Oh NOOO Saddam forcing children into combat

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Frank Hipper wrote:First of all, "imposing a fundamentalism" would be going against any semblance of common sense. (not that common sense is abundant these days)
Concession Accepted

Fundamental Islamicists are howling for American dead wherever and however they can be killed.
Incorrect. Oman, Saudi and various other governments co-operate with the US despite being Theocratic Monarchies

Why in the hell would the U.S. want to install a rabid theocracy?
Ease of control. Heaven forbid the leader you have spent years bribing might be replaced. I never said rabid, that is a deliberate distrotion. They will impose something like Oman. Quiet and does as it's told.

There will be attempts to place as secular and non-controversial a government as possible in place once the smoke starts to clear.
Nice crystal ball you have there. Non-controversial middle eastern govts are so common aren't they? As for secular, need I remind you your current leaders don't believe in secularism? This isn't FDR this is GWB

Please don't accuse me of not being able to see past "We're the good guys", history's my hobby,
Ditto. And an appeal to authority to boot!

and this is hardly the first time the U.S. has been the the one to initiate hostilities.
What the fuck! When did I say any such thing? I never said this was the first time the US has attacked a soverign nation. The point is they are likely to install the govt that will keep the area quiet and do as they say. That is a fact.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Incorrect. Oman, Saudi and various other governments co-operate with the US despite being Theocratic
And their citizens despise us, and openly cheer dead Americans. Have you ever seen an interview with Saudi HS students? Sept. 11 was a great thing that cheered many a Saudi's heart.
Ease of control. Heaven forbid the leader you have spent years bribing might be replaced. I never said rabid, that is a deliberate distrotion. They will impose something like Oman. Quiet and does as it's told.
Distortion? You were the one who said "impose a fundamentalism". And now you"re making my argument for me.
Ditto. And an appeal to authority to boot!
Wow! I'm an authority? Thanks.
What the fuck! When did I say any such thing? I never said this was the first time the US has attacked a soverign nation. The point is they are likely to install the govt that will keep the area quiet and do as they say. That is a fact.
You accused me of not being able to see past the U.S. being the nice guys, and I countered that with a historical example that clearly shows that I do not think that. And again, you make my argument for me with the "keeping the area quiet" bit. How "imposing a fundamentalism" is supposed to achieve that is beyond me.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Re: Oh NOOO Saddam forcing children into combat

Post by fgalkin »

Faram wrote:Only link in Swedish

Aftonbladet

Apparently USA is accusing sadamn of serius war crimes, Keith Garvin an ABC News reporter in Iraq have vitnessed Iraqi troops using Women & Children as shield and giving children arms.

Fuck this ain't good :(
He's getting despertate. Unfortunately, the worst is still to come. :(

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I would hardly call this propaganda as more refined than the bullshit that is fed to populace's about the enemy since well- always. 90 years from now people will read this bullshit and shake their heads asking themselves "how could anyone believe such crap?"- simultaneously oblivious that the govt is still sticking it's propaganda cock up their ass, excuse my baby-eating German.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
generator_g1
Jedi Master

Post by generator_g1 »

I saw on TV those Iraqi civilians firing on the Tigris River, thinking that there were downed US pilots there when the camera panned over the crowd, I saw some kids brandishing handguns, probably given to them by the grown-ups.
My FLICKR page! :D
Remember, people, commas are your friends. Love them, embrace them, cherish them, and for crying out loud, USE them.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Vympel wrote:baby-eating German.
Don't forget to render down the corpses of your enemies to make soap. :shock: :roll: :wink:
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth