas is a very peculiar law indeed. -Rowan Atkinson
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation