The 2016 US Election (Part IV)

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Re: The 2016 US Election (Part IV)

Post by Elheru Aran »

Solauren wrote:The election really came down to this:
Trump is facing lawsuits based on his businesses, but he wasn't investigated by the FBI. Yeah, women saying he was sexually inappropriate with them means he's an asshole.

Clinton was facing possible criminal charges for stuff she did in office.

If not for the email scandal, Clinton might have won.
Yes. It was the emails. Not the built-up 30 years' worth of mindless Clinton-hatred built up by the Republican establishment and hung out to fly ever since.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Yeah, because blocking a couple of trade deals is more important than the basic equality, dignity, and civil liberties of every woman and minority in America, more important than our democratic institutions and the rule of law.

People like you are the problem, Crown.
The median wage for Americans today is less than what it was in 1999. I'm pretty sure that includes "every woman and minority in America" you jackass.

This epitomises how the left is losing its fucking its traditional voter base; it's about the economy stupid.

Oh and the GOD EMPEROR gained minorities and women vis-a-vis Romney (sauce). So deflate your narrative.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Trump is facing lawsuits based on his businesses, but he wasn't investigated by the FBI. Yeah, women saying he was sexually inappropriate with them means he's an asshole.

Their is no reason to believe that Clinton would have faced criminal charges, though if Trump keeps his word, she will likely face a kangaroo court now. The vaunted new emails that surfaced just before the election turned out to be absolutely nothing.

She was investigated, and cleared, again and again.

We condemned someone on suspicion and rumour, and in doing so condemned our country.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Crown wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:Yeah, because blocking a couple of trade deals is more important than the basic equality, dignity, and civil liberties of every woman and minority in America, more important than our democratic institutions and the rule of law.

People like you are the problem, Crown.
The median wage for Americans today is less than what it was in 1999. I'm pretty sure that includes "every woman and minority in America" you jackass.

This epitomises how the left is losing its fucking its traditional voter base; it's about the economy stupid.

Oh and the GOD EMPEROR gained minorities and women vis-a-vis Romney (sauce). So deflate your narrative.
If people choose to put their pocket book over basic civil liberties, that hardly speaks well of them.

Not that Trump will do a God damn thing to help the working class.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Elheru Aran wrote:

Yes. It was the emails. Not the built-up 30 years' worth of mindless Clinton-hatred built up by the Republican establishment and hung out to fly ever since.
To be entirely fair, the emails and Benghazi are the crown jewels of that smear campaign. Without them they'd be flogging on the deal with Bill and Lewinski and claiming that Hillary murdered Vince Foster. And even then they'd mostly be reduced to "But she's a crook and a liar" without having anything remotely substantial to point to.

They were still a farce of course, but they were recent ones.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

The Romulan Republic wrote:
Crown wrote:The median wage for Americans today is less than what it was in 1999. I'm pretty sure that includes "every woman and minority in America" you jackass.

If people choose to put their pocket book over basic civil liberties, that hardly speaks well of them.
Feels vs Reals.

If you continue to fuck over a large segment of your voter base economically; they will rebel when they see an opportunity to do so.
The Romulan Republic wrote:Not that Trump will do a God damn thing to help the working class.
Would Hillary have?
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Imperial528 wrote:
Elheru Aran wrote:

To be entirely fair, the emails and Benghazi are the crown jewels of that smear campaign. Without them they'd be flogging on the deal with Bill and Lewinski and claiming that Hillary murdered Vince Foster. And even then they'd mostly be reduced to "But she's a crook and a liar" without having anything remotely substantial to point to.

They were still a farce of course, but they were recent ones.
That's a fair enough point, but the fact is the right wing seriously had a massive hate-on for the Clintons from the start, and the latest events only built on that. And by repeating all the myths and lies about the Clintons, taking advantage of public ignorance to make up stories that sounded vaguely plausible (the Clintons take money from the Saudis via the Clinton Foundation therefore she can't be trusted! etc), they've blackened her reputation permanently even among non-Republicans who aren't smart enough to do their own research. Sort of a guilt-by-association thing.... 'well if they keep saying all this stuff about her there MUST be something to it'.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Relative to Romney, Trump was -1 with whites, +2 with blacks, +2 with hispanics, +3 with asians, -1 with everyone else.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

The Vortex Empire wrote:Relative to Romney, Trump was -1 with whites, +2 with blacks, +2 with hispanics, +3 with asians, -1 with everyone else.
Hang on a second. Trump's numbers with minorities *improved*?
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Not that Trump will do a God damn thing to help the working class.
Would Hillary have?[/quote]

Nope.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Crown wrote:
Crown wrote:The median wage for Americans today is less than what it was in 1999. I'm pretty sure that includes "every woman and minority in America" you jackass.

Feels vs Reals.

If you continue to fuck over a large segment of your voter base economically; they will rebel when they see an opportunity to do so.
Would Hillary have?
More than Fuhrer Pussygrabber will, anyway.

The Democrats may be pro-trade, but they are not actively hostile to anything (like minimum wage increases, public health care, and tuition free college) that will help the poor.

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Dominus Atheos wrote:
Would Hillary have?
Nope.[/quote]

Ah, the false equivalency narrative. I'm sure that played a big role in last night's result. :evil:

Gerald Tarrant
Jedi Knight

Post by Gerald Tarrant »

Chimaera wrote:
Please. I'm more than aware of the reasons why Trump has been elected (though not, I might point out, by popular vote at the time of writing). It doesn't make it any less farcical.
Nice, so no argument that it's a rational approach to a problem that Clinton ignored? Because that's the core of the problem, it's not spreading because it's mad, it's spreading because leaders aren't adequately dealing with the problem's stemming from immigration and trade. Immigration is normally irrelevant when times are good, but if jobs start being lost then it's a simple calculation to note that every extra available worker (immigrants are an easy target) means one less available job. Rightly or wrongly the people that turned out for Trump see immigration and trade trends as contrary to their interests. At one point leaders knew how to set up government policy so that Trade and Immigration were still balanced out making the whole thing a Pareto efficient exchange, but if none of that's making its way to the disaffected voters, then you get results like last night.

link White (High School educated at most) death rates started climbing all the way back in 1999, looking at that chart, it seems to me like complacency is the insane choice.
The rain it falls on all alike
Upon the just and unjust fella'
But more upon the just one for
The Unjust hath the Just's Umbrella
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Elheru Aran wrote:
The Vortex Empire wrote:Relative to Romney, Trump was -1 with whites, +2 with blacks, +2 with hispanics, +3 with asians, -1 with everyone else.
Hang on a second. Trump's numbers with minorities *improved*?
Why are you surprised? :lol:

The GOD EMPEROR got the media (who were donating to Hillary and in bed with her politically in order to destroy him) to pay for his campaign, and it shocks you that he could pick up votes from minorities?
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Crown wrote:Would Hillary have?
More than Fuhrer Pussygrabber will, anyway.
Based on what?
The Romulan Republic wrote:The Democrats may be pro-trade, but they are not actively hostile to anything (like minimum wage increases, public health care, and tuition free college) that will help the poor.
Which is why they export American jobs (passing NAFTA), failed to pass public health care (when Obama had both the senate and house in his first term) and have helped poor communities by helping drive up student loans and contributed to the housing bubble with the HUD policy ... riiiiiiight.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

So yeah...we have a racist, kidfucking, rapist billionaire at the head of the most powerful country in the world...put there by the will of the people. That's the part that's so stunning to me...we...wanted him to win....or (maybe) the normies stayed home thinking that there weren't enough brown-people hating weirdos out there to get him into the white house. This doesn't feel real.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Wow. Americans are dumb. Mass sterilization for all!
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Basically my assessment is that Clinton was doing so well in the polls, with an uptick on Election Day itself, that people who were planning on voting for her became complacent and stayed home. That's the only way the polls and end result makes sense short of Russian hackers (Trump and Putin are masturbation buddies) and without evidence of that happening I have to discount it.

In any case, Americans are fucking stupid.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Chardok wrote:So yeah...we have a racist, kidfucking, rapist billionaire at the head of the most powerful country in the world...put there by the will of the people. That's the part that's so stunning to me...we...wanted him to win....or (maybe) the normies stayed home thinking that there weren't enough brown-people hating weirdos out there to get him into the white house. This doesn't feel real.
Bill can't run again dude, take deep breaths.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Flagg wrote:Basically my assessment is that Clinton was doing so well in the polls, with an uptick on Election Day itself, that people who were planning on voting for her became complacent and stayed home. That's the only way the polls and end result makes sense short of Russian hackers (Trump and Putin are masturbation buddies) and without evidence of that happening I have to discount it.

Or the polls were wrong.

You know, which ever is more likely.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Elheru Aran wrote:

Yeah, the emails were bullshit. And anyone who voted for a tax evading pedophile rapist who shows clear signs of being a goddamned psychopath over Clinton because of scandals that exist only in Rethuglican fever dreams should have their mobile homes seized.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Crown wrote:
Flagg wrote:Basically my assessment is that Clinton was doing so well in the polls, with an uptick on Election Day itself, that people who were planning on voting for her became complacent and stayed home. That's the only way the polls and end result makes sense short of Russian hackers (Trump and Putin are masturbation buddies) and without evidence of that happening I have to discount it.

Or the polls were wrong.

Yeah, I'm sure every poll was wrong. It was all a conspiracy! Are you a truther and anti-vaxxer, too you fucking idiot?
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Crown wrote:
Chardok wrote:So yeah...we have a racist, kidfucking, rapist billionaire at the head of the most powerful country in the world...put there by the will of the people. That's the part that's so stunning to me...we...wanted him to win....or (maybe) the normies stayed home thinking that there weren't enough brown-people hating weirdos out there to get him into the white house. This doesn't feel real.
Bill can't run again dude, take deep breaths.
Bill Clinton isn't a billionaire, racist, or kidfucker. Stop projecting.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Flagg wrote:
Crown wrote:Or the polls were wrong.

Yeah, I'm sure every poll was wrong. It was all a conspiracy! Are you a truther and anti-vaxxer, too you fucking idiot?
The polls could be wrong because the methodology was faulty, no?
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Flagg wrote:
Crown wrote:Bill can't run again dude, take deep breaths.
Bill Clinton isn't a billionaire, racist, or kidfucker. Stop projecting.

I think he was joking?