Kurdistan?

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Posbi
Padawan Learner

Post by Posbi »

To use the style of Murphy's Combat Laws:

Kurdistan...won't.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

weemadando wrote: And who see's anyone else in the world signing off on this?

No? Didn't think so. Stombringer - Stravo - Jegs... HANDS DOWN!
Ah, but the Kurds are helping us now in Northern Iraq, while the Turks
have been jerking our chains;

Yes, we'll let you stage thru our country into Northern Iraq!

No wait, we wont!

and so on so on..

Fucking ingrates. Mark my words, when this war is over, we are going
to remember who helped us, and who snowballed us.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

If it wasn't for most of the world bitching at us I say the USA should turn Iraq (all of it) into the 51th or 51th (Iraq) and 52nd (Kurdistan) states in the union. :twisted:
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Rubberanvil wrote:If it wasn't for most of the world bitching at us I say the USA should turn Iraq (all of it) into the 51th or 51th (Iraq) and 52nd (Kurdistan) states in the union. :twisted:
Silence fool mortal!
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

weemadando wrote:
Silence fool mortal!

But it would be so Roman!
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
weemadando wrote:
Silence fool mortal!

Hehe, I just got this picture of Bush entering the House of Reps for a state of the Union, dressed like a Roman emperor and wearing a ridiculusly oversized cowboy hat. :D

Seriously though, if we gave them the ability to suceed after say 10 years, it might be a good idea. Of course, there's no chance in hell of it ever happening.
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

Alex Moon wrote: Hehe, I just got this picture of Bush entering the House of Reps for a state of the Union, dressed like a Roman emperor and wearing a ridiculusly oversized cowboy hat. :D
Him and Rumfield do have the personality to pull that of stunt. :D
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ ... sly101.jpg
A tractor tries to demolish a mural Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) in the town of Qhara Anjir,
northern Iraq (news - web sites) Friday, March 28, 2003. Kurdish soldiers on Thursday took the town which
is 12 miles, 20 kilometers into Iraqi government area. (AP Photo/ Newsha Tavakolian)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ ... 92x260.jpg
Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) peshmerga fighters board a military pick-up on the main road from Chamchamal to Kirkuk(AFP/ Behrouz Mehri)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ ... 84x255.jpg
Kurd peshmerga patrol the main road from Chamchamal to Kirkuk(AFP/Behrouz Mehri)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ ... 84x256.jpg
Soldiers from the 173rd Airborne patrol in Harir

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ ... 84x256.jpg
Soldiers from the 173rd Airborne stand near a Kurdish peshmerga

Hmm....who is helping us in those pictures? Is it the Turks? Nope
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
weemadando wrote:
Silence fool mortal!

Yes, but that would entail going the whole way and providing the benefits of Rome (see monty python sketch) the benefits of the US don't really compare. (I can live without Starbucks and MacDonalds, I don't want to consider life without clean water and public order.) That's why wars were fought to join the Roman Empire...
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth