Manifesto opinion

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

who decides who is qualified?
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

to answer the question of when dictatorship has ever proven to work you just need to look at the roman republic. Cincinnatus and Caesar were both benevolent dictators who OUR FOUNDING FATHERS modelled themselves upon.

Talen, the democratically elected curia would review qualifications yearly perhaps.

remember, this is a manifesto not a constitution.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

so its not quite fascism, but republic with the leader having imperial powers?
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

Fascism is total devotion to the state and its ideals which, in any true GOVERNment, should be freedom. absolute power in the hands of a single person and devotion to his word not the ideals of the nation is ANTIFASCIST.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

shouldnt freedom allow a person to not be devoted to the state?
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

the state exists to uphold freedom. even in democratic nations people who oppose freedom are looked down upon.

you dont seriously suggest its a good idea to let people (like the KKK and Nazis) move to restrict freedom do you? personally i say we haul the KKK out into a field and shoot them in the heads.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

who defines what restricts freedom? where do you draw the line?
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

a movement to actively remove the freedoms of a people is restruction of freedom.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

also remember that the fascist party must be composed of and elected by a free population.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

so racism would be a death offense, no trial?

what if I were in this regime, and said this policy was a mockery of freedom, and the government should die instead?
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

no i dont literally mean that :P but the KKK HAS lynched people.

And if you said that policy is a mockery of freedom, you would be considered a patriot for your concern, if you said the government needed reforms, you would be considered a patriot for your concern, if you said the people in power should die, you'd be arrested for threats to the livelihood of the Curia and dictator.

Same thing happens in the US if you go out and yell "DEATH TO BUSH" or the like.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

of course they have. but Im trying to understand your regime concept, based on that of the same name.

it seems what you call fascism is just a system of patrotism - how is that different from a democratic state?
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

fascism IS patriotism, which is kind of the point here, that modern fascism has gotten out of control.

the difference is that the democratically elected body doesnt have the right to propose things, but only the power to veto. the regime also promotes expansionism in the roman inclusionary form.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

in the last parts of the manifesto i say that true fascists who support freedom must fight against the fascists who seek to remove freedom.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

.. I declare this New Fascist movement to be the New Order. :lol:
paladin
Jedi Master

Post by paladin »

It seems like you would like to revive a government like the Roman Republic.
EmperorChrostas the Cruel
Rabid Monkey

Post by EmperorChrostas the Cruel »

The principal advantage of democracy, is damage controle. No one person can piss off the majority for very long, and stay in power. If the majority of the people mant bad things, then they shall have them. You can not save someone from themselves.
All selection processes let "bad" people into power.
The trick is getting rid of them, and minimising the damage they can do while IN power.
Hmmmmmm.

"It is happening now, It has happened before, It will surely happen again."
Oldest member of SD.net, not most mature.
Brotherhood of the Monkey
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

kojikun wrote:oh, and lets not forget that corrupt politicians and incompetent fools are not permitted to be drawn into the office of dictator, only those qualified (meaning those who grasp upholding the constitution) can be made dictator.
How do you consider someone 'qualified'?

How can a small group of people determin who is qualified to lead the country? That should be left up to the people of the country.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

It seems like you would like to revive a government like the Roman Republic.
Hail Caesar! Roma Victor!! :)
The principal advantage of democracy, is damage controle. No one person can piss off the majority for very long, and stay in power. If the majority of the people mant bad things, then they shall have them. You can not save someone from themselves.
All selection processes let "bad" people into power.
The trick is getting rid of them, and minimising the damage they can do while IN power.
True, but like i said the manifesto incorporates democracy into the curia selection process, and every year the dictator is put on trial for his actions. Thats better then the US presidential system where you have 4 years and no accountability other the impeacehment.
How do you consider someone 'qualified'?
By them proving their ability to grasp constitutional law.
How can a small group of people determin who is qualified to lead the country? That should be left up to the people of the country.
It is left up to the people, to an extent. The qualifications are understanding constitutional law and how to uphold it. If a person cannot do this why the hell should they have any say on whats constitutional or not? Thats like saying you'd vote for a congressman whos never even heard of the Constitution of the United States and its ridiculous to even CONSIDER putting someone into power who has no understanding of the founding document of the country.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

Nathan, i said all of this stuff in the manifesto. please read it?