The 2016 US Election (Part III)

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Q99
Jedi Council Member

Re: The 2016 US Election (Part III)

Post by Q99 »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:NPR Just did a small story about the fire bombing.
Aside from mentioning that NC seems almost certain to go Blue, they did note that the Democratic part IS indeed fundraising to repair the damage and is actually physically on hand helping people clean up and clear away damage.

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist.... But with the way things are going I seriously would not be surprised if it turned out to have been started by someone FROM the party itself, bombing their OWN building in an attempt to frame Liberals.

Rule number one: It's almost never a false flag. Unless you have clear evidence otherwise, it's a good idea to not even bring it up (victim blaming). People, as a general rule, just aren't that subtle.

Number one likelyhood, it was done by a very angry leftie.
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

I just have trouble believing that radical enough lefties to firebomb a building are that all in for the Democratic Party. But you're probably right.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Fucking stupid Democrats. The NC GOP who rent that office were just caught suppressing the vote, again, and were the driving force behind House Bill 2, which banned trans people from using the bathroom of their gender, along with deleting any local anti-discrimination measures for LGBT persons. How about instead of making some big "we support our opponents" monetary gesture, just condemn the attack and donate your money to the Trevor Project or something? Trans and LGBT people are dying, and you spend your money on repairing an office that was unoccupied and insured? Fuck everyone who donated to that piece of shit.
Dragon Angel
Jedi Knight

Post by Dragon Angel »

I'm honestly not excited about Democrats chipping in like this to help them rebuild. I mean, this is the same party that wants to ban trans people from using bathrooms in this state and disenfranchise black voters.

Of course I do not like the bombing. But I'm not optimistic to see this going anywhere but funding more state-sponsored bigotry.

Edit: Terralthra beat me lol.
"I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers, consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin', while my thoughts were busy hatchin', if I only had a brain!
I would not be just a nothin', my head all full of stuffin', my heart all full of pain.
I would dance and be merry, life would be would be a ding-a-derry, if I only had a brain!"
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

This thread is 90 pages long. Locking and starting a new one.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.