Meanwhile, in Syria

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: Meanwhile, in Syria

Post by Thanas »

Any news article that starts out with "AngloZionists" is not worth reposting. You were warned before about shitposting.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
cosmicalstorm
Jedi Council Member

Post by cosmicalstorm »

I thought it made some decent points in the condensed list. Oh well, I'll try to watch it.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I have to strongly object to "news" that uses the term "AngloZionist". Suggest that cosmicalstorm review the term "dog-whistle" in the context of politics and racism.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Ukronazi and Anglozionist? :lol: Probably written by a poor person on Russian pay trying to make a living in the new age of confrontation. Also, even the "sensible" points it tries to make are wrong. Russia has not "won" in Syria nor foiled the plans of "a worldwide Empire", unless Turkey and KSA are this "Empire".

And KSA does not have nuclear weapons.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
cosmicalstorm
Jedi Council Member

Post by cosmicalstorm »

It's not like I nod in agreement with everything I post here, I'm trying the convey the current Syria picture in news-format. Partially for the community, partially because I can go back and remember the sequence of events. My eyes just glaze over such wordings but I still think that article gave a nice overview of the situation.
Russia FM: There is no "plan B" on Syria and there never will be
Russian Politics & Diplomacy
February 25, 15:30 UTC+3
US State Secretary John Kerry said on Tuesday that Washington and its foreign allies and partners are actively discussing alternative options in case ceasefire in Syria is not implemented
John Kerry and Sergey Lavrov (archive)
John Kerry and Sergey Lavrov (archive)
© Alexander Scherbak/TASS

Read also
Syrians at a market in Damascus, Syria
US officials tried to sabotage ceasefire agreement on Syria — Russian Foreign Ministry

MINSK, February 25. /TASS/. There is no alternative plan to the joint Russian-US statement on settlement in Syria, and nothing like that is planned, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov told reporters on Thursday.

"We've already said everything on the ‘plan B’ - there never was one and there never will be," Lavrov said.

US State Secretary John Kerry said on Tuesday that Washington and its foreign allies and partners are actively discussing alternative options if ceasefire in Syria is not implemented and political process in the country is not launched. "There is a significant discussion taking place now about a Plan B in the event that we do not succeed at the (negotiating) table," Kerry said. "It may be too late to keep it as a whole Syria if we wait much longer," he added.

On Monday night Russia and the United States released a joint statement saying that the ceasefire will take effect in Syria at 00:00 Damascus Time on February 27.

Read also
Russian official calls talks of plan B for Syria "dangerous trend"
Turkish ex-FM calls Russian-US truce agreement "the only hope" for Syria
Syrian army takes over another settlement on its way to Aleppo — media
Moscow concerned about reports on US plan B for Syria — Russian Foreign Ministry
Syria fully supports Moscow in ceasefire issue — ambassador
Kurdish units agree to ceasefire in Syria

"The United States of America and the Russian Federation, as co-chairs of the International Syria Support Group (ISSG) and seeking to achieve a peaceful settlement of the Syrian crisis with full respect for the fundamental role of the United Nations, are fully determined to provide their strongest support to end the Syrian conflict and establish conditions for a successful Syrian-led political transition process, facilitated by the UN," the joint statement of the United States and Russia said.

The statement points out that the cessation of hostilities is to be applied to all parties to the Syrian conflict but for Daesh (the Arabic acronym for Islamic State) and Jebhat an-Nusra (both are banned in Russia) "or other terrorist organizations designated by the UN Security Council."

More:
http://tass.ru/en/politics/858884
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

cosmicalstorm wrote:It's not like I nod in agreement with everything I post here, I'm trying the convey the current Syria picture in news-format.
You are probably the guy with no filter at all, so I'd rather you restrain yourself to legitimate news sources.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
cosmicalstorm
Jedi Council Member

Post by cosmicalstorm »

I certainly don't believe anything I read and I am always acutely aware of the fact that pretty much every single news-site on the intardnet is pushing one agenda or the other, if you followed my ten last articles posted here you should see they cover a wide spectra of sources. I do that to avoid self selection bias, confirmation bias etc.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

That is still no excuse to post some random ramblings by idiots, we are not welcoming silly reposts as "news".

I think it is a good idea to at least try to stick to journalism. Doesn't mean you have to be bound to the big names like Guardian, BBC or RT or Al-Jazeera etc., could also be independent journalism.

But not internet "analytics" of that sort. It is not news and if you have your own political opinions, state them as commentary to whatever news you post.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
cosmicalstorm
Jedi Council Member

Post by cosmicalstorm »

I will try to do that, or at least attach a fat disclaimer if it's overt opinions.

Close-up of CAS mission by... an A10? That roar sounds like the cannon of an A10 but maybe the russians have some machinegunning beast of a plane?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaK5fy6i0BE
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

The Russians no doubt have quite a few, and I suspect it's a bit difficult to tell automatic cannon apart by sound unless one is something of a connoisseur.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Simon_Jester wrote:The Russians no doubt have quite a few, and I suspect it's a bit difficult to tell automatic cannon apart by sound unless one is something of a connoisseur.
It can be, but I know that "brrrrrrt!" Thats an Su-25 Frogfoot wrecking someone's day. It sounds like an An-10, but has a higher pitch.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
cosmicalstorm
Jedi Council Member

Post by cosmicalstorm »

The Saudis insist they will be able to topple Assad if the peace process fails (there have been dozens or airstrikes the last 24 hours so that seems given)

Suffice to say I'd like to see what the Saudi plan is? Their army has done a pitiful job in Yemen so far, what happens if they send large armed forces to setup some kind of Islamic State buffert zone in Syria? :?
Al-Jubeir confirms: there is an alternative plan to topple Bashar al-Assad
Eldorar Alshamia Editor | 28 February, 2016

ElDorar AlShamia:
Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir said on Sunday there is an alternative plan in case the political solution to the Syrian issue fails.
Jubair said: "The next days will show us whether the Assad regime and Russia are serious about dialogue or not, based on this , the appropriate decision on the Syrian issue will be made," stressing that "there is an alternative plan for Syria without Bashar al-Assad."
Al-Jubeir in a conference he renews his emphasis on "Either Bashar al-Assad out peacefully or militarily," asserting that "no solution to the Syrian issue without the departure of Bashar al-Assad of power."
The Saudi foreign minister expressed his country's readiness to send troops to Syria if the international coalition decides.
With regard to the breach of the truce al-Jubeir said: "The Russian military craft and al-Assad regime’s continue to breach the truce, and we reach out to Syria's support group in this regard," he said. "If Russia were honest they should oblige al-Assad to respect the truce."
http://en.eldorar.com/node/1591