Hunters pissed at shoot-and-run Pawlenty.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Re: Hunters pissed at shoot-and-run Pawlenty.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Pulp Hero wrote:It's unsporting, but not ethically wrong for the Governor to leave the follow up to a team.
So you're saying it's prefectly fine to shot an animal and walk away from it as long as you have a team of people (in this case, employees of the state no less) to clean it up? Nevermind the bad example this sets for other hunters or that most hunters do not have the Governor's resources in being able to field a team to track the animal down for them.

Simply put, if you can't see a thing through to the end then you should fucking start it in the first place. Especially if that thing involves killing something.

Pulp Hero wrote:This "honor code" crap is dumb so long as the job gets done.
There's nothing about an "honor code" involved. It's about being a responsible hunter. If you shot an animal then you had better damned well track it down and make sure it's dead and police your kill. Anything less and you're being an irresponsible jackass and should be banned from entering the woods for the rest of your life. That goes double if you're the sort of person that would pawn off that responsibility on to others.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

So two friends go hunting, one shoots a deer that runs off. Later the shooter gets an important phone call and says, "Oh, shit dude. I really have go take care of this thing. Can you keep trying to find that deer for me?"

Really, that guy should be banned from hunting forever?
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Are you totally unable to differentiate between a scheduled fundraising event you know you have to go to and an emergency that pops up?
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Pulp Hero wrote:So two friends go hunting, one shoots a deer that runs off. Later the shooter gets an important phone call and says, "Oh, shit dude. I really have go take care of this thing. Can you keep trying to find that deer for me?"

Really, that guy should be banned from hunting forever?
Spartan pretty much summed it up, but if you're going to be a dishonest shit about things, I'll play too...

Are you honestly so fucking retarded you cannot tell the difference between someone who has to leave because of an emergency and someone who wants to leave because they're tired/bored/lazy/got-a-political-fund-raiser-a-state-away-to-attend? Like I said, if you can't stay and finish what you started then don't fucking start in the first place. Governor Pawlenty knew he had a fundraiser to attend later that day and he went hunting anyway, knowing full well that if he shot a deer he might actually have to go and track hit down. Instead he decided to be an irresponsible shithead about it and left that task to some peon because god-fucking-forbid the man should actually stick around and see though what he started on.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Rekkon
Padawan Learner

Post by Rekkon »

In one of those odd coincidences in life, I mentioned this article at work today and it turns out one of my coworkers was in Pawlenty's hunting party and helped track the deer. He said they only found two smallish patches of blood, leading him to believe that the governor only nicked it, and it ran off without serious injury.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

So not only is the governor an irresponsible asshole, he's a terrible marksman too.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Mr. Coffee wrote:So not only is the governor an irresponsible asshole, he's a terrible marksman too.
Perhaps, since the OP article says "Pawlenty has bagged only one deer -- in 2004".

I'm not a hunter and have no idea of a typical success rate for hunters in general, but if he hasn't had a kill in 5 years, he's either not hunting a lot, or is just a really poor shot!