Iran Cracks US Stealth Spy Drone’s Secrets, Shows Proof

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Re: Iran Cracks US Stealth Spy Drone’s Secrets, Shows Proof

Post by Terralthra »

Zinegata wrote:
Bakustra wrote:My dear, the day I graced you with an insult was the defining moment of your young life, but to me, it was Tuesday.
Actually, I think it was a Wednesday, but since I know you put style above facts this is no surprise. :lol:
It was a reference to Street Fighter: The Movie.

Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Terralthra wrote:It was a reference to Street Fighter: The Movie.
I'm fully aware of the reference. Hence the deadpan reply :lol: .

(What, you actually thought I was serious that I kept tabs that it was a Wednesday? :lol: )
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

PeZook wrote:
You do know democracy imposed at the point of the bayonet doesn't work, right? Because that alone destroys any possible justification for the argument that country X should be kept invadable just in case the West wants to civilize it...
This hasn't worked so well ever since the Peloponnesian war, way back in the 5th century BC.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

PeZook wrote: You do know democracy imposed at the point of the bayonet doesn't work, right?

Not to be a smartass, but it worked pretty well for Japan.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Bakustra
Sith Devotee

Post by Bakustra »

Lonestar wrote:
PeZook wrote: You do know democracy imposed at the point of the bayonet doesn't work, right?

Not to be a smartass, but it worked pretty well for Japan.
No it didn't. What happened is that Japan had already had the vestiges of democratic government, a significant set of political minorities that wanted democracy (including the Japanese Communists), and the majority of the people were willing to work at democracy. It wasn't imposed on Japan- Japan actively accepted it, and if it really was just because they'd lost WWII, they would have developed back into a dictatorship or oligarchy once the immediate threat of destruction was out of the way. Instead, people actively wanted a democratic government and were willing to work to keep it alive. Which is why democracy can't be imposed on people- it requires active work to keep alive.
Invited by the new age, the elegant Sailor Neptune!
I mean, how often am I to enter a game of riddles with the author, where they challenge me with some strange and confusing and distracting device, and I'm supposed to unravel it and go "I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE" and take great personal satisfaction and pride in our mutual cleverness?
- The Handle, from the TVTropes Forums
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Bakustra wrote:No it didn't. What happened is that Japan had already had the vestiges of democratic government, a significant set of political minorities that wanted democracy (including the Japanese Communists), and the majority of the people were willing to work at democracy.
Something like 1% of the Japanese population qualified as "communists"(accordng to DUGOUT DOUG), and the biggest group of political minorities that "wanted democracy"(presumably the women, who couldn't vote) were so damn confused about the whole thing that they thought they could only vote for candidates of their particular demographic.

It wasn't imposed on Japan- Japan actively accepted it, and if it really was just because they'd lost WWII, they would have developed back into a dictatorship or oligarchy once the immediate threat of destruction was out of the way. Instead, people actively wanted a democratic government and were willing to work to keep it alive. Which is why democracy can't be imposed on people- it requires active work to keep alive.

It absolutely was imposed on Japan. SCAP ran the occupation mostly on auto-pilot, and because he did that the Old Guard got used to Dugout Doug not stomping all over the civilian(Japanese) administration. When he instructed them to come up with a new constitution the new one that they came out with had exactly one change from the old one: The Emperor's power went from being "sacred and inviolable" to "supreme and inviolable". They dug in their heels and Dugout Doug ended up having to run a propaganda campaign amoungst the regular people after he personally wrote most of the new constitution.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Destructionator XIII wrote:If evidence of prior acts of terror is good enough to blame bin Laden, then accusing the state of Israel for and act of terrorism ought to be quite acceptable.
Except of course the "evidence" the Taliban claims to possess proving Jewish involvement was false - 4,000 Jews did not receive prior warning about the 9/11 attacks. So again, this is nothing more than just you being too idiotic to tell reality from propaganda.
FYI, you're basically agreeing with what Dr. Ahmadinejad said when half the UN rudely walked out on his speech (I guess the western delegates just couldn't stand hearing that the emperor has no clothes.)

9/11, just like the holocaust, has been used by a lot of opportunistic assholes to justify shit they wanted to do anyway. The Zionist plans were in motion as early as 1917, and then when Hitler did his thing, that was used as the excuse to move forward, despite all logic. (As Dr. Ahmadinejad has asked before: if it was Germany and Austria who perpetated the crime, why was it Palestine that got carved up in response?)

Now, we have existing plans to topple bin Laden from at least 1999, and 9/11 is the excuse to push it up to right now, regardless of what evidence did or did not exist. Some believe President Bush wanted to go after Iraq.. and used 9/11 as the excuse. The government may have already wanted to expand its tyranny... and used 9/11 as the excuse.
Not really, I'm pointing out that Bin Laden was already a wanted criminal even before 9/11 by the UN. Because Al Qaeda are a bunch of assholes who didn't just destroy the WTC - they also perpetrated many other acts of terrorism. The Mumbai shootings for instance.

How you twisted my statement into the above nonesense is frankly strange, and pretty much nothing more than "Wall of Ignorance".

The above is nothing more than a disjointed series of ramblings about how the Holocaust is apparently part of a Zionist plot, and it's frankly bordering on racist. Really, claiming that the Jews plotted their own genocide as early as 1917 so that they can get to be mean to the Palestinians?

Sounds like nothing more than the same old anti-semetic shit to me (claiming Jews are master plotters); which Dr "I Deny The Holocaust" perpetuates to gain street cred among the religious crazies in Iran but is looked down upon by most of his people as something that damages the prestige of their nation.

It's actually remarkable you buy into such stupid propaganda.
Someone had better tell that to the United States, who ultimately left Iraq because we weren't willing to face trial from the local law for crimes like murder and rape.
Oh, yes, and there you go again. Changing the topic to whine about America.

Again, it's clear your position isn't real pacificism. You're just using it as a cover to pointlessly whine about America.
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

HMS Conqueror wrote:
Scottish Ninja wrote:
HMS Conqueror wrote:A right that surveillance by unarmed drones does not infringe.
No; that would be the right of nations to control their own airspace.
Perhaps, but it's one of these balancing acts, because they don't have a right to develop nuclear weapons. If I were a magistrate I would issue a search warrant against Iran.
And I would have you shot to protect the gene pool. You dumb shit. At least fucking google the term "illegal search".
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester