Michael Brown Case

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Re: Michael Brown Case

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Napoleon the Clown wrote: Shitty people do shitty things regardless. It's not unreasonable for people to look at a case like this with a lot of suspicion. See the parts mentioned between your reply and my current reply on how there wasn't an incident report filed. That does not look good at all.

Generally when an officer is involved in a shooting it is the homicide unit, or assigned detective, that prepares and writes a report and not the officer who fired the shots. That shouldn't be taken to mean that the officer isn't required to explain his reasoning in detail because he/she is and it's usually done via recording or written witness statement.

So, the criticism that Wilson didn't file a report needs to be explored further to find out exactly what wasn't filed. If Wilson was interviewed in a timely manner then his statement was on file and procedure was followed. So, I went and looked up the readily available evidence and I found the interview conducted with Officer Wilson by a police detective and it took me all of five minutes to do so. It took place on August 10th at 1016am. The shooting was on Aug 9th sometime around noon. So, Wilson was interviewed in less than 24 hours.

Keep in mind timely manner means that Wilson must be given the opportunity to consult an attorney. Which is what he did do because the attorney was present during this interview. Given the obvious controversial issue with this shooting it could also be that the on duty watch commander required that another agency conduct the interview.

So, I guess I'm forced to ask this question. With readily available evidence why are those that are most critical not actually looking at it?
Thanas wrote:And I take it you think the proseccutor's history is just fine and dandy? :roll:
Why do you take it that way? Are you attempting to evaluate your abilities as a mind reader? I'll tell you what. Since you decided to take liberties and pretend to know what I'm thinking and responded in a passive aggressive manner instead of straight up asking me what I think about it you can think whatever you want about what I think of the prosecutors history. Good luck with your new act, Axel Hellstrom. Can we do a board vote to have your user name changed to Axel? That sounds bad ass...(joking with you)
I am not commenting on the merits of this case. I think the way they handled this is beyond shady, the persons involved are even shadier and the prosecutor couldn't have come across more unlikable if he had actually tried to do so in the press conference.
So, if we don't like the prosecutor and others involved then we're excused from evaluating the evidence that has been made completely available by said people. Fascinating.
EDIT: Reading through Wilsons testimony now and this is basically a shit job by the prosecutor. They are softballing him all the way, letting him tell his story without asking any questions and don't try to hit him with any inconsistencies. They never wanted an indictment.
So, you're not satisfied with the prosecutors job. Have you compared his initial interview with the detective on Aug 10th? I'm curious about to hear your opinion regarding questions you think needed to be asked.

By the way, I am currently going through the evidence but I have very limited time lately. But I just wanted you to know that I am going through it and I actually haven't made my conclusion regarding the decision of the Grand Jury. It's just that those that have made their decision but haven't reviewed the evidence brought me into this thread.
Milites Astrum Exterminans
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Kamakazie Sith wrote:Why do you take it that way? Are you attempting to evaluate your abilities as a mind reader? I'll tell you what. Since you decided to take liberties and pretend to know what I'm thinking and responded in a passive aggressive manner instead of straight up asking me what I think about it you can think whatever you want about what I think of the prosecutors history. Good luck with your new act, Axel Hellstrom. Can we do a board vote to have your user name changed to Axel? That sounds bad ass...(joking with you)
Hardy Har Har. So how about this: Do you think the prosecutor was a good choice here? If so, why?
So, if we don't like the prosecutor and others involved then we're excused from evaluating the evidence that has been made completely available by said people. Fascinating.
I should have your username changed to strawmanning fatty.

Really, you see no problem how this appears? You do realize that if they wanted to sweep things under the rug, these are exactly the personnel you would chose here? You got not problem with them using people from the same power structure where this is okay?
So, you're not satisfied with the prosecutors job. Have you compared his initial interview with the detective on Aug 10th? I'm curious about to hear your opinion regarding questions you think needed to be asked.
I haven't, but feel free to point out the differences.

What I read in the deposition is them basically being anything but the vessel for Wilson's opinion. Not once is he challenged on his version of events. A defence attorney could not have done a better case arguing Wilson's side than the allegedly fair prosecutor did.

Here is where the prosecutor messed up and revealed his bias IMO:
- Instead of asking for specific charges and then asking the jury to fit the evidence to the charge, he gave the power to decide on what charges to apply here to the jury. This is IMO the most significant thing.
- throughout the entire deposition of Wilson in court, there is not one critical question. His narrative is accepted as fact. I don't know, but I would have expected to at least have some critical questions regarding this.
- They could have asked him how he was injured and feared for his life when the photos taken in the hospital show no damage at all.

And as for the prosecutor, when 70k want you gone, maybe you should recuse yourself. He refused to do so. link. Then there is this and this.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

Patroklos wrote:
Napoleon the Clown wrote:Killing someone and immediately leaving state without taking care of any of the legal aspects looks pretty damn bad. The people you've known that killed in self-defense still had to talk to the police and tell them what happened. Darren Wilson didn't file a report, despite that being a crime, to my understanding. If you kill someone and don't give details to the police (that means your higher-ups, if you're an LEO) it makes things look pretty damn fishy.
Perhaps crossing internal province borders or whatever they are called where you are from is a meaningful thing but here in the US it is of absolutely no consequence. Many of our metro areas straddle state boundaries (NYC for instance). Its a trivial thing to arrest someone in another state, it is no issue at all as far as interviewing or investigating a case.

And while the normal incident report was not filled out Wilson did not just ignore law enforcement post incident or visa versa. He was immediately brought to the hospital for inspection for instance and all sorts of other statements from Wilson from the day of the event soon after were made. His incident report should have been filled out, but you are characterizing it as if he went on the lamb and was a fugitive from the law until he happened to show up at the Grand Jury. Not the case.

Also Wilson did call for backup BEFORE all of this went down, which apparently arrived seconds after the shooting.
He didn't just happen to cross the border going about normal business, he intentionally left the state entirely and completely in response to having killed someone. That's something of a circumstance.
Kamakazie Sith wrote:
Napoleon the Clown wrote: Shitty people do shitty things regardless. It's not unreasonable for people to look at a case like this with a lot of suspicion. See the parts mentioned between your reply and my current reply on how there wasn't an incident report filed. That does not look good at all.

Generally when an officer is involved in a shooting it is the homicide unit, or assigned detective, that prepares and writes a report and not the officer who fired the shots. That shouldn't be taken to mean that the officer isn't required to explain his reasoning in detail because he/she is and it's usually done via recording or written witness statement.

So, the criticism that Wilson didn't file a report needs to be explored further to find out exactly what wasn't filed. If Wilson was interviewed in a timely manner then his statement was on file and procedure was followed. So, I went and looked up the readily available evidence and I found the interview conducted with Officer Wilson by a police detective and it took me all of five minutes to do so. It took place on August 10th at 1016am. The shooting was on Aug 9th sometime around noon. So, Wilson was interviewed in less than 24 hours.

Keep in mind timely manner means that Wilson must be given the opportunity to consult an attorney. Which is what he did do because the attorney was present during this interview. Given the obvious controversial issue with this shooting it could also be that the on duty watch commander required that another agency conduct the interview.

So, I guess I'm forced to ask this question. With readily available evidence why are those that are most critical not actually looking at it?
I see. Though from what I've come to understand based off what I've seen, an incident report is supposed to be filed as quickly as possible. He could have done what anybody else does, when involved in a shooting. Waited till his lawyer could get there. A lawyer will often be happy to get there within the same day, I would imagine. Especially in a case where someone was fatally shot.

I would assume you have dealt with cases where people have used force before, and taken statements? Do you normally let them wait till the next day, free to do whatever? This assumes they want a lawyer present, of course.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

Napoleon the Clown wrote: He didn't just happen to cross the border going about normal business, he intentionally left the state entirely and completely in response to having killed someone. That's something of a circumstance
Please explain exactly what dastardly coup Wison achieved by crossing this state boundary. You seem to think it significant despite having zero experiance with US state boundaries so please enlighten all of us US citizens so we can grasp the gravity of our routine violation of these specific imaginary lines.
UnderAGreySky
Jedi Knight

Post by UnderAGreySky »

Officer Darren Wilson's story is unbelievable. Literally.
But on Monday night, St. Louis County prosecutor Robert McCulloch released the evidence given to the grand jury, including the interview police did with Wilson in the immediate aftermath of the shooting. And so we got to read, for the first time, Wilson's full, immediate account of his altercation with Brown.

And it is unbelievable.

I mean that in the literal sense of the term: "difficult or impossible to believe." But I want to be clear here. I'm not saying Wilson is lying. I'm not saying his testimony is false. I am saying that the events, as he describes them, are simply bizarre. His story is difficult to believe.

The story Wilson tells goes like this:

At about noon on August 9th, Wilson hears on the radio that there's a theft in progress at the Ferguson Market. The suspect is a black male in a black shirt.

Moments later, Wilson sees two young black men walking down the yellow stripe in the center of the street. He pulls over. "Hey guys, why don't you walk on the sidewalk?" They refuse. "We're almost at our destination," one of them replies. Wilson tries again. "But what's wrong with the sidewalk?" he asks.

And then things get weird.

Brown's response to "what's wrong with the sidewalk?", as recorded by Wilson, is "fuck what you have to say." Remember, Wilson is a uniformed police officer, in a police car, and Brown is an 18-year-old kid who just committed a robbery. And when asked to use the sidewalk, Wilson says Brown replied, "Fuck what you have to say."

"Wilson says Brown replied, "Fuck what you have to say.""

Wilson backs his car up and begins to open the door. "Hey, come here," he said to the kid who just cursed at him. He says Brown replied, "What the fuck you gonna do?" And then Brown, in Wilson's telling, slams the car door closed. Wilson tries to open the door again, tells Brown to get back, and then Brown leans into the vehicle and begins punching him.

Let's take a breath and recap. Wilson sees two young black men walking in the middle of the street. He pulls over and politely asks them to use the sidewalk. They refuse. He asks again, still polite. Brown tells Wilson — again, a uniformed police officer in a police car — "fuck what you have to say." Wilson stops his car, tries to get out, and Brown slams the car door on him and then begins punching him through the open window.

What happens next is the most unbelievable moment in the narrative. And so it's probably best that I just quote Wilson's account at length on it.
I was doing the, just scrambling, trying to get his arms out of my face and him from grabbing me and everything else. He turned to his...if he's at my vehicle, he turned to his left and handed the first subject. He said, "here, take these." He was holding a pack of — several packs of cigarillos which was just, what was stolen from the Market Store was several packs of cigarillos. He said, "here, hold these" and when he did that I grabbed his right arm trying just to control something at that point. Um, as I was holding it, and he came around, he came around with his arm extended, fist made, and went like that straight at my face with his...a full swing from his left hand.
So Brown is punching inside the car. Wilson is scrambling to deflect the blows, to protect his face, to regain control of the situation. And then Brown stops, turns to his left, says to his friend, "Here, hold these," and hands him the cigarillos stolen from Ferguson Market. Then he turns back to Wilson and, with his left hand now freed from holding the contraband goods, throws a haymaker at Wilson.

Every bullshit detector in me went off when I read that passage. Which doesn't mean that it didn't happen exactly the way Wilson describes. But it is, again, hard to imagine. Brown, an 18-year-old kid holding stolen goods, decides to attack a cop and, while attacking him, stops, hands his stolen goods to his friend, and then returns to the beatdown. It reads less like something a human would do and more like a moment meant to connect Brown to the robbery.

Wilson next recounts his thought process as he reached for a weapon. He considered using his mace, but at such close range, the mace might get in his eyes, too. He doesn't carry a taser with a fireable cartridge, but even if he did, "it probably wouldn't have hit [Brown] anywhere". Wilson couldn't reach his baton or his flashlight. So he went for his gun.

Brown sees him go for the gun. And he replies: "You're too much of a fucking pussy to shoot me."

""You're too much of a fucking pussy to shoot me.""

Again, stop for a moment and think about that. Brown is punching Wilson, sees the terrified cop reaching for his gun, and says "You're too much of a fucking pussy to shoot me." He dares him to shoot.
This is just an excerpt. It is a lot more comprehensive at the link.
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

You know what else is out of character based on what we supposedly know about Crown? Stealing and physically assaulting a shop owner and then brazenly calling attention to himself by walking down the center of a busy road having just committed a crime in broad daylight. But that obviously happened. Something tells me Brown is not the gentle well adjusted youth some want him to be.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

That doesn't seem unbelievable to me at all. Well, the part about handing off the cigarillos, yeah, little odd, but with adrenaline pumping, could just be the gist of what was said. I have heard taunts and stuff like that all the time, from white, black, hispanic, Asian males all the time, just people who have absolutely no respect for any sort of uniformed symbol of authority. Doesn't even come from criminals, plenty of people who would never break the law just don't respect police.
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Patroklos wrote:
Napoleon the Clown wrote: He didn't just happen to cross the border going about normal business, he intentionally left the state entirely and completely in response to having killed someone. That's something of a circumstance
Please explain exactly what dastardly coup Wison achieved by crossing this state boundary. You seem to think it significant despite having zero experiance with US state boundaries so please enlighten all of us US citizens so we can grasp the gravity of our routine violation of these specific imaginary lines.
Look at my location, dumbass. Going across state lines as part of your morning commute? Doesn't matter. Leaving the state after potentially committing a crime? That's an entirely different matter. A Utah cop can't go on over to Nevada and arrest someone. They talk to Nevada and tell them what's going on. And Nevada gladly arrests the person if they see them and bring them back to Utah.

That Darren Wilson was intentionally taken out of state by his employer? Before any sort of proper investigation even started? It looks really fucking fishy. Justified homicide or not, if you decide to leave the state for a prolonged period of time before things get settled it looks pretty bad.

That you're under the impression that I'd believe there's a "dastardly coup" involved there speaks volumes of how you think about the people that think there's something off about the entire story. And it suggests you don't know what a coup is.
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

Napoleon the Clown wrote: Look at my location, dumbass. Going across state lines as part of your morning commute? Doesn't matter. Leaving the state after potentially committing a crime? That's an entirely different matter. A Utah cop can't go on over to Nevada and arrest someone. They talk to Nevada and tell them what's going on. And Nevada gladly arrests the person if they see them and bring them back to Utah.
So? You do understand that Wilson was never under arrest right? As you yourself just stated its a trivial matter to arrest across state lines if they wanted to. The question you exaggerating flailing for a point idiot is what exactly do you think Wilson accomplished in reality by crossing this state boundary you are spamming the thread about? What specifically was impeded? How did this have any effect on the event at hand?

The answer is didn't or nothing, it is completely irrelevant and stupid, you can stop bringing it up.
That Darren Wilson was intentionally taken out of state by his employer?
Was he? So what?
Before any sort of proper investigation even started?
Oh really? Please specifically tell us the exact time the investigation started and exactly when Wilson left MO. Also exactly how him being across a state border, which is probably what ten miles away, had any impact on said investigation.
It looks really fucking fishy. Justified homicide or not, if you decide to leave the state for a prolonged period of time before things get settled it looks pretty bad.
For the vigilante douches publicly calling for his lynching with impunity? Sure it looks disgustingly bad for them. With anyone with a rational mind not intent in inventing inpropriaties to avoid dealing with the facts we know (ie not you) it looks like a prudent thing to do that has nothing at all to do with justice being served. It also makes Wilson and his family victims. As we know now the only victims actually. EDIT: and the shop guy Brown manhandled of course.
That you're under the impression that I'd believe there's a "dastardly coup" involved there speaks volumes of how you think about the people that think there's something off about the entire story. And it suggests you don't know what a coup is.
You're the one inventing diabolical plots involving the MO line. Given your obvious bias I assume that's more appealing to you than dealing with actual realities of the case at hand. Thanas has raised some legitimate things that could look fishy if given a certain mindset, you are just throwing mud to see if any will stick.
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

I decided "ah, fuck it" and decided to look up stuff about hopping state lines after committing a crime. USA Today found that there are quite a few (over 186,000 suspects) that went into another state after allegedly committing a crime and the police in those sates are disinclined to do shit about it.

So... This indicates that crossing state lines can be just as effective as fucking off to Mexico, Brazil, or Russia. Unless people with jurisdiction there feel like it, they don't have to do shit. Maybe this makes things look a little bit worse now?

Wait, no. You don't care.
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Thanas wrote:
Hardy Har Har. So how about this: Do you think the prosecutor was a good choice here? If so, why?
I'm going to remember this day as the day I made Thanas laugh, or at least pretend that is what happened. A small victory...

No, the prosecutor was a terrible choice. Even without the damning personal history they should have still sought out at least a different district prosecutor. Instead not only do we get a prosecutor that works directly with this agency but we get one with a personal history that can only be described as pro-police instead of pro-truth.

Thanks for asking.
I should have your username changed to strawmanning fatty.
You wound me.
Really, you see no problem how this appears? You do realize that if they wanted to sweep things under the rug, these are exactly the personnel you would chose here? You got not problem with them using people from the same power structure where this is okay?
I agree with your assessment of its appearance. I don't agree with dismissing all this evidence just because of this appearance.
I haven't, but feel free to point out the differences.
I intend to.
What I read in the deposition is them basically being anything but the vessel for Wilson's opinion. Not once is he challenged on his version of events. A defence attorney could not have done a better case arguing Wilson's side than the allegedly fair prosecutor did.

Here is where the prosecutor messed up and revealed his bias IMO:
- Instead of asking for specific charges and then asking the jury to fit the evidence to the charge, he gave the power to decide on what charges to apply here to the jury. This is IMO the most significant thing.
- throughout the entire deposition of Wilson in court, there is not one critical question. His narrative is accepted as fact. I don't know, but I would have expected to at least have some critical questions regarding this.
- They could have asked him how he was injured and feared for his life when the photos taken in the hospital show no damage at all.
I understand it is actually very unusual for a defendant to testify before a grand jury, so that's another anomaly.

Certain parts of his interview with the detective make me think there may have been some coaching regarding the store robbery, likely from his attorney. That for me is enough to doubt Wilson testimony and like you pointed out he was never asked about it so that along with the prosecutor history does bring significant doubt as to the level of motivation from the office.

Still, there is forensic evidence to consider and witness statements. Haven't gotten to those yet.
And as for the prosecutor, when 70k want you gone, maybe you should recuse yourself. He refused to do so. link. Then there is this and this.

Agreed.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

He wasn't charged yet, he had received death threats to him and his family. And the times states don't bother to assist with extraditing subjects is usually because they have commited misdemeanors or felonies that are considered low priority.
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Napoleon the Clown wrote: He didn't just happen to cross the border going about normal business, he intentionally left the state entirely and completely in response to having killed someone. That's something of a circumstance.
It might be a circumstance had there been no significant threats against this officer and his family. He likely crossed state lines with the blessing from the appropriate authorities for his own protection. He obviously returned when asked so I don't see why this is even an issue.
I see. Though from what I've come to understand based off what I've seen, an incident report is supposed to be filed as quickly as possible. He could have done what anybody else does, when involved in a shooting. Waited till his lawyer could get there. A lawyer will often be happy to get there within the same day, I would imagine. Especially in a case where someone was fatally shot.
We'll never really know what the cause was for delay. Maybe he requested a fancy FOP attorney that had to fly in...
I would assume you have dealt with cases where people have used force before, and taken statements? Do you normally let them wait till the next day, free to do whatever? This assumes they want a lawyer present, of course.
If they don't want a lawyer than an interview will usually be conducted that same day within a couple hours. If they do want one and time to consult with them then an interview can take place on a different day. However, when they don't submit to an interview then an arrest can be made if probable cause is developed via witnesses and evidence. Conflicting witnesses wouldn't constitute probable cause so you'd have to wait for the evidence to come back.
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Napoleon the Clown wrote:I decided "ah, fuck it" and decided to look up stuff about hopping state lines after committing a crime. USA Today found that there are quite a few (over 186,000 suspects) that went into another state after allegedly committing a crime and the police in those sates are disinclined to do shit about it.

So... This indicates that crossing state lines can be just as effective as fucking off to Mexico, Brazil, or Russia. Unless people with jurisdiction there feel like it, they don't have to do shit. Maybe this makes things look a little bit worse now?

I've never seen that to be the case with serious crimes. We're talking about shoplifting, drug, and alcohol related warrants. Not criminal homicide, robbery, rape, etc.
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Patroklos wrote:You know what else is out of character based on what we supposedly know about Crown? Stealing and physically assaulting a shop owner and then brazenly calling attention to himself by walking down the center of a busy road having just committed a crime in broad daylight. But that obviously happened. Something tells me Brown is not the gentle well adjusted youth some want him to be.
So what if he wasn't a saint? You honestly think Brown would be dead right now if he had been white when this all went down? I don't.

Good for the protesters, too. That kind of stuff actually tends to prompt reforms in the local police department - LAPD and Cleveland PD both got slapped with consent decrees requiring reform after riots.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Guardsman Bass wrote:
Patroklos wrote:You know what else is out of character based on what we supposedly know about Crown? Stealing and physically assaulting a shop owner and then brazenly calling attention to himself by walking down the center of a busy road having just committed a crime in broad daylight. But that obviously happened. Something tells me Brown is not the gentle well adjusted youth some want him to be.
So what if he wasn't a saint? You honestly think Brown would be dead right now if he had been white when this all went down? I don't.

I do. Because I believe that Brown fought Wilson for the gun, and then he came after Wilson again. And I believe if Brown had been white, Hispanic, Asian, or Eskimo, he'd still have been shot in the same set of circumstances.
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

You have more trust than I do. And that's the problem right there - Brown's death happened in the context of several recent high-profile deaths of black men at the hands of police, a majority black community targeted disproportionately hard by police in Ferguson, and a sense that police had open season rights on killing black people with impunity. Very, very low trust, and the way Ferguson PD reacted (and the follow-up efforts, such as leaving McCulloch in charge of the prosecution) didn't help. Appointing a prosecutor perceived as less biased might have helped diffuse the situation if Wilson was justified in killing Brown. Better handling of the initial protests would have helped as well.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

Guardsman Bass wrote:
Absolutely he would be. Only we wouldn't be hearing about it. And if we did for some strange reason the commentary would be "HAHA what an IDIOT!"
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Patroklos wrote:
Guardsman Bass wrote:
Absolutely he would be. Only we wouldn't be hearing about it. And if we did for some strange reason the commentary would be "HAHA what an IDIOT!"
What country do you live in, Fucktardia? Do you get there by going through a wardrobe filled with Klan hoods? The fact is that the murdering pig wouldn't have looked at Brown twice if he were white.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

Keep telling yourself that killer :) I will amend my comment though given your demonstration above. You would probably through some bigoted red neck trailer trash comment in for good measure too.
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

Are you really this fucking stupid, Flagg? Brown and Johnson were walking in the middle of the street. Somebody driving in a car had to look twice at him, unless they wanted to run him over. The shooting didn't happen because Brown was black, it happened because Brown was committing an incredibly obvious, incredibly petty crime that made it impossible not to pay attention to him, then attacked a cop and grabbed his gun, then approached the cop again instead of surrendering after all his fuckups had come back to bite him in the ass.
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Kamakazie Sith wrote:
Napoleon the Clown wrote: He didn't just happen to cross the border going about normal business, he intentionally left the state entirely and completely in response to having killed someone. That's something of a circumstance.
It might be a circumstance had there been no significant threats against this officer and his family. He likely crossed state lines with the blessing from the appropriate authorities for his own protection. He obviously returned when asked so I don't see why this is even an issue.
We'll never really know what the cause was for delay. Maybe he requested a fancy FOP attorney that had to fly in...
If they don't want a lawyer than an interview will usually be conducted that same day within a couple hours. If they do want one and time to consult with them then an interview can take place on a different day. However, when they don't submit to an interview then an arrest can be made if probable cause is developed via witnesses and evidence. Conflicting witnesses wouldn't constitute probable cause so you'd have to wait for the evidence to come back.
Out of curiosity, what would constitute probable cause? And, at least here in Utah, what kinds of time frames are there for filing incident reports involving fatal shootings?
Kamakazie Sith wrote:
Napoleon the Clown wrote:I decided "ah, fuck it" and decided to look up stuff about hopping state lines after committing a crime. USA Today found that there are quite a few (over 186,000 suspects) that went into another state after allegedly committing a crime and the police in those sates are disinclined to do shit about it.

I've never seen that to be the case with serious crimes. We're talking about shoplifting, drug, and alcohol related warrants. Not criminal homicide, robbery, rape, etc.
The guy in my link is accused of murder, so...
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Murder he committed in the state he was residing in, not Florida, where he had warrants out of.
cosmicalstorm
Jedi Council Member

Post by cosmicalstorm »

Imagine if blacks paid this much attention to inter-black murders which are a dozen a day. There would not be time for anything but the latest unprovoked murder of innocents. Good to see the cop walk free, he did the right thing. Pity his life will be ruined, if he was any good at rapping he would have been a hero instead.

I wonder what will happen with these looted areas? I suspect the white flight will be massive from Ferguson in the coming years.
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

I was wondering when the first idiot to show up and tell black people to stop making them uncomfortable with their vocal challenges to endemic, systemic racism and prejudice would be. And of course it's that perennial favorite, "black on black crime". Perhaps you'd like to add a jab about "absentee black fathers", and possibly a demand that they pull up their damn pants already?
-Jean-Luc Picard

-Margaret Atwood