another round of TERRIBLE POLITICAL CARTOONS

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Re: another round of TERRIBLE POLITICAL CARTOONS

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:did anyone notice the "author" of that comic?
"A. Wyatt Mann"
I saw some of that shitbird's work in Blood in the Face before the Hurricane killed NOLA. The book had somehow magically appeared in my sister's possession after she dated a dumbass Nazi from the NAAWP back in ~'96 or so. Apparently the asshat thought the book endorsed this kind of hatred when it really doesn't. I still wish I had the book, but Katrina destroyed my book collection I'd build up since childhood.
Image Image
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

ray245 wrote:I have to wonder, how many people would even think of such a way to attack Martin Luther King if the Republicans and Fox News did not start their hate and fear-mongering machine?
They probably wouldn't change things that much. I doubt even the Republicans or Fox would have the guts to so blatantly attack Dr. King like that. This level of shit comes from people who think the Republicans and Fox don't go far enough.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Morilore
Jedi Master

Post by Morilore »

ray245 wrote:I have to wonder, how many people would even think of such a way to attack Martin Luther King if the Republicans and Fox News did not start their hate and fear-mongering machine?
Uh, dude? People have been saying and writing and drawing shit like that for like a century and a half. It's only in the last 30, 40 years that it even hasn't been allowed in the mainstream.
"Guys, don't do that"
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Ive decided that our good friend Chuck REALLY likes those overly explained comics... which is Ironic because I barely get the point hes trying to make

Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Ive decided that our good friend Chuck REALLY likes those overly explained comics... which is Ironic because I barely get the point hes trying to make

Not even joking here, I really don't get this one.
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Pulp Hero wrote: Not even joking here, I really don't get this one.
I think it's that the american govenrment is thinking it's rich and causing inflation by overspending which is supposedly the opposite of the lesson the crisis was supposed to teach us.
Covenant
Sith Marauder

Post by Covenant »

Duckie wrote:
Pulp Hero wrote: Not even joking here, I really don't get this one.
I think it's that the american govenrment is thinking it's rich and causing inflation by overspending which is supposedly the opposite of the lesson the crisis was supposed to teach us.
I think it's about the bank bailouts. The banks and rich people thinking they had money, so they're printing cash to throw at the banks. This guy is one of those morons who thinks letting the entire financial sector fall on their own sword would somehow make everything roll on for the rest of us.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

And yet AGAIN we have cartoons where I fail to get any point at all..
Is Jesus a Powersource? Are we supposed to use him in the electricity grid or something?

And... this one... Why the fuck does Palosi have her hands cut off and replaced by hooks? Why is she smiling? Why? WHY I ask you!
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Gigaliel
Padawan Learner

Post by Gigaliel »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:And yet AGAIN we have cartoons where I fail to get any point at all..

Is Jesus a Powersource? Are we supposed to use him in the electricity grid or something?
I'm pretty sure it's just a generic "Jesus Rules" poster using a topical metaphor the author thought was clever.

And... this one... Why the fuck does Pelosi have her hands cut off and replaced by hooks? Why is she smiling? Why? WHY I ask you!
They're pirates because the bailout is stealing from the people.

And her hands are hooks because she is a pirate. And that smile is terrifying.
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
Crossroads Inc. wrote:did anyone notice the "author" of that comic?
"A. Wyatt Mann"
I saw some of that shitbird's work in Blood in the Face before the Hurricane killed NOLA. The book had somehow magically appeared in my sister's possession after she dated a dumbass Nazi from the NAAWP back in ~'96 or so. Apparently the asshat thought the book endorsed this kind of hatred when it really doesn't. I still wish I had the book, but Katrina destroyed my book collection I'd build up since childhood.
Yea, A. Wyatt Mann is the pseudonym of some shit-heap who draws cartoons for white supremacist newsletters.

Follow this link if you feel like experiencing pure :finger: :banghead: :finger:.

On the subject of King's alleged horndogery we won't really know the truth until 2027 when FBI surveillance tapes are unsealed; there was a strong campaign to discredit him based on "womanizing" even in his own lifetime. It's hardly original to the current generation of right-wing revisionists.
Prannon
Jedi Knight

Post by Prannon »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:And yet AGAIN we have cartoons where I fail to get any point at all..
*snip*

*snip*
And... this one... Why the fuck does Palosi have her hands cut off and replaced by hooks? Why is she smiling? Why? WHY I ask you!
From a former fundamentalist, I can tell you that the reason the cartoonist refers to it as a "sustainable power source" is because Jesus is supposed to give you purpose, direction, and energy to live your life, even in troubled times. It goes with the Christian theme of renewal and revitalization of a lost life.

As for the second cartoon, you've never heard the term "ship of state" before, have you? If you think of it that way, Pelosi and Reid have pirated the biggest ship in the world, or they have if you think that the US was doing just fine and going down the right Christian path. ;)
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

Never have I seen such a good parody of RLC.

Fuck, I hate Right Left Center so goddamn much.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Kodiak
Jedi Master

Post by Kodiak »

Instant Sunrise wrote:Never have I seen such a good parody of RLC.

*snip*

Fuck, I hate Right Left Center so goddamn much.
Too bad this would actually appeal to a HUGE conservative fanbase. Do you have a link to this guy's site?
Image PRFYNAFBTFCP
Captain of the MFS Frigate of Pizazz +2 vs. Douchebags - Est vicis pro nonnullus suscito vir

"Are you an idiot? What demand do you think there is for aircraft carriers that aren't government?" - Captain Chewbacca

"I keep my eighteen wives in wonderfully appointed villas by bringing the underwear of god to the heathens. They will come to know God through well protected goodies." - Gandalf

"There is no such thing as being too righteous to understand." - Darth Wong
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

Kodiak wrote:Too bad this would actually appeal to a HUGE conservative fanbase. Do you have a link to this guy's site?
I used to, but then the author lost all his money in a ponzi scheme. Now he's started up again but I don't know where they get posted.

Oh wait, here we go.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Johonebesus
Jedi Master

Post by Johonebesus »

Instant Sunrise wrote:
Kodiak wrote:Too bad this would actually appeal to a HUGE conservative fanbase. Do you have a link to this guy's site?
I used to, but then the author lost all his money in a ponzi scheme. Now he's started up again but I don't know where they get posted.

Oh wait, here we go.
I think he's asking about the parody, not the the original.

On the first page of the site you linked he ends the commentary with "I bet Obama never bashed Marx."
"Can you eat quarks? Can you spread them on your bed when the cold weather comes?" -Bernard Levin

"Sir: Mr. Bernard Levin asks 'Can you eat quarks?' I estimate that he eats 500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 quarks a day...Yours faithfully..." -Sir Alan Cottrell

Elohim's loving mercy: "Hey, you, don't turn around. WTF! I said DON'T tur- you know what, you're a pillar of salt now. Bitch." - an anonymous commenter
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Do you remember a while back when the Stimulus bill passed, and All but Three republicans voted against it? Remember how we all sighed and said how petty it was, how the Republicans where killing any hope of Bipartisan ship? In fact the media as a whole went on About how One sided it was?

Lets see it now, through the eyes of some Righties...

And keep in mind these where all done by the same guy... Its not enough he made a cartoon once, he had to drive home the fact Three times... Voting aginst the rest of the Gop? having a brain of your own? not following the cult? TRAITOR!!!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

Crossroads Inc. wrote: Image
Does this one mean that while Republicans get the "moral" victory, Democrats get the real victory, because I can live with playing the part of Santa Anna for a while.
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Pulp Hero wrote:Does this one mean that while Republicans get the "moral" victory, Democrats get the real victory, because I can live with playing the part of Santa Anna for a while.

*Snerk*

As usual, the Republitard didn't think it through.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Thanas wrote:
Pulp Hero wrote:Does this one mean that while Republicans get the "moral" victory, Democrats get the real victory, because I can live with playing the part of Santa Anna for a while.
*Snerk*

As usual, the Republitard didn't think it through.
Didn't he? The Mexican Army may have won that battle but they lost the war.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

^Yeah, but the Alamo people were all killed.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

For that matter, the whole "Texas independence" thingy was because the Americans moving in wanted to have slaves and the Mexican government was like, "Hell no, we're not having that slavery crap here," so they revolted. Moral victory my ass.

Yeah, definitely didn't think that cartoon through.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Prannon
Jedi Knight

Post by Prannon »

Mayabird wrote:For that matter, the whole "Texas independence" thingy was because the Americans moving in wanted to have slaves and the Mexican government was like, "Hell no, we're not having that slavery crap here," so they revolted. Moral victory my ass.

Yeah, definitely didn't think that cartoon through.
To be fair to history, there was also the matter of Mexico revoking it's constitution at the time and Santa Anna establishing something of an authoritarian dictatorship in Mexico City. Although slavery was a factor in their decision to revolt, I believe that they were also planning to enforce Spanish and Catholicism (cultural purity measures rarely work). Tejas was hardly the only state to revolt when Santa Anna came to power (for the record, Mexico is a federal state like the US, Germany, Australia, Canada, etc). It was just the only one to succeed. That's not to say that Anglo settlers were necessarily justified in the revolt. It does mean that the whole thingy was not about slavery. [/end thead derailment]
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

^No, it was also about illegal immigrants trying to hold on to their stolen land and openly agitating for treason and secession.
------------
------------
My LPs
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Once again folks, its time to Play... Name! That! Fallacy!
Because if ONLY those ships had the "will" to defend themselves, they wouldn't be boarded by men with machine guns and grenades!
Because we ALL know that evil Liberals Are going to throw in jail anyone that opposes them.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Thanas wrote:^Yeah, but the Alamo people were all killed.
Their side still won though, is my point. He's arguably saying that they may lose the battle but will win the war.

Though if you carry the whole thing out to it's conclusion you will eventually reach the point Mayabird brought up, though I doubt more than a few in the general public and, in my opinion, none of the people who would normally read this would think things through to that extent.
Soy un perdedor.