AOC demolishes Congressman Yoho after sexist attack.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

AOC demolishes Congressman Yoho after sexist attack.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

https://youtube.com/watch?v=B1sEEhdEhCQ

I hope to God I see this woman in the White House one day.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Re: AOC demolishes Congressman Yoho after sexist attack.

Post by Darth Lucifer »

It's noteworthy to mention that none of Yoho's Republican colleagues have come out to condemn his remarks. Not a single one.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: AOC demolishes Congressman Yoho after sexist attack.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Indeed.

The whole Republican wing of the Congress is collectively guilty. Every single fucking one.

And that, incidentally, is the big difference between Democrats and Republicans. Democrats still, at least to some extent, allow for internal debate and dissent. Biden does not try to dictate to every Democrat, and AOC does not hesitate to break with Pelosi, and so on. Not so the Republicans. Every dissenting voice, at least at a high level, is very rare and very quiet, or has been pushed out of any meaningful role in the party (if they haven't outright left like Amash). The sole possible exception being Mitt Romney, who as an independently wealthy man with no realistic prospect of further political advancement who is highly popular in his home state, is probably the only high level Republican who is relatively safe (politically if not physically) in telling Trump to fuck off from time to time.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.