The Refuge from Political Correctness mk II

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Sriad
Sith Devotee

Re: The Refuge from Political Correctness mk II

Post by Sriad »

If you need me, I'll be on my way to hell for laughing uproariously at this.
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

Aaand Galv beat me to it in the political cartoon thread by days. That's what I get for not reading the sticky threads.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I still say the google ad panel is frequently one of the most amusing bits of politically incorrect humour in an unintentional manner this year. "Whose More Likely to Cheat on Their spouses" presidential campaign which if one knows the canidate's histories is pretty clear. (one of them has cheated numerous times on both wives he's had, and who didn't even wait till his devirce was final before marrying his current wife.)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Yosemite Bear

for some reason my brain keeps getting Dobson (fundy, focus on the family) confused with Dodgson (lewis caroll), with the reasoning that even though the latter made nude photographs of underaged girls he appears to be a much better person.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Is this where I can come out and say:

"If you support McCain/Palin over Obama/Biden you are a fucking retard who doesn't understand what that is going to do, not only to your countries economy and internal policies, but your relationships with other nations, the world economy and the general impression that the rest of the world has of Americans?"
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

There seriously needs to be a limit against how many times the same fucking measure can be on the ballot.

"Keep putting that failed measure for a 48 hour waiting period on the ballot, one day it will pass."
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

I'd just like to register that this thread is getting me all socially confused and its generally pretty messed up on my end.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I've got it! For Halloween this year, I'll dress as Disgruntled Office Gunman dude. It'll be a hoot!
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Coyote wrote:I've got it! For Halloween this year, I'll dress as Disgruntled Office Gunman dude. It'll be a hoot!
I couldn't get that to work for the same reason any Jason Voorhees getup would instafail: No fake machetes or guns. I can only find real ones here in Louisiana :lol:
Image Image
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
Coyote wrote:I've got it! For Halloween this year, I'll dress as Disgruntled Office Gunman dude. It'll be a hoot!
I couldn't get that to work for the same reason any Jason Voorhees getup would instafail: No fake machetes or guns. I can only find real ones here in Louisiana :lol:
Well, there's always "Sitting in a Van Outside the School Dude". :D

A great one for the kids out trick-or-treating tonight: Just a plan, all-black body suit called "the Invisible Pedestrian". :wink:
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

I love watching schoolyard political debates. The entirety of my Acting class today consisted of a nearly-silent McCain supporter and an independant who thinks both candidates are poor choices and thus is refusing to vote against three Obama supporters. Fun times, fun times.
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

chitoryu12 wrote:I love watching schoolyard political debates. The entirety of my Acting class today consisted of a nearly-silent McCain supporter and an independant who thinks both candidates are poor choices and thus is refusing to vote against three Obama supporters. Fun times, fun times.
Let me guess- the first didn't want to explain their resaons and the second doesn't understand the meaning of the word "better".
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Q: When George Bush has sex with his wife, who is on top?

A: His wife, because George Bush can only fuck up.

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

With reference to the Duggar family and their 18 kids.

How ironic would it be if one of their kids ends up becoming a doctor at an abortion clinic? Yes I know they are a family of religious folk but the thought crossed my mind that maybe one of them will grow up not conforming in an extreme way.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

In reference to the riots in Athens. Note; you need to be a bit of a WoW geek, and have a very, very, dark sense of humour; too soon?
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Crown wrote:In reference to the riots in Athens. Note; you need to be a bit of a WoW geek, and have a very, very, dark sense of humour; too soon?

Bwhahahaha! er... bwhahahaespue sigma alpha beta. {/mangle greek}
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

The Obama Administration has already made a terrible, terrible mistake.

You know how the weekly radio addresses are being put on Youtube? They allowed comments!
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
CarsonPalmer
Jedi Master

Post by CarsonPalmer »

Mayabird wrote:The Obama Administration has already made a terrible, terrible mistake.

You know how the weekly radio addresses are being put on Youtube? They allowed comments!
As my grandmother would say, Holy Goodnight! They have flame wars over They Might Be Giants videos. I can't imagine the venom going back and forth on that video.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

I found another one Gandalf.

Not fake, this is just a case of really REALLY bad timing for an add that was probably paid for a long time ago.

http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image= ... cement.jpg
The Yosemite Bear

An old joke from College Journelism Class, updated.

So this FOX intern gets sent out to a retirement community because the serveys show that older people are more conservative, and they need some sound bites.

He comes back dejected, "It was horrible, they could still remember the Real Fascists from WWII, the Depression, I really couldn't do anything with them."
Gate Keeper: Well what about the Family Values issues.
Intern: They all wore shirts that said "Life begins at 50!"

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Coyote wrote:Image
Well, most Christian would just say you have to work hard to get into heaven.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
CarsonPalmer
Jedi Master

Post by CarsonPalmer »

Stargate Nerd wrote: Catholics too? I thought that was Protestant/Calvinist thought.
Catholics would say you have to work hard to get heaven. Calvinists would say that you can't, because its predetermined whether or not you'll get there.